Phantis Forums

Sollied

CH-Thrylos

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's absolutely NOTHING WRONG with Sollied.

Just be patient, there's no way that this guy is going to come in completely CHANGE the squad from top-to-bottom..

It takes time, and especially when you're playing Europe...

Solied is here to stay and I wouldn't want to see it any other way.

The only thing that needs to change here is that the "Style" of soccer that we're playing needs to change...

Guys,

Not sure if anyone heard the "pre-match" interview with Sollied against Roma ...(You can read it on UEFA.com) ...but ...he was quoted as saying " seeing that it is my son's birthday ...it might be a good omen ... and sometimes you need a little luck ! " ...........what an un-proffesional remark ! ... Talk about someone not having full confidence in the ability of his players but looking to the stars to guide him ! .... If I was president and heard him saying that I would have got rid of him before the game ! .....but ...then came the classic ! ....he left it for the after match interview ...he sais ..... "the greek league is not strong enough ! ...you cant compare it to the Siera A " ! ..... Then what are you doing idiot ! ??? Trying to take a team somewhere "hoping" that they will match it with the best when you yourself think they are "inferior ?" .... What a load of rubbish ! ... Dusan Bajevic had no problem getting olympiakos to the final eight (or four) against Juve. Dusko had an 80% greek team except for Djordjevic and Gogic (Who is classed as Cypriot) ! ..... I bet you if Dusko was here we would be fine ! ......

Greece has to stop picking up 2nd rate coaches ! ... If they cant get premium coaches due to the fact that that wont come as it is not a " popular league " ...go and pick up the feet of a top coach that needs to find his feet again like - Vanderlei Luxembourgo etc .... some one that has come off bad with a big club but who really still has it ! ... e.g Rivaldo ! .....

manos, keep thinking as you do but isolating selected events won't strengthen your arguments. nor insulting will do. In my book you are a typical gate 7 sheep so I'm not interested in talking you anymore.

Dipapa,

My apologies for insulting you, I suppose that's because I said you don't understand what you are talking about. I just assumed that since you were calling me blind and you were asking me to think twice before saying my opinion it would be OK for me to use the same tone. Obviously I was wrong...

I am not going to be insulted by you calling me a sheep nor I will reply to it, because I know you will isolate it and take it out of context.

It seems to me you have very strong opinions, which you cannot support with arguments of any type. If somebody challenges your view you don't really argue about it but you resort to calling them sheep or blind without offering a single explanation as to why you are right and they are wrong. That's why I said that you don't understand what you are talking about, and that's why I say that you must be living in a bubble.

Your views are typical of football fans that buy their club's spin. Traditionally AEK fans are typical of this (e.g. all the young talent stories they seem to be focusing on at the moment), sometimes PAO fans fall into this (e.g. the five year plan Tzigger and Malezani were talking about). Fewer Olympiakos fans make the same mistake and you are one of them.

The truth is that Olympiakos are doing worse than they should be doing given their income and huge support base. Olympiakos have the income of an average English club, an above average Spanish, Italian or German club and a top Portuguese, French club; our European record doesn’t match any of them. PAO’s occasional success in Europe is not a miracle, it’s just the realisation of their chances given their team’s potential. This has never happened with us, although in terms of both income and support base we are bigger than PAO.

Asking people to support an average coach that filled up a squad with average, low cost players doesn’t make much sense. When a coach is given a year and a half to build a team he should be able to deliver something. At the moment we haven’t got any results, our team doesn’t play good football and we don’t seem to have any potential to improve. That’s why I think Sollied hasn’t delivered and he should go, even if that means we run the risk of not winning the league. My opinion is that we need to take this risk if we want to have any possibility of being competitive in Europe next year.

You seem to have a lot of negative views about things very central to Olympiakos’ history. Let me just remind you that Gate 7 is a very sensitive issue for Olympiakos fans. I would suggest that you think a bit more about what you are saying, nobody forces you to be an Olympiakos supporter, but if you are one you should just have a bit of respect for Gate 7 and its history.

