Phantis Forums

Sollied

CH-Thrylos

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We (or a lot of us) were not happy with the play and result in Europe under Bajević. Those seems to be the glory days now in retrospect. I myself am ashamed of how we've fallen. We have only one win in the last 12 CL-games. We used to be feared by any big team playing us in Athens, now look at us.

In conclusion = Ha de Trond!! ( Bye bye, no need to write us)

This so-called coach we have has to go ASAP for the following reasons:

*He has been in charge for more than 60 competive games with the 4-3-3 system and today against Shaktor he decides to play 4-4-2 and leave our only striker on the bench :whistle:

*It takes takes him 75 minutes to make his first sub (he has been doing this since day 1) :tdown:

*Olympiakos in the first 8 years of Champions League matches at home competed against every team at home and only lost 3/25 games 15-7-3 (once to Juventus and twice to Man.Utd)...This KARAGIOZH in 2 years has had 1-1-4 @ Karaiskaki and we have played sh#t soccer...This guy has come for a holiday or simply has no f#@$%n clue :angry:

*When Patsazoglou made his successful return to the National team he was suppossed to start in his first Ch.Lge match in 3 years and this KARAGIOZH leaves him on the bench for the entire match and played Maric instea

Solid has had plenty of time to show improvement on the pitch BUT his time has run out....

If anybody believes Solid should stay can they please give reasons as to why B)

I have been supporting this team with a passion for years BUT since Solid has taken over, the truth is that OLYMPIAKOS has played their worst soccer in the past 20 years :whistle:

Sorry guys from my dissapointment i didn't see the originaltopic on SOLID..Can somebody close the topic i accidently doubled up B)

*He has been in charge for more than 60 competive games with the 4-3-3 system and today against Shaktor he decides to play 4-4-2 and leave our only striker on the bench

*It takes takes him 75 minutes to make his first sub (he has been doing this since day 1)

*Olympiakos in the first 8 years of Champions League matches at home competed against every team at home and only lost 3/25 games 15-7-3 (once to Juventus and twice to Man.Utd)...This KARAGIOZH in 2 years has had 1-1-4 @ Karaiskaki and we have played sh#t soccer...This guy has come for a holiday or simply has no f#@$%n clue

*When Patsazoglou made his successful return to the National team he was suppossed to start in his first Ch.Lge match in 3 years and this KARAGIOZH leaves him on the bench for the entire match and played Maric instea

Solid has had plenty of time to show improvement on the pitch BUT his time has run out....

If anybody believes Solid should stay can they please give reasons as to why

I have been supporting this team with a passion for years BUT since Solid has taken over, the truth is that OLYMPIAKOS has played their worst soccer in the past 20 years

dont just blame sollied..blame your players..they are crap and ready to keel over and have heart attacks...players like tzole, rivaldo and georgatos were good, but now they are nothing more then a symbol..get some players who have the desire to play and who knows, sollied might ave been able to do something...he is to blame, but open threads about getting rid of your gerous...

man i agree with everything u said but a good part of the blame must also lie on ur players...

there to ###### old, u need to clear out the fossels and replace em with classy players who will fight for ur jumper and intergrate them with hot prospects....

this team needs to re-discover its self with a new leece of life...

the only place where Sollied sucked was his transfers. most of them didn't look like Olympiacos calibre (Domi, Ouaddou..vs). he signed players expecting them to perform and trusting on them but they kept making s%$#! all over the place. If you remember the Valencia game, what can a coach do if simply one of your defenders fail to prevent two carbon copy goals straight from the corner? Or what would a coach do if his so-trusted and experienced 35 year old goalie comes out and misses every cross; or when he can't handle one ball for f**** sake?

this year Olympiacos lost in the CL because of two reasons in my opinion: 1. Having lack of fighting players in midfield (Stoltidis is ok but if you field Djole and Ribo, you have to put one or two "bulldogs" behind them) and 2. individual mistakes (Ouaddou, Nikopolidis and Cesar in particular).

