Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

3 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Good stuff. In regards to Sokratis i heard him say he would retire after this euro but I don't see him walking away just yet. I think he will want to go out on better terms and not the way everything has gone down recently. He is still very useful and I watched him today with Arsenal his defending was solid and he scored a goal and another that was taken away by VAR. If he is committed and wants to be a team player for the Ethniki than I think JVS should not rule out using him. He is getting up there in years but the key is to have him help us qualify for the WCUP and then will see if he can help us should we make it to Qatar. 

Yes that makes sense. He can still be useful as he is a very aggressive defender and seems to care about Greece. I like him as a player but I think it’s time to move on for the better of the team and it’s future. I’m just trying to think ahead in terms of the younger players and give them a good amount of experience by the time World Cup comes around. Manolas can still be an option as he is 28 and probably has similar experience to Sokratis playing in a higher level like champions league. 

If Sokratis was to stay on than Siovas would have to be dropped. No point having 2 players over 30 in the team. I personally don’t mind Siovas I think he brings composure and great positioning. Also Hatzidiakos has played well recently and deserves a spot in the team. Also Retsos and Mavropanos are young and have good potential. Hopefully they stay injury free and get into good form as they are the future of the team.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pirated Pirates:                                                                               4 3 3                                                              Rockafella Skank (scores)

You dudes are really asking for it. What does Greece havE? Good defence. How we gonna line up? Karnezis Torosidis - Siovas - Manolas - Sokratis - Retsos - Papadopoulos - Tzavellas - Staf

Lamprou just keep scoring at every match. He isdefinately ready. Chatzigiovanis and Bouzoukis I want to see more of them with a more decent team to decide. Limnios is ready for sure. Id like to see

This is around the time,where Grammenos and other senior EPO officials must educate Schippo about bringing on the right players for the right reasons late in matches. Firstly, he could suggest Markarian's style clanger when he brought on Tzioli$ late in the match for a red hot Fortounis, chasing the match with a chance to level it, a couple of years ago. 

Pavlidis

Donis Fortounis Fetfa/Limnios

Zeca Kourbelis

Tsimikas Sok Manolas ???

Vlacho

I'd probably want to see this now. I actually rate Bakakis since he's engine but if Retsos gets form he's a class above. I also really like Limnios on the wings. We look so much better with proper wingers not CAM playing as wings like Mantalos/Bakasetas.

M

4 hours ago, georgelaz said:

Pavlidis

Donis Fortounis Fetfa/Limnios

Zeca Kourbelis

Tsimikas Sok Manolas ???

Vlacho

I'd probably want to see this now. I actually rate Bakakis since he's engine but if Retsos gets form he's a class above. I also really like Limnios on the wings. We look so much better with proper wingers not CAM playing as wings like Mantalos/Bakasetas.

M

Who is your captain Lazo?

Sokratis would be the captain because he is the most commanding out of everyone and the most experienced. I was thinking to put Mantalos in the line up and have him as the captain. Leads by example and can play with anyone. 

Manolas, Mitroglou, Samaris, Masouras and etc, are not really captains. Either is Fetfa and Donis. Fortounis I think was put as captain at Olympiakos because he leads by example and is always scoring and assisting in the league. 

I don’t think we need both Zeca and Kourbelis in the same line up. Unless we play stronger opposition. Then we should play them. Galanopoulos should be given more game time. Also I’m not totally sold on Bouchalakis being a starter yet but I’m willing to give him more chances. 

As it stands Kourbelis seems like a definite starter now.

Also apparently Vasiliadis and Kiomourtzoglou will get called up. AEK are also trying to sign the latter. I really would like to see what they bring to the team. They are both German born and have developed in Germany. They could surpass our current midfielders and become starters for the NT. We’ll see what happens.

• Like it 1

I think it’s fair to say most of us on here have some optimism after the team played two very good games against one great team and one good team..I also think it’s fair to say it’s not a surprise we played our best games without Manolas and Socrates which indicates me there mind set is a problem for the NT.. What happens now if we play our next two games like s%$#! does that mean the small sample size was just luck and we are back at square one when we thought we were headed in the right direction? I will be very disappointed and discouraged if we don’t come out and dominate in our last two games and get 6 points.. Hopefully JVS philosophy will keep working and keep making the team better and better each game as we prepare for a very difficult World Cup qualifications..  Let’s just hope JVS and the team can take it to the next level and this wasn’t just a one off that we played so well.

• Like it 1
4 hours ago, J1078 said:

I think it’s fair to say most of us on here have some optimism after the team played two very good games against one great team and one good team..I also think it’s fair to say it’s not a surprise we played our best games without Manolas and Socrates which indicates me there mind set is a problem for the NT.. What happens now if we play our next two games like s%$#! does that mean the small sample size was just luck and we are back at square one when we thought we were headed in the right direction? I will be very disappointed and discouraged if we don’t come out and dominate in our last two games and get 6 points.. Hopefully JVS philosophy will keep working and keep making the team better and better each game as we prepare for a very difficult World Cup qualifications..  Let’s just hope JVS and the team can take it to the next level and this wasn’t just a one off that we played so well.

I think everyone is thinking the same way. We have to continue our good momentum. If we don’t get to the next level than I hope we at least play the same way we did against Bosnia going forward. Lots of positives in that game. Question is who will get the call up? 

To me Hatzidiakos, Limnios, Galanopoulos and Pavlidis all did well. They should be playing again. Kourbelis has a place now in midfield. I do question if under pressure how he would do but nonetheless he deserves a starting spot. 

• Like it 1

Squad for the matches against Armenia and Finland announced, as expect Vasiliadis called up for the first time. Mavrias has also been recalled. No Sokratis and Manolas again, which JVS had mentioned would happen. 

Μπάρκας, Βλαχοδήμος, Πασχαλάκης, Μπακάκης, Γιαννούλης, Σιόβας, Τσιμίκας, Κούτρης, Σταφυλίδης, Μαυρίας, Χατζηδιάκος, Λαμπρόπουλος, Κουρμπέλης, Ζέκα, Μπουχάλακης, Βασιλειάδης, Γαλανόπουλος, Μάνταλος, Κουλούρης, Μπακασέτας, Παυλίδης, Δώνης, Λημνιός, Φετφατζίδης, Μασούρας.

• Like it 2
12 hours ago, Dean97 said:

The team is more or less the same. I was waiting to see new untested names. It doesn’t matter now hopefully this is a winning team. 

You don’t want to change to much after our last 2 games which were arguably our best two games in years. You want to stick with a similar line up with the exception of a few and see if we can build on those games and continue forward.. I like the call ups. 

• Like it 2