I know you said that you wouldn’t talk to me; if you are tempted to reply please don’t.

i don't think that dipapa wanted to offend anybody with the stuff about thyra 7, and for sure wasn't referring to the victims.

but nowadays, most of the supporters belonging to thyra 7 fan club, are brainless idiots who just follow everything that tsoukalam#$%!s and his stoned gang are saying.

what is the difference between most of the big teams and the greek teams?

- trust in their coach

- good scouting network

- good youth programs

- buying also players who still have a contract with another team :angry:

- discipline

- constant renewal of the existing squad

- players that are professional and don't play the coach :angry:

sollied was successfull with all the teams he coached. do you think this changed suddenly and he forgot everything? do all of you who are talking about our "saint-dusan" think he would do so much better? i agree that the football we are playing atm is really bad. but have you forgotten with how many problems this season started?

against roma it was the first time our coach could use the players he wanted. and some of them jsut came back from an inury. honestly i wouldn't have started djole. i would have put castillo on the left and okkas on the right. but imagine that happening. today most papers even critisise our captain. but what would have been written if sollied would have let another holy cow of our team on the bench.

face it guys. it is time for a change. and this isn't sollieds fault. we might have gotten some young players the last two seasons, but to keep a team strong and competitive these changes have to be done all the time. but who have we gotten? since 2000 we have made more than 60 transfers valued at about 23.5 mio euros. in six years!! so it is abut 4 mio a season. do you really think that with a transfer budget like that you are ready to compete in europe?! forget that... the only teams who manage to do well with a budget like that are the ones with a philosphy "we have nothing to lose" and not the ones like osfp, pao and aek where the coach and the team has to go out and comment every draw in europe with overconfidence. instead of always talking to the media they should just shut up and do their job, which isn't talking to the media...

i could go on and on, but all i really want to say is that sollied must stay. period.

correct me if i'm wrong, but wasnt sollied brought in to help you in the CL??? :blink:

hasnt he done less than the previous coaches????

dont get me wrong he's your best coach since Dushbagevits, but statistically he no better than Lemounis... & a loss to PAO away from his exit

correct me if i'm wrong, but wasnt sollied brought in to help you in the CL??? :blink:

correct me if I im wrong but didnt skazni.. melitzana.. bake.. all promise you titles and you have yet to get any ?

what happened to "we will win uefa" after you signed melitzana because he had won the uefa with parma ?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

After the initial sickness of losing to Roma I can see with a clearer view. I think it would be a mistake to sack Sollied. Our defence looked solid for once against Roma, even if we did concede that 1 goal. Going forward the players just weren't themselves. If we make it into the UEFA Cup and win it everyone will want him to stay! He has shown significant enough strides to suggest we can do well. We haven't been battered by anyone. We quite easily could have had 5 or even 7 points now with the way the games have gone. I'd give Sollied one more year, let him instill his philosophy and tactics fully, then if he doesn't perform he has to go. Dont forget he lost Yaya then failed to get Ze Roberto so he really had huge damage to his plans from the beginning. Give him until Christmas 2007 and see if he can progress us. After all, the worst thing that could happen is to end up like PAO and change manager like Anna Nicole Smith changes husbands! That will bring instability and threaten our dominance in Greece. 1 more year guys.

any coach who was at our team was named a looser when he didn't achieve the results bajevics team did 8 years ago. question: are all these coaches to blame over all these years or is there another reason why our team doesn't perform?

sollied brought in quite a lot of new players, but as i said earlier, a lot of them got injured in between and our team couldn't really learn how to play together through official matches. i really liked the first half against roma and apart from the match deciding goal our defence looked solid. even though this wasn't neccessary in the past, when we played at home.

maybe sollied gave too much weight working on our defence and the injuries disturbed his planning for the season, but if our midfield isn't able to really organise the match and make a nice attack it isn't really his fault. the system maybe, but it has worked in the past too, so i don't accept ribos attack on sollied. ribo played on the position he wants to play, but he didn't look to be reall in form. he should first look at himself and then attack the coach.

