1. 1. who will win it all?

• France in regulation time
    • France in ET/penalties
    • Italy in regualtion time
    • Italy in ET/penalties

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

two shitty crappy idiotic shambolic ultradefensive teams in the final.. I really am not sorry for France for losing it or I'm not joyful that Italy won it.. It's been the worst world cup I have witnessed --history didn't see too many of this crap either-- and the most horrible final game as both teams did nothing to win it in 90'..

after seeing these football-killers play the final, I really am sorry for teams like Argentina, Germany, Portugal and --yes, this is true-- even Ecuador and Australia.. I haven't got even a single feeling for these two SUPERB (!) finalists!! CONTINUE KILLING FOOTBALL, GUYS!! :tdown:

the qtr final between Argentina-Germany should really have been the FINAL of this World Cup!

maybe those two-three Portuguese fans were blasted at the beginning when they opened a banner "DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL, GO HOME!" but yeah, they're damn right!! Hellas won the EURO with a defensive performance BUT THEY HAD TO!! otherwise if they tried playing like Brazil they would be raped!! I'm not blaming Greece.. but Italy.. why they keep defensive bullshit football when they have the capability to make an offensive impact! but hey, those idiots think that winning is everything.. and you have to do any sort of bitchness to win it!! just like Materazzi!! :tdown: I'm sure he said how handsome Zidane was looking like before the Algerian headbutted him!

before hanging Zidane in the gallows, have you dared to think why a 34-year-old professional football player IN HIS VERY LAST GAME did such a disgraceful thing?? you cannot say cuz of frustration it was 0-0 then.. ;) the answer is simple!! that prick MaSHIterazzi insulted him for 30-40 seconds.. and it wasn't in cool words like ###### off!! or else!! Zizou deserves a red, that's not of discussion.. but so does that honourless #23.. :angry:

I really though something was about to change when Lippi brought on 3 forwards vs Germany in the OT!! but no.. it was the fear of not going into the shoottout!! for once I thought they would play brave football!! I was wrong!!!

I'm sorry to say this but..

DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL!!! GO BACK TO YOUR CORRUPT HOME!!! :tdown: :tdown:

Was this necessary?

They're not nasty comments. They are much more than that. They are an opinion !

Who is Lararus' brother???

Dudes its the first time I've been on these boards since the game and I'm baffled at all the hostility, wtf is going on???

Anyway, Drakos was right when he said that neither team really deserved to win. Everyone said Greece was a defensive side but we created more chances against France than Italy did. Also, we dealt with them in normal time. I honestly believe that if we'd had the Euro 2004 at this World Cup we'd have gone to the 1/8 AT THE VERY LEAST!

"DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL, GO HOME!" but yeah, they're damn right!! Hellas won the EURO with a defensive performance BUT THEY HAD TO!! otherwise if they tried playing like Brazil they would be raped!! I'm not blaming Greece.. but Italy.. why they keep defensive bullshit football when they have the capability to make an offensive impact!

They get paid to win numbnuts! I really dont think the Italians need football tactics from Turks!

IF THERE WAS A TEAM TO WIN THIS TROPHY FAIR AND SQUARE ,THAT WAS FRANCE.

THEY OUTPLAYED THE MAKARONADES,THEY TIRE THEM AND THEY WERE READY TO SCORE ONCE MORE AND FINISH THEM OFF.

THE ITALIANS BEING THE TYPICAL THIEVES OF THE WORLD USING ANY POSIBLE MEANS AND TACTICS,ONCE MORE SURFICED VIA THE OLD FASHION WAY.

THE MAKARONADES DID NOT EARN THIS WC!

THEY STOLE IT. PUT THAT IN YOUR LITTLE BRAINS ALL OF YOU WHO THINK ITALY CAME ON TOP THROUGH THEIR " EVGENI AMILLA".

I CANNOT COMPARE THIS PERFORMANCE BY THE ITALIANS TO THE GREECE'S ONE TWO YEARS AGO.

COMPLETELLY DIFFERENT PICTURE.THE ITALIANS DID ABSOLUTELY EVERITHING TO FRUSTRATE THE OPPONENT AND THEY SUCCEEDED BY TAKING OUT THEIR CAPTAIN WHO UP UNTIL THEN HE WAS THE FIGURE WHO WAS ORCHISTRATING THEIR DEMICE.

THEY ACCOMPLISHED SENDING HIM TO THE SHOWERS AND THE REST WERE TECHNICALITIES!

I WOULD BE ASHAMED TO BE CALLED WC CHAMPIONS USING ANTICS LIKE THAT IF I WAS ITALIAN TODAY!

AND I THANK GOD THAT IA M NOT!

The World championship resides in Italy, the European championship in Greece.