If there's a third reason, then it is Sollied.. ;)

Sorry guys from my dissapointment i didn't see the originaltopic on SOLID..Can somebody close the topic i accidently doubled up B)

*He has been in charge for more than 60 competive games with the 4-3-3 system and today against Shaktor he decides to play 4-4-2 and leave our only striker on the bench

*It takes takes him 75 minutes to make his first sub (he has been doing this since day 1)

*Olympiakos in the first 8 years of Champions League matches at home competed against every team at home and only lost 3/25 games 15-7-3 (once to Juventus and twice to Man.Utd)...This KARAGIOZH in 2 years has had 1-1-4 @ Karaiskaki and we have played sh#t soccer...This guy has come for a holiday or simply has no f#@$%n clue

If anybody believes Solid should stay can they please give reasons as to why

I have been supporting this team with a passion for years BUT since Solid has taken over, the truth is that OLYMPIAKOS has played their worst soccer in the past 20 years

why are you so upset now he won you the double re :LOL:

sollied isnt a bad coach the guy plays attractive football and oly is pretty unlucky sometimes but the problem is the teams age, its shocking. oly needs to make some big changes for next year or else they wont even come close to winning the super league. if i was in charge of oly id get rid of

nikopolidis, lemmons, ouaddou, georgatos, bulut, rivaldo, okkas, borja

some of these players are just junk or have pretty high wages so getting rid of these guys opens up room for some good and younger replacements

and then id do something like this

Goalies

*new GK, butina, giannou

Defenders

RB: *new RB, pantos, (or patsatzoglou)

LB: zewlakow, domi

CB:*new CB, cezar, anatolakis, kapsis, kostoulas

Midfielders

RM: *new RM, maric, (or kafes)

LM: djordjevic, (or castillo)

*and a new Forward/ Left Midfielder (some1 that can play forward and left midlield like albert luque for example)

CM:stoltidis, kafes, patsatzoglou, ne, taralidis

Forwards

castillo

konstantinou

*new Forward/ LM

babangida

pappas

so basically my starting line up would be something like this

----------------------------new GK

new RB-----Cezar/anatolakis----new CB----zewlakow

-------------------kafes----------stoltidis

new RM---------------------------------djordjevic or luque (for example)

-------------konstantinou-----------castillo

that'd be a team and not a bordello like olympiakos has at the moment. if sollied does something like that then the results will start getting better

:tup: ;)

I wrote this in the previous thread, but I am copting it here:

I will write it again as I have in the past... Sollied's hands are TIED. If he benches Ribo or Tjorj HE WILL BE CRUCIFIED by the fans. Period. And if he isnt, Ribo will cause such a ruckas that he will be hated and the team's moral will suck. Sollied knows this and tries to make something out of what he has. You midfield SUCKED. And guess who was playing there? You need guys that dont stop and distribute in the midfield, and those guys just dont do it anymore. Ribo made such a big deal when Bajevic took him out of a PROTATHLIMA game!!! What would happen if he was benched for a CL GAME????

Get rid of the cancer and let the new blood build your team.

And I add that if your midfield is not composed of workhorses YOU WILL LOSE EVERY TIME. Ribo CANNOT perform at the hi level anymore. He is good for Greek games with smaller teams. That is it. But he will not accept that type of role. Especially not in Greece. You have many players that need to go and/or retire. Sollied is building a team. In my opinion, your defense is improved from last year where it was weak. Your MIDFIELD has gotten worse because your old guys want to play ev ery game and they do not have the endurance anymore.

Look at AEK. The coach plays almost everyone and gives chances to everyone. Some diamonds have surfaced out of almost nothing. Why? Not because AEK has great scouting. Because those guys are GIVEN the chance. It starts from the top. If your pres allows the coach to play his game and play who he wants, then the fans will accept it too. If not, chase away Sollied... he will go somewhere else, create a good team and then Oly fans will complain about why he couldnt do the same thing in Greece.... Its not brain surgury to figure out....

i have to agree with you again. sollied built decent teams in the past and i'm sure he could do the same thing at osfp. we just have to replace some of our players.

gk: i don't really see a problem there.

