Phantis Forums

Sollied

CH-Thrylos

CL games are more exciting for everyone we need to step up are game. If it means fireing Solied by all means go ahead Kokkalis

We need to get some youngsters that can move the ball forward..

This is kind of random but remember in all AEK's games how Sorentino threw the ball forward very quickly?

Dont you think we need to throw away Nikopolidis and get a goalie that doesnt fool around and actually gets the ball down field very quickly?

its just a thought :not:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Releasing Ouaddou is stupid move!! Before the suicidal Valencia game he was excellent, maybe its just a confidence problem and need time and games. He's better than Kostoulas ffs!! If you dont want him at least transfer list him!!! This team is in disarray!

As for Sollied, wait til the end of the year. If Oly are playing good football and win the league then maybe he should get 1 more year.

Ouaddou wanted to break his contract because he has problems with his wife and he sayed that he would like to stay but family comes first.As for the coach i agree with you that is not wise to let him go yet.Since Kokkalis decided to make drastic changes like not renew some old guys contracts and invest in some younger greek players according to newspapers(the same 3 names we hear the last 2-3 years plus more propably)let Sollied finish the year while make the arraingments to get the BIG coach that he wants.What we need is Bajevic back but i dont believe that will happen.

Ouaddou wanted to break his contract because he has problems with his wife and he sayed that he would like to stay but family comes first.

File mou, entaxi to katalaveno auto, but instead of releasing him, why not give him a 'leave of absence' for a few months. That way he gets to sort out his family issues but is still under contract. At the same time we could have transfer listed him.

Finally good news! :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Olympiakos set to fire Sollied

Trond Sollied's days with the Greek club are numbered as the Norwegian coach failed to accomplish what he was hired to do - give Olympiakos the extra push needed in their European endeavors. It is expected that Olympiakos will announce Sollied's release within the next few days.

PAE Olympiakos president Socrates Kokkalis is determined to make notable changes with his club and aside changing his coaching staff he is ready to start making team roster changes as well. Many players will be released from Olympiakos, as close as next month's January transfer window.

Kokkalis wants to bring in more Greek players, with the names of Vasilis Torosidis, Nikos Spiropoulos and Avraam Papadopoulos being mentioned in the Olympiakos rumor mill. Kokkalis wants to ensure that his club's average age goes down and that a new team is built to achieve their elusive European success.

Many new coaching names are seeing the light in the press nowadays but nothing confirmed from the Olympiakos management. The new coach is expected to take over the Olympiakos reigns during the Christmas break in order to prepare his new team for the second round of the Greek Super League.

Finally good news! :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Olympiakos set to fire Sollied

Trond Sollied's days with the Greek club are numbered as the Norwegian coach failed to accomplish what he was hired to do - give Olympiakos the extra push needed in their European endeavors. It is expected that Olympiakos will announce Sollied's release within the next few days.

PAE Olympiakos president Socrates Kokkalis is determined to make notable changes with his club and aside changing his coaching staff he is ready to start making team roster changes as well. Many players will be released from Olympiakos, as close as next month's January transfer window.

Kokkalis wants to bring in more Greek players, with the names of Vasilis Torosidis, Nikos Spiropoulos and Avraam Papadopoulos being mentioned in the Olympiakos rumor mill. Kokkalis wants to ensure that his club's average age goes down and that a new team is built to achieve their elusive European success.

Many new coaching names are seeing the light in the press nowadays but nothing confirmed from the Olympiakos management. The new coach is expected to take over the Olympiakos reigns during the Christmas break in order to prepare his new team for the second round of the Greek Super League.

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

finally some great news!!!!

i cant wait to see some new players :gr: :gr:

This is just another rumour out of thin air. You better wait for next week, because today the board of the club is expected totake some important decisions like the increase of the club's stock capital (if the term I'm using is correct).

Perhaps they need the increase for buying new players (not very likely).

So he is that bad, right?

(sfaliares pou 8elete...)

No he is not that bad. But you guys think that he was bad so your great president let him go because he couldn't make Oly a great team in Europe so he brings Solied and all of the Oly fans are "He is a great coach and he will make us a great team" Now that you guys finish in last place in CL everybody is saying for him to go. So like i said DUSAN BAJEVIC OEOEOEOEO :LOL: :LOL:

I think it's a mistake what Oly's management is doing these days. The team is ahead in the domestic league and this kind of internal crisis will definitely have an adverse effect on the team the rest of the season.