Let's hear it for the Mediterranean! :tup:

Barcelona also won Champiosn league and Seville won UEFA Cup...

oh please....

im curious why do people hate italy so much??? stole it??? didnt earn it?

- italy won more games than france this world cup

- italy depsite playing an awful final played better defense and made more chances throughout the tournament....

- france got a gift vs portugal, a gift vs spain, and roberto carlos was completly asleep even i would have put that one away....

- italy utilized every player they had except for 2 backup gks- thats a team

- italy has had tons of injury problems during and before the tournament

- italy has only italian players

the final is only about winning...neither team did, neither team deserved to. Italians could hardly jog they were so tired... when your that close to the dream why throw men forward on a bad day ?

and a dive in the penalty area is fair and square? how about the disalowed goal i didnt see it but there were claims Toni was even with them!

as for Zidane and calling it a plan etc.....

how many people here actually play a sport? honest question? talk like this happen in ALL sports every match, and no its not warrant of a red card becuase Zidane made the suptid decision to overreact. Have you never talked trash? In all games and tense games we see some of this....you think Henry doesnt say s%$#! like this? or Zidane kept his mouth shut the whole game....yeah right... dealing with trash talk is the part of the game EVERYONE - especially a 35 year old veteran should know how to put aside

go and celebrate the cup with your great favourite soccer killers at Maximus, coverde.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

im curious why do people hate italy so much??? stole it??? didnt earn it?

think objectively and twice.. you'll find the answer.. ;)

how many people here actually play a sport? honest question? talk like this happen in ALL sports every match, and no its not warrant of a red card becuase Zidane made the suptid decision to overreact. Have you never talked trash? In all games and tense games we see some of this....

i did.. i was a professional swimmer, semi-professional basketballer and an amateur footballer..

i only ONCE had a moment of delirium.. it was in a regional basketball final.. it was 69-69 with 5 seconds to go and after i scored a 3-pt, i turned to the opposite bench and made some overt gestures at them.. because a player or two thruout the 4th qtr kept swearing at my family and fiancee.. the ref called a technical on me and i threw the ball right at his face afterwards.. his nose was broken but i didn't care one bid! does it make me an unsportsman?? hell no!! i still do not regret it and i never told any close one why exactly i did it.. but i know and i DO NOT regret it and my teammates DON'T even if we lost the game 69-73..

so i really find Zizou righteous here.. he couldn't control himself, that's true.. but wut would you do if a guy you know for years suddenly starts throwing horrible words at your mother or daugther..??

BEFORE BEING A GODDAMN "HORSEBLIND" DEFENDER OF ITALIANS, JUST REMEMBER YOU'RE A HUMAN... :o

An relevant article on Sports Illustrated:

Dr. Z: Enough is enough: Zidane's actions understandable in flop-filled match

So Zidane slammed a guy. He lost it. Writers all over the world are competing with themselves to heap scorn on France's greatest player. You know something? I don't blame him for getting sore. Almost every time I could find him on the screen, he had someone tugging at his shirt, tripping him or messing with him in some sneaky way.

The problem is he doesn't hit the canvas as the rest of those prima donnas do...

and a dive in the penalty area is fair and square? how about the disalowed goal i didnt see it but there were claims Toni was even with them!

as for Zidane and calling it a plan etc.....

how many people here actually play a sport? honest question? talk like this happen in ALL sports every match, and no its not warrant of a red card becuase Zidane made the suptid decision to overreact. Have you never talked trash? In all games and tense games we see some of this....you think Henry doesnt say s%$#! like this? or Zidane kept his mouth shut the whole game....yeah right... dealing with trash talk is the part of the game EVERYONE - especially a 35 year old veteran should know how to put aside

I must admit, that did look it was a possible dive, and France was awarded a penalty kick.

However, there was a real foul in the box around the 50th minute, and

France was not awarded a penaltly kick. Perhaps the ref did not want to award two PK's to one team in a match of such great importance. All in all, one cancels the other out.

You have to ask yourself why are there so many people that are anti-Italian football.

Is it because they're jealous?

I don't think so. Brazil is the most successfull football team in the world and most people love them. Even if they are cheering for their opponents, people still appreciate the quality Brazil brings to the field. I remember when they played Greece in the Confederations Cup, I couldn't help but admire the talented Brazilians, even though they won 3-0.

Is it because political or racist?

Again, for most people no. As a country Italy has behaved at least for the past 60 years (since WW2). Most people love Italy's history, culture, food, etc. and the many wonderful things their ancient civilization and renaisance contributed to the world. They have a beautiful country which millions of people visit every year.

So what is it?

I can't speak for everyone, but in my opinion it is the way they win. They are corupt, sneaky, use trickery, and are somehow ultra lucky. :whistle:

Incidents like Zidane being sent off, invalid PK's being awarded with 12 sec. left, etc. always seem to surround the Italian football team. O.k., I understand luck is part of the game. But with Italy, it's too much.