1st butina

2nd giannou or nikopolidis.

defence: we have to get one or two young greek players there. imo greek players would give more than foreigners on that spot.

rb: patsa, zewlakow

cb: cesar, anatolakis, kostoulas, kapsis (heads towards the end of his career too), new cb

lb: domi, new lb

midfield:

defensive: desperately in need of a new player, stoltidis (he can't do everything by himself), kafes (isn't performing that well)

offensive: two new players, except if ne starts showing the talent sollied talks about

left: castillo, decent sub

right: starting player, okkas, pappas as sub

offense:

konstantinou, borja and a new killer.

we should get some of the needed players already in winter, so that they can connect to the existing team already. then in summer we should get rid of:

bulut, ribo, djole (his time is over unfortunately), geo, maric, baba, lemmens, ouaddou (will be gone anyway), pantos, kostoulas or kapsis and okkas might leave too.

all these players are either overrated or don't perform as they should. with all their wages gone we would have about 6-7 mio euros left to get new players. kokkalis should realise that it isn't always the coaches fault if the team doesn't perform as he expects, when he gets the players he wants.

Sollied this, Sollied that....They say ignorance is abliass and some of you point that out on these forums.

Sollied has remade the reserves of this team. The team is ready for a new direction. Ribo needs to go. HE is still world class ability and like any top player EVER, wants to be a part of the team at all times. That being said, the team cannot support two old folks. Tzole or Ribo must go, and since Tzole has been there since the day Christ was born, I think he stays.

I like how Olypiakos is shaping up. I like the additions. The only thing I do not like is the lack of young Greek stars. I believe the fact that we are not conitnuing in Europe mightg be a good thing as maybe we can clean house in December. Let Okkas go and pursue a dream. Bring in 3-5 Greek ringers that can lay on the first team and go from there

i have said it from day one, OSFP is too old. and even though u guys make fun of AEK and PAO because u barely squeeze out a championship that is most definately tainted, at least AEK and PAO are young teams. u guys cant rely on pao and Aek to developp young players for you guys to sign when their contracts are up. and u cant always depend on gettin aging stars i.e ribo / giovanni. it is obvious that they, as far as our belittled league go. can produce but as far as european football, they do not bring what is needed to the table.. which is.. GUTS, BA||$ and determination.

thats it.

Well, one down...

Ouantou is released: http://sports.e-go.gr/article.asp?catid=82...=2&pubid=411561

As much as I would love to see your team unload all the players and bring back Alefantos, I hope some cool heads would prevail. There is a lot of talent on this team and should not be wasted.

If anything, the old management school bullies should be out the door (you know Theodoridis, Louvaris, etc) before players who have given their soul for the team, and a few old farts. Players like Rivaldo and Tzortzevitc you don't find every day. I am not talking about talent (even papas has plenty) but about leadership abilities.

What gets exposed in Europe are some major holes in midfield and fullback along with the "entitlement" attitude that goes along way in Greece, but does not fly abroad.

Personally, I think Solied is a good coach. He just seems a bit lost in our cultural exuberance :P

From his arrival I said he was the wrong man for the team. Oly needs a disciplinarian (as do all Greek teams), someone who will instill passion and build a backbone. It has to be someone who will sit the prima donas and not allow them to get lazy and big heads over scoring vs minnows in the Greek league. Sorry, but that will have to be a non-Greek so as to not have any previous ties to the Greek clubs.

Kokkalis has to decide whether he wants a team that will challenge in Europe or whether the Greek league titles is good enough.

I also blames the fans for the fanatic support and not demanding more from Kokkalis. If they continue to go to the games and if they have 'veto' power on players then Oly is condemned to winning in Greece but being embarassed in Europe.

you gavri were praising him when you won the giftwrapped double & now this??? :blink:

Guess whats more important, your giftwrapped double or the CL??? :LOL: ;)

i think hes a good coach & you wont improve from here on out coaching wise

you gavri were praising him when you won the giftwrapped double & now this??? :blink:

Guess whats more important, your giftwrapped double or the CL??? :LOL: ;)

i think hes a good coach & you wont improve from here on out coaching wise

with me coaching I can win the double 2. Thats how easy to win the greek league is

but he was supposed to make a european difference,

bring back bajevic

Releasing Ouaddou is stupid move!! Before the suicidal Valencia game he was excellent, maybe its just a confidence problem and need time and games. He's better than Kostoulas ffs!! If you dont want him at least transfer list him!!! This team is in disarray!

As for Sollied, wait til the end of the year. If Oly are playing good football and win the league then maybe he should get 1 more year.

Archived