1. 1. who will win it all?

• France in regulation time
    • France in ET/penalties
    • Italy in regualtion time
    • Italy in ET/penalties

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIFA World Cup 2006 has been the most disappointing World Cup ever, even surpassing the 1990 World Cup.. All the teams playing attacking football were eliminated and the hopes were down to Portugal who lost on a somewhat unconvincing penalty to France. In my opinion, this final is the candidate for the boringest World Cup Final ever..

Leaving the chatting aside, who do you think will win the World Cup Final?

France has beaten Italy the last 3 times and Italy won once:

WC 1978 - division play Italy-France 2-1

WC 1986 - 2nd round France-Italy 2-0

WC 1998 - quarterfinals Italy-France 0-0 (France in penalties 4-3)

Euro 2000 final - France-Italy 2-1 (a.e.t)

Hmm, I think Italy. Better defense and offense. More depth than France. But then again it if it ends up in penalty kicks I see France winning it.

id agree....france didnt look dangerous the last 2 games...only Ribery/Malouda have really impressed.....Italy have made chances and defense has shut out more threatening offensive teams and i would be shocked to see it beat by France....but this is a final anythign goes..

in penalties i really think Italy would finally win themt.... I never understood what coaches see in Barthez..

I never understood what coaches see in Barthez..

his bald hair attracts them.. :P

I really don't care who wins this.. Just like this year's Tour de France as there's no Lance, Ulrrich or Mayo.. I haven't even voted and I don't think I will. It's the sort of game that will not get a goal until morningtime.. one goal will win it.. France has a recent history of moroning Italy but as it is a final, anyhting can happen..

Some of the great players from both countries are retiring from the World Cup.

FRANCE

Zinedine Zidane

Fabien Barthez

Lillian Thurham

ITALY

Alessandero Del Piero

Fillipo Inzaghi

Who do you think wants it more? :whistle:

no offense to you but the saying "who wants it more" is a really stupid american cliche...

this is the world cup -----and the final no less. EVERYBODY WANTS IT PRETTY DAMN BAD.

Im tired about hearing about Zidanes last match etc etc......enough already there is no nostalgia. Remember the guy already retired once. Other than Brazil he has not been that great worth winning palyer of the tournament...

as for match Italy should win. Africance have not been able to make too many chances against past opponents and Italys defense is way stronger....I highly doubt a gift like THIS will happen again with this defense :LOL:

http://www.contra.gr/Columns/Paparazzi/123962.html

Roberto Carlos.....what the hell was he thinking...

but in a final anything happens and past form is pretty much irrelevant...who knows this might even be full of goals.....

FORZA ITALIA - they deserve it!

FORZA FORZA FORZA!

what a bad final....

Italy gave their worst performance of the tournament from 2nd half - on, France couldnt do anything to take advantage not even make more than one decent chance...neither team deserved to win that game. But italy got some luck in the shootout and luck expires for france-africa who received 4 consecutive gift goals over the playoffs....

but after seeing France insult the game on the field, and selecting a team with hardly any Frenchmen, leaving great players that deserve to be there like Giuly, Coupet out im glad not to see them with the cup. Italy played as a team using everybody and played fair and solid defense over the tournament so they deserve it..

Zidane......what a disgrace. I hope we never see that peice of trash in international competition again.

EEE, OOO, VGALE TH FANELA SOU KAI

FYGE APO 'DW!!!!!

to quote ERT: h italia einai prota8lhtria europhs!!!! :LOL:

Forget offensive football, defensive football, etc. LUCKY football wins the world cup.

France was the better team, they outplayed Italy with 11 men, with 10 men, and I believe even with 9 men they still would play better than Italy. I think France made the mistake of not putting an extra striker in the box. There were a few times when a low cross was or could have been sent in, but no one was there to

receive it. Italy was just hoping the game would go into penalites, they were drained of energy at the end. Whatever, the best team does not always win, so CONGRATULATIONS ITALIA!

What was up with Zidane and his "chestbut". :LOL: I have to admit I laughed pretty hard. It had to be one of the most bizare actions by any player in a world cup final, especially by such a legendary figure.

Trezeguet, a little bit softer. You are so close to the goal, there is no need to blast the ball at full strength. Unfortunately for him, that is a moment he will never forget for the rest of his life.

Ellada, get out your rabbits feet, four leaf clovers, and lucky charms because there is a new trend in successfull football. :P

Forget offensive football, defensive football, etc. LUCKY football wins the world cup.

thats the nature of the game.....luck is everywhere you just need to make opportunities for luck to happen...

i dont agree about France better with 10 men......they were both so exausted neither was doing anything.... Italy was bad but France was just as bad...so when 2 teams are s%$#! it goes to penalties.

@Laz

Zidane was great yes. Today, he was a disgrace. A headbutt- in the sternum. This world cup aside from Brazil he hant been impressive like his old self. Congrats to him on closing a great career like a m#$%!s. People dream of being in his position, people idolize him and he goes and plays a tough guy....Marco should beaten the living s%$#! out of him after the match but when your World Champions you can be more forgiving.....

As for the best Ill see......dont know about you, but Ronaldinho has a long career ahead and nearly has all Zidane has won...

as for your stupid brother explain to him buoyancy then he will understand....I dont understand your nasty comments for a team that won fair and square and have shown the one of the best defensive performance in a long time. Italy overcame a lot of s%$#! to perform well and although the final was a bust the rest of the tournament they were the better team, better on offense, better on defense.

Archived