It seems they almos always find a way to win without using the skill that was intended for playing football (example: ultra flops in the box and all over the field, help from refs).

Maybe I'm wrong, and we all have our own opinions. But I think with so many people being anti-Italian football, you have to stop and ask yourself "Perhaps it is justified with good reason".

You have to ask yourself why are there so many people that are anti-Italian football.

I don't think so. Brazil is the most successfull football team in the world and most people love them. Even if they are cheering for their opponents, people still appreciate the quality Brazil brings to the field. I remember when they played Greece in the Confederations Cup, I couldn't help but admire the talented Brazilians, even though they won 3-0.

Again, for most people no. As a country Italy has behaved at least for the past 60 years (since WW2). Most people love Italy's history, culture, food, etc. and the many wonderful things their ancient civilization and renaisance contributed to the world. They have a beautiful country which millions of people visit every year.

So what is it?

I can't speak for everyone, but in my opinion it is the way they win. They are corupt, sneaky, use trickery, and are somehow ultra lucky. :whistle:

Incidents like Zidane being sent off, invalid PK's being awarded with 12 sec. left, etc. always seem to surround the Italian football team. O.k., I understand luck is part of the game. But with Italy, it's too much.

It seems they almos always find a way to win without using the skill that was intended for playing football (example: ultra flops in the box and all over the field, help from refs).

Maybe I'm wrong, and we all have our own opinions. But I think with so many people being anti-Italian football, you have to stop and ask yourself "Perhaps it is justified with good reason".

the post of the season..

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Turk, I had a feeling you would like it. :D

a dream come true :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

kidding aside, you really had some important points there.. the way they won it overall is what bothers me.. are you a pundit or sumthin?? ;)

go and celebrate the cup with your great favourite soccer killers at Maximus, coverde..  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

think objectively and twice.. you'll find the answer..  ;)

i did.. i was a professional swimmer, semi-professional basketballer and an amateur footballer..

i only ONCE had a moment of delirium.. it was in a regional basketball final.. it was 69-69 with 5 seconds to go and after i scored a 3-pt, i turned to the opposite bench and made some overt gestures at them.. because a player or two thruout the 4th qtr kept swearing at my family and fiancee.. the ref called a technical on me and i threw the ball right at his face afterwards.. his nose was broken but i didn't care one bid! does it make me an unsportsman?? hell no!! i still do not regret it and i never told any close one why exactly i did it.. but i know and i DO NOT regret it and my teammates DON'T even if we lost the game 69-73..

so i really find Zizou righteous here.. he couldn't control himself, that's true.. but wut would you do if a guy you know for years suddenly starts throwing horrible words at your mother or daugther..??

BEFORE BEING A GODDAMN "HORSEBLIND" DEFENDER OF ITALIANS, JUST REMEMBER YOU'RE A HUMAN...  :o

turk you are the last person on earth to speak about "objectviity".

no i didnt celebrate.....italy were the champs, but that final really killed my buzz and enthusiasm......I like Italy but the last 2 games (exception the German overtieme) they were screwing around.

but if i was in circo massimo you bet i would be------you would too! all those italian kadinlar cok guzel! :P

Go by the facts those are objective. more chances, more goals, better defense-------they deserved it 100% to be in the final.

Im not saying Italy played amazing- except the first game with Ghana when they were really going at ghana and played a great match... how i define playing well is creating opportunities and playing good defense. They did just that. They beat Australia on a late penalty but they were the better team. Ukraine- forget it Italy was better. Germany they held on a bit scrappy and in overtime were brilliant making chances and goals...The final was 2 teams playing crap, and a crap shootout, and either team could have won/lost...

France RELIED on gifts to get where they were- the penalty vs Portgual, the dive vs Italy, Henry pretending to get hit in the face vs Spain, and Roberto Carlos astonishing lack of attention to the game allowed Henry to walk in and head it away. France still did well but they were never really convincing.

They didnt make hardly any big chances over their games, and then got the gifts. I dont know how thats not objective. Tell me of the truly convincing chances lost that im unaware about if im wrong. People were doubting theyd make it through the group stage...Italy breezed through a very hard group.

So Where exactly am I wrong here? I was suprised to see Italy play much cleaner than the opposition for a change! I saw very few instances of that garbage and come on I dont blind myself and say they dont exist when they do happen....

soccer killers----- that final was ugly. id agree 100% there i was furious at Italy because they had the dream right in front of them something nearly everybody in this world dreams of lifting.....and they walked, they played kickball, no thanks to the retarded idea of putting Del Piero and Totti on the pitch... They did this vs Germany for the first 90 mins too. but the rest of the tournament they made chances and played great defense. Dont try to deny that-if you want my objective empirical evidence watch the tapes!

wats to say....Defensive football is on the rise.....Greece, Italy, even France & Portugal was a defensive side..well portugal wasnt that defensive they just sucked at offense.. Arse.nal was too.....There is still hope in Barcelona :nw: .... but defense really is winning games and everybody just wants to win...