Your views are typical of football fans that buy their club's spin. Traditionally AEK fans are typical of this (e.g. all the young talent stories they seem to be focusing on at the moment), sometimes PAO fans fall into this (e.g. the five year plan Tzigger and Malezani were talking about). Fewer Olympiakos fans make the same mistake and you are one of them.

before you rip on aektzhdes, i'd like to remind you of your statement in your 1st post of this thread, that: 'georgatos knows tactical football or that he plays tactically sound football'. something of that nature. i may later edit this post to quote you.

you surely remember this, since you claim you were around even before this for your fond ajax memories: your biggest chance for euro glory, the 2nd leg against a weak juve and you failed. your tactical genius georgatos, 30 yards up field and totally out of position on olympiakos' left side, where on that left side, birindelli of juve collects a rampula ball and crosses...and we all know the rest of the story.

when a side is up on away goals and some 5 minutes remain in the match, a defender has no business being where georgatos was. one of the reasons georgatos was chased out of italy and inter, along with being fat and lazy and unwilling to train hard.

have a coffee or 2 with gaupoi..for sure the highest percentage of football idiots i've ever met. all of the glory of the saboupa greek league in combination with your european pezili, leave your brains paralyzed.

No intention to offend AEK fans, just think they are a bit oversupportive of their administration at the moment; maybe that's the right thing to do, not for me to say...

As for the rest I don't think you really care and therefore I don't think your opinion really matters.

correct me if I im wrong but didnt skazni.. melitzana.. bake.. all promise you titles and you have yet to get any ?

what happened to "we will win uefa" after you signed melitzana because he had won the uefa with parma ?

once again we're talking about Sollied & osfpp... How did PAO come into your brain??? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

FIRE SOLLIED GAVRI.........

this coming from a PAO fan you know that this would be a wrong decision

After the initial sickness of losing to Roma I can see with a clearer view. I think it would be a mistake to sack Sollied. Our defence looked solid for once against Roma, even if we did concede that 1 goal. Going forward the players just weren't themselves. If we make it into the UEFA Cup and win it everyone will want him to stay! I'd give Sollied one more year, let him instill his philosophy and tactics fully, then if he doesn't perform he has to go.

i dont say you should fire sollied but i have to disagree to some degree...

1. the defence looked solid simply because roma had max. one striker on the pitch. also roma as most italian teams comes to get maximum results with minimal play. they were missing 4 basikoi. they played for the draw and got even more. we will see how solid the defence is in the away game. i agree though that cesar and anatolakis seem a worthy backline...

2. IF you make it to the uefa. thats far from sure. talking about winning it, is a bit early....

He has shown significant enough strides to suggest we can do well. We haven't been battered by anyone. We quite easily could have had 5 or even 7 points now with the way the games have gone.

where do you see these strides??? to be perfectly honesthe has yet to prove he is on bajevic level. bajevic with a by comparison far worse olympiakos got 10 pts! his defense was kostoulas and schurrer, right back was pantos, no patsa, zewlakow. no konstantinou just old giovanni who never performed.

greek teams could have always achieved more points. i have seen weaker thrylos teams play great football and get no points i.e. against juventus 2003. sollied managed to break olympiakos home dominance. he caused the biggest blamage ever with the rosenborg loss. if it would have been bajevic everybody would bash him to the fullest...now you believe sollied may be up to something, when nothing in his vita suggests he has a plan. has the toure metagraphi made such a big impression on you guys?? apart from that sollied has yet to make a great move...

That will bring instability and threaten our dominance in Greece. 1 more year guys

your dominace should be over very soon unless you make some 20 metagraphes next season. the core of your team is too old. and i dont really see any future except for castillo...

@aek66: very good observation on the gavroi fans...