The problems with gavroi is not just Sollied, but go deeper, including Kokalis.... it's Kokalistan!

I suppose now it's too late to keep the team concentrated on getting another domestic title, so I expect things to fall apart really fast as the coach and many players don't have the confidence of the team's owners.

Ethnikisti and Athinaie, you are troublemakers.

There is only one coach creative enough to handle the current Olympiakos roster.

Man o man, if he could play with the current roster! He would never take Castillo out. He would put him left, he would put him right, he would put him center back. He would put Rivaldo in Nikopolidis' place hitting two birds with one stone: Rivaldo won't have to run as much, and Nikopolidis won't blunder as much...

His name: Alefandos. Bring him back I say. :tup: :tup: :tup:

Ouaddou wanted to break his contract because he has problems with his wife and he sayed that he would like to stay but family comes first.

File mou, entaxi to katalaveno auto, but instead of releasing him, why not give him a 'leave of absence' for a few months. That way he gets to sort out his family issues but is still under contract. At the same time we could have transfer listed him.
that already happen but still his wife has some psychological issues that is why he decided to go back to France.I agree with you about transfer him or get something but....

whoever the new coach may be, he may help you celebrate championships that come in a wrapped up package, but by next Christmas you'll be calling for his head too :gr:

We will see about wrapped up packages when we play you at OUR house b-i-t-c-h..

Ethnikisti and Athinaie, you are troublemakers.

There is only one coach creative enough to handle the current Olympiakos roster.

Man o man, if he could play with the current roster! He would never take Castillo out. He would put him left, he would put him right, he would put him center back. He would put Rivaldo in Nikopolidis' place hitting two birds with one stone: Rivaldo won't have to run as much, and Nikopolidis won't blunder as much...

His name: Alefandos. Bring him back I say. :tup: :tup: :tup:

:rolleyes: :D

easy now there is one b-i-t-c-h lately & thats o-s-f-p-p dont forget what happened at OAKA... :LOL:

How easy you forget ;)

gia pes mas what happened at oaka

we lost 1-0 in a boing game with an own goal.. you should ask yourself what has happend since 1995 whne u visit our stadium (including the 3-0) !

LOL

don t worry, kokkalis won t fire sollied!

first off sollied is good enough to win the tite with olympiakos and most importantly kokkalis doesnt want to spend money. if he fires sollied now he has to compensate him plus pay for a new coach. kokkalis has become somewhat of a tightpocket, 5 years ago sollied would have been fired months ago.

easy now there is one b-i-t-c-h lately & thats o-s-f-p-p dont forget what happened at OAKA... :LOL:

How easy you forget  ;)

gia pes mas what happened at oaka

we lost 1-0 in a boing game with an own goal.. you should ask yourself what has happend since 1995 whne u visit our stadium (including the 3-0) !

LOL

ask yourself what happened in this years CL in your red light district :LOL:

& at OAKA this year where your own team put you to sleep :LOL:

Olympiakos has played better soccer with Sollied. The problems have been the results.

Actually the same problem exists today as with Bajevic and I think that European teams are taking more and mroe advantage of it now.

Olypiakos is horrible in defensive set plays. I would say about 75% of the goals scored against them is like this. In reality, Sollied has not done a horrible job. Where the expectations higher? YES! But to me it is always a 3 year plan minimum. If results do not improve in next years Champions LEague then it might be time to can him.

Last point to make. If there is a constant revolving during coaching carousal, no big time coaches will want to come here.

lets not forget that osfp has a soccer friendly stadium whereas aek and pao r stuck in the damp, cold OAKA.

very similar to the expos playing at the big O. if there was a downtown stadium, there would have been 35 k + for every game.

and if u dont believe me that the stadium has an effect, look at the Alouettes. when they were @ the big O, they drew an average of 9 k. Now, in downtown MTL, at the Mcgill stadium, they sell out almost every game at full capacity of 22k.

when pao builds the new stadium, they will easily have the highest average in the greek league. its only normal. itll be the place to be. u know how greeks r. whatever is cool is what u do.

That also explains why there has been a growth of OSFP fans in recent years. Them being champions and all every year, its the cool thing to do.

And in case u havent noticed, being from montreal, there has been more and more AEK fans in the last 2 years. them being the underdog and all that, it causes fans to relate to them.

by the way PAOK-Atromitos 0-2 49th minute.

Archived