Phantis Forums

Sollied

CH-Thrylos

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olympiakos has played better soccer with Sollied. The problems have been the results.

In reality, Sollied has not done a horrible job. Where the expectations higher? YES! But to me it is always a 3 year plan minimum. If results do not improve in next years Champions LEague then it might be time to can him.

Last point to make. If there is a constant revolving during coaching carousal, no big time coaches will want to come here.

no coach ever got three years with olympiakos given these results. as i say five years ago, sollied would have been gone after the home defeat against rosenborg. but kokkalis has become a tightpocket...

better coaches than sollied didnt get time, i.e. katanec. i dont see why people back sollied. he sucks. if you dont want to spend mopney o.k. but dont act as if sollied is some kind of european super coach. nothing in his vita backs this claim.

sollied being fired has nothing to do with top coaches coming to greece.

katanec was a great coach, probably one of the better ones that have passed through OSFP's doors recently. although there for a sbort time, his product was readily seen in side the pitch, indeed the future was bright with katanec imo. unfortunately, things happen when you open your mouth and have a strong opinion of things under kokkalis' dictatorship. you get CUT.

:tdown:

katanec was a great coach, probably one of the better ones that have passed through OSFP's doors recently. although there for a sbort time, his product was readily seen in side the pitch, indeed the future was bright with katanec imo. unfortunately, things happen when you open your mouth and have a strong opinion of things under kokkalis' dictatorship. you get CUT.

What exactly did Katanec say?

What exactly did Katanec say?
Catanec claimed that Olympiacos shouldn't be obsessed with wining the league...

don t worry, kokkalis won t fire sollied!

first off sollied is good enough to win the tite with olympiakos and most importantly kokkalis doesnt want to spend money. if he fires sollied now he has to compensate him plus pay for a new coach. kokkalis has become somewhat of a tightpocket, 5 years ago sollied would have been fired months ago.

That is 100% true

Kokkalis wants to at least win the Greek league and Sollied still has a contract so if we save money now, We might be able to afford some new players during the winter and summer metagrafes season

don t worry, kokkalis won t fire sollied!

first off sollied is good enough to win the tite with olympiakos and most importantly kokkalis doesnt want to spend money. if he fires sollied now he has to compensate him plus pay for a  new coach. kokkalis has become somewhat of a tightpocket, 5 years ago sollied would have been fired months ago.

That is 100% true

Kokkalis wants to at least win the Greek league and Sollied still has a contract so if we save money now, We might be able to afford some new players during the winter and summer metagrafes season

dont understand why you keep looking to SAVE money, when you HAVE money...the eternal GREEK mistake.... you earn the big bucks from the CL...

So spend more, advance in the CL & get paid off ...

i dont think saving on Sollieds contract is the difference between signing decent players

ti epaggelmatias o lemonis e??? :box: :box: afinei mia omada pou eixe na xasei gia 5-6 agonistikes... nikise ton panionio gia to kipelo... kai tora tin parataei gia ton olympiako.. e re kati anthropoi pou yparxoun..

If Lemonis gets Sollied job,even only for the second half of the year it is a bad and stupid decision.Except Europe Sollied has managed to get results even when our team does not perform well.Let him finish the year and on the meantime get the ground ready for the new coach and replace him then.Why replace a coach that has your team at 1 place in the league?? <_<

If Lemonis gets Sollied job,even only for the second half of the year it is a bad and stupid decision.Except Europe Sollied has managed to get results even when our team does not perform well.Let him finish the year and on the meantime get the ground ready for the new coach and replace him then.Why replace a coach that has your team at 1 place in the league?? <_<

I agree!

I agree too. Lemonis is a very mediocre coach. It would be very stupid to fire Sollied now, that would unbalance the team and give more chances to Aek for winning the league (not counting Pao, they are already dead). It dosn't make sense to use him as a temporary solution, because he wouldn't be better than Sollied and (even if he was) he wouldn't have enough time to adapt himself.

If Kokkalis finally does what those rumours say (highly possible), I think it's time for him to quit the owenership of the team.

Lemonis got fired for the same reason Sollied is getting fired now,no succses in Europe.It makes no sense to me......they better get a big name for summer otherwise bring back Dusan :nw: and F..k gate7.

You guys will do good with Lemonis!!! :LOL: Just kidding. Being on the other side all this stuff that is going on with Oly and PAO can only make me smile. I think that will be a desaster for Oly to fire Solied now and get Lemonis just for 6 months and then go out and get another coach. By doing that you are confusing the players and they will never learn a tactic or anything else if you keep changing coaches like kokkalis changes his underwear!!! :LOL: So my point is Oly and Kokkalis needs to keep Solied at least untill the end of the year and STOP listenning to G7 because they where the ones that Bajevic fired after winning the double and getting 10 points in CL.......

Takis Lemonis?

Jesus, Olympiakos is a disgrace.

HAHAHA ive always said that ! :LOL:

i dont understand...Sollied IMO is the best coach OSFP has had for as long as I remember. Hes very intelligent, focused, and brought out Castillo into a super player.

So what theres no european sucess- THERE NEVER IS :P !

His team is too old, and some transfers were flops. Remember this summer when OSFP of all teams was winning frienlies 5-0/4-0/5-1 etc...sure friendlies but the way he handled preparations and challenging, getting the squad to play was impressive. All teams under all coaches go into bad streaks of form occasionally. Theyre going to fire him over this one? Under Sollied the team has worked pretty hard, and worked till the end and have managed to pull a lot of games out to win (Aigaleo, Aris, there are countless examples)

But hey you guys were complaining about not getting through a group where OSFP was not expected to go through, Roma, Valencia (far above OSFP) and Shaktar who is always strong.

This seems harsh to fire him, and a huge mistake I would at least let him finish the season and replace him at the end rather than risking the lead halfway through.....

but of course this is all seemingly good news for PAO fans :D

but of course this is all seemingly good news for PAO fans :D

No,this is good news for AEK fans,you guys never had,have or will have any hope of anything great.....it is the curse of Green Rabbit...... ;)

No,this is good news for AEK fans,you guys never had,have or will have any hope of anything great.....it is the curse of Green Rabbit...... ;)

no greek team has done anything great since PAOs European Final back in the 70s so dont jump the gun and point the finger buddy...

Archived