@manos: the article you posted is very good.

once again we're talking about Sollied & osfpp... How did PAO come into your brain??? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

FIRE SOLLIED GAVRI.........

this coming from a PAO fan you know that this would be a wrong decision

if u continue this.. i will ban u from posting here.. last warning

before you rip on aektzhdes, i'd like to remind you of your statement in your 1st post of this thread, that: 'georgatos knows tactical football or that he plays tactically sound football'. something of that nature. i may later edit this post to quote you.

you surely remember this, since you claim you were around even before this for your fond ajax memories: your biggest chance for euro glory, the 2nd leg against a weak juve and you failed. your tactical genius georgatos, 30 yards up field and totally out of position on olympiakos' left side, where on that left side, birindelli of juve collects a rampula ball and crosses...and we all know the rest of the story.

when a side is up on away goals and some 5 minutes remain in the match, a defender has no business being where georgatos was. one of the reasons georgatos was chased out of italy and inter, along with being fat and lazy and unwilling to train hard.

have a coffee or 2 with gaupoi..for sure the highest percentage of football idiots i've ever met. all of the glory of the saboupa greek league in combination with your european pezili, leave your brains paralyzed.

Even the greatest players make mistakes. Georgatos is a great tactician, and as for being chased out of Italy that isnt exactly true. He was hugely popular in most quarters. Hence having 2 spells at Inter! Fachetti, who is arguably the greatest left-back ever said that Georgatos was the most talented full-back Inter had had since himself! :D The reason Georgatos left Italy was largely due to his home-sickness, he would go back to Greece every week to have a Frappe! :LOL: This was obviously unacceptable and the reason he caused huge discontent among the management... but to say Georgatos isn't technically excellent or that he failed in Italy is ridiculous.

1. the defence looked solid simply because roma had max. one striker on the pitch. also roma as most italian teams comes to get maximum results with minimal play. they were missing 4 basikoi. they played for the draw and got even more. we will see how solid the defence is in the away game. i agree though that cesar and anatolakis seem a worthy backline...

I agree. Roma play without a striker so its tough to know how our defence coped, but on the two occasions they played Inter this season (lost 4-3 and 1-0) they caused their defence a wealth of problems so its not like they aren't capable of tearing defences apart. I agree though the real test will be away, having said that it was still the best defensive performance I've seen us make in the CL for some time.

2. IF you make it to the uefa. thats far from sure. talking about winning it, is a bit early....

I know that, I'm merely saying that Greek fans tend change their loyalty like the wind, IF we make it to the UEFA and go well everyone will love him again. I'm just making the point that we shouldnt end up like PAO.

where do you see these strides??? to be perfectly honesthe has yet to prove he is on bajevic level. bajevic with a by comparison far worse olympiakos got 10 pts! his defense was kostoulas and schurrer, right back was pantos, no patsa, zewlakow. no konstantinou just old giovanni who never performed.

I agree that he hasnt acheived what Bajevic has, nonetheless, there have been strides. Away from home we have looked better since Sollied's arrival, we play with more pace and he has taken on a new philosophy. He has also been the first to tame Castillo and bring out his talent. He has a LONG way to go and A LOT to prove, but I have faith in managers. They're job is hard and success takes time. I haven't been hostile to Otto for example and now he seems to be getting it right, I didnt want Bajevic to go in the first place, etc.

your dominace should be over very soon unless you make some 20 metagraphes next season. the core of your team is too old. and i dont really see any future except for castillo...

This team will still be dominant in Greece for another 5 years in Greece and if you think PAO or AEK will break the dominance than I'm afraid I dont see how. Rivaldo's last season, and Djole is losing pace... who else? Georgatos? Domi will step in. Anatolaki? Ouaddou will step in. Stoltidis? A signing is needed here. But there is still enough to dominate what is a poor league!

I agree. Roma play without a striker so its tough to know how our defence coped, but on the two occasions they played Inter this season (lost 4-3 and 1-0) they caused their defence a wealth of problems so its not like they aren't capable of tearing defences apart. I agree though the real test will be away, having said that it was still the best defensive performance I've seen us make in the CL for some time.

