Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

I think the owner of the site let his ownership of the domain lapse, either because he was lazy and it had started to turn into Lord of the Flies in there... or because he sold it? Or some combination of the two?

• Like it 1

The owner of the site accomplished his goal, which was a creation of an Olympiakos Academy here in Chicago with backing from PAE Olympiakos. Once that was accomplished he has lost interest in running Greeksoccer.com. He tried to sell the domain, but apparently nobody showed any interest. Of interest is the fact that Greeksoccer.com in the beginning was hosted here at Phantis.com

• Like it 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess because we were complacent and just assumed we'd be fine.  Basically we were unprepared.  I also think other leagues we'd consider weaker than us have become stronger over the years and the gap in quality isn't as big as it used to be.  Will we learn a lesson ?  I doubt it.

Every Greek team except for Olympiakos has been eliminated this season.  Let that sink in.  And the only reason Olympiakos is still in Europe is because they keep getting a chance by dropping to a lower competition.  The worrying thing is for the most part, our teams have been beaten convincingly.  Have we become complacent ?  I can only assume so.  Do I expect changes to rectify the situation.  Hell no, this is Greece. 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Did not see it but reminds of the 1999 CL Final. Bayern leading 1-0. Beckenbauer descending to hand out the cup and as he arrives on the pitch the winners cry and the losers celebrate. United did the impossible/unthinkable.

• Like it 1

On 6/20/2022 at 2:31 PM, Blackhawk said:

The owner of the site accomplished his goal, which was a creation of an Olympiakos Academy here in Chicago with backing from PAE Olympiakos. Once that was accomplished he has lost interest in running Greeksoccer.com. He tried to sell the domain, but apparently nobody showed any interest. Of interest is the fact that Greeksoccer.com in the beginning was hosted here at Phantis.com

He was and perhaps still is, asking for a large sum to give it up.

GS.COM also shut down because, at the time, the Olympiakakia running it were totally out of control and reason, it was super frustrating time, I was begging for Kosma to get involved and bring some reason but as you said, he had lost interest by then and Atillio and his goones drove the site to closure. 

• Like it 1

7 hours ago, Alphonse said:

... and Atillio and his goones drove the site to closure. 

They were some crazy kids!  Real messed up mofos!  Your post reminded me they had a site they created when they left but it appears to no longer be around.

16 hours ago, Bananas said:

They were some crazy kids!  Real messed up mofos!  Your post reminded me they had a site they created when they left but it appears to no longer be around.

The one where one guy would create fake accounts under names of the PAO guys and some others and would post bullishit personal things about people... that site no longer exists

8 hours ago, Soprano76 said:

I’m assuming one of those guys is running the Hellas football forum now? 

There was also another site, Olympiacos World, that has also shut down I think. 

Hellas Football is run by a guy outside of the wierdos. Didn't know Oly World closed down, that was their new home but its been many years since I had last seen it, karma

Yep, then you have the ones that are totally normal in person but put a keyboard in front of them, a username and they become an ultra hardcore keyboard warrior, seen come classic s%$#! in my time

Edited by Alphonse
  • Like it 1

5 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Yep, then you have the ones that are totally normal in person but put a keyboard in front of them, a username and they become an ultra hardcore keyboard warrior, seen come classic s%$#! in my time

we have one of those in here. would you mind taking him off our hands?

• Like it 3
  • Haha 2

With the summer transfer period almost done. 

I am genuinely are curious about how you all feel about our GSL competitors signings and squds going into the 2022/2023 season? 

My viewpoints are: 

Olympiacos: poor transfer period with alot of dead wood. 

Panathinaikos: did very well overall squad is stronger than last year. If Magnusson & Bernard find their feet I dont see why they cannot be tittle contenders. They have the best coach in Greece. 

AEK: for me they are favourites to win the league, solid transfers in Pineda, Gacinovic. Lets see how Almeida goes, this will be key for them..

Worms: their last signing the CB seems to be their best! But overall their squad is way better than last year. If they kept Sungren id have them as tittle favourites.. Bourgos and Karipidis are too crazy for them to make a tittle charhe though, lets see though

Edited by PAOKSYD