I know that, I'm merely saying that Greek fans tend change their loyalty like the wind, IF we make it to the UEFA and go well everyone will love him again. I'm just making the point that we shouldnt end up like PAO.

I agree that he hasnt acheived what Bajevic has, nonetheless, there have been strides. Away from home we have looked better since Sollied's arrival, we play with more pace and he has taken on a new philosophy. He has also been the first to tame Castillo and bring out his talent. He has a LONG way to go and A LOT to prove, but I have faith in managers. They're job is hard and success takes time. I haven't been hostile to Otto for example and now he seems to be getting it right, I didnt want Bajevic to go in the first place, etc.

This team will still be dominant in Greece for another 5 years in Greece and if you think PAO or AEK will break the dominance than I'm afraid I dont see how. Rivaldo's last season, and Djole is losing pace... who else? Georgatos? Domi will step in. Anatolaki? Ouaddou will step in. Stoltidis? A signing is needed here. But there is still enough to dominate what is a poor league!

Well Put Sir exeis dikio

Our team is old and we need some metagraphes but we should look at the present for now . Hopefully we make UEFA by beating shaktar at home

greek teams could have always achieved more points. i have seen weaker thrylos teams play great football and get no points i.e. against juventus 2003. sollied managed to break olympiakos home dominance. he caused the biggest blamage ever with the rosenborg loss. if it would have been bajevic everybody would bash him to the fullest...now you believe sollied may be up to something, when nothing in his vita suggests he has a plan. has the toure metagraphi made such a big impression on you guys?? apart from that sollied has yet to make a great move...

you are right in some points, but imo we also shouldn't forget the fact that big changes lie in front of osfp. the season bajevic got 10 points our stars were still in their prime, more or less. djole was running up and down like a fool and ribo did his magic. they are still good, but some details are just missing now and that makes a huge difference on international level. now they are just too old. they haven't got the explosiveness anymore.

additionally i also believe that it makes a difference if you have a team playing together for years or if you have several new players coming to the team, intended to start but being put back through injuries several times. we can see it also with pao and aek right now. all three teams are making big changes right now, building new teams and it just takes a certain time till the players find their way. they all have good squads right now, probably the best for years, but they haven't found their way yet. because of that stupid mistakes happen and points are lost.

our team will change completely next season with three big names missing, i mean, don't you think that arsenal e.g. would look different if henry, ljungberg and gallas would stop playing or get too old? but the difference there is that these teams have the money to get their replacements soon enough. i don't see us getting a new ribo, djole, geo soon. sollied is getting some talents now and he needs to form a team. but unfortunately in greece you aren't allowed to risk something in a league match to let these players get some experience.

if you geys fire this guy... it'll be a long time before you get a quality coach... But from a PAO fan standpoint, fire him

why should we fire him... to go through 5 coaches in 2 years like u guys did ?

whats the point of firing him now... we will still win the greek league with or without him , why get a new coach.what will the new coach do in 3 games left on th C.L to get us to 2nd place?

Kepp him till then end then we see !

whats the point of firing him now... we will still win the greek league with or without him , why get a new coach.what will the new coach do in 3 games left on th C.L to get us to 2nd place?

firing him is something thats going on in the minds of gate7....

statistically gate7 is saying that sollied hasnt done anything more than a LeMounis...

personally, it'll be great to see you guys in utter dissaray

professionally it would be the wrong decision

whats the point of firing him now... we will still win the greek league with or without him ,  why get a new coach.what will the new coach do in 3 games left on th C.L to get us to 2nd place?

firing him is something thats going on in the minds of gate7....

statistically gate7 is saying that sollied hasnt done anything more than a LeMounis...

personally, it'll be great to see you guys in utter dissaray

professionally it would be the wrong decision

i dont belong to gate 7 so screw them

i would not fire him.. theres nobody competent to coach the greek league and your team should know that first hand so theres no point i firing him now,,

bajevic was the best coach we ever had !

Archived