As for defending Zidane......

i dont know how to say this without offending you but.....violence is much less expected at this level and looked down upon in western culture. Its much different in your part of the world. But since FIFA is basically West-European...theyll set the standards.

Throwing the ball in his face.....yes thats unsportsmanlike man. I understand that crap is said and maybe after the game you can always confront him or knife him in the ass (turkish revenge like in Midnight Epxress :P ) - but when you are on the court, in the jersey, representing a club/country there is zero tolerance. You just have to be the bigger man and dont give into that temptation/garbage.

Have I put up with s%$#!?

What would I do? Every game were harassed by players on the pitch, trash talk, racism, hard tackles, dives, cheapshots, bullshit refereeing like you wouldnt beleive. Turk i have my reasons to HATE italian football. I play in the the league where the stereotypes that didnt happen for this italy team in 06 EXIST and are 10x worse!

If i have an anger issue i take it out in the game, and my teamates get angry when I get cards for stupid s%$#!. They are 100% right though- sportsmanship should exist... But I dont headbutt people. Zidane can knock Materazzi on his ass going for a header if he wants revenge....A headbutt....in front of 2 billion peple....disgrace.

This reminds me of the supidity of everybody in the USA jumping to Ron Artests side outburst in the NBA......somebody fan hits him with s paper cup and he has the right to run in the stands swinging fists (not to mention punching a fan who was half his size, being HELD BACK so he couldnt move......wat a ghetto POS)

Bluestriker......its one thing to say corrupt, sneaky.........(as for luck, please tell me France had was not lucky :LOL:) meanwhile Henry pretending to get hit in the face, Malouda taking a blatant dive.......yes these are true fair ways of winning!

Yes they had luck...Zidanes sendoff.....no team was doing anything they could both hardly jog they were so exausted. The late penalty...thats the game. Grosso broke into the area, he got tackled, and it had to be awarded. Would luck be having Materazzi sent off directly for a blatant yellow (from in front, one footed, studs down, not last man) ??? Yeah it was a lucky break. But Italy did deserve the match with all the must score chances they created, and Australia wasnt making anything.

Was it luck that theyre defenders could only allow a dive penalty to go in and an own goal? No , actually they played fantastic defense. What other teams had "luck" ? France, Portugal....tons of it....hell Switzerland too you can break down tons of games into situation of luck...even Greece in 2004 needed luck to beat the Czechs

im still waiting for somebody to CITE ME A REAL EXAMPLE.....all i read is that theyre sneaky, crafty, cheating.......but they havent cheated s%$#! for real now! tell me exactly where and when and then ill think about agreeing with you!

Italians this tournament have been very well behaved.....much unlike the past.

go and celebrate the cup with your great favourite soccer killers at Maximus, coverde.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

think objectively and twice.. you'll find the answer.. ;)

BEFORE BEING A GODDAMN "HORSEBLIND" DEFENDER OF ITALIANS, JUST REMEMBER YOU'RE A HUMAN... :o

Well said Turk :nw: :nw:

i agree 100% with u here buddy!!!!

Zidane should have head butted him in the face instead of the chest; i mean who the ###### does he (materazzi) think he is talkin about personal s%$#! like that!!

i mean the concept of trash talking is like saying "ur going to b my bitch"; "ur ###### s%$#!" "im gonna whoop ur arse today" ect.. but to take it to the personal like materazzi did then Shame on him and shame on anyone that defends him...

Like turk said when ur in that situation majority of people would have done what Zidane did or far worse so dnt sit here and condem the man for what he did when u would do the exact same thing...

im so sick of reading/listening to blind italian love some users have here :nono:

So what is it?

I can't speak for everyone, but in my opinion it is the way they win. They are corupt, sneaky, use trickery, and are somehow ultra lucky.  :whistle:

the post of the season..

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

i second that :nw:

Look, Argentina were the best team but Drakos is right, Italy deserved it. You can only beat who is in front of you and Italy did that. Turk and those who are backing him are talking m*****es, if Turkey had won it the way Italy did would he be sitting here saying the same things? Like ###### he would. They won it in a dirty way??? Look how dirty the Aussies, the English, and the South Americans are, if they had won it everyone would have been kissing their arses. Kanei m*****es na harite!

Look how dirty the South Americans are..

what?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

to say that Argentina played the best football and two lines later calling them dirty... :huh:

you seriously need a few days rest, man :D ..

i dont know how to say this without offending you but.....violence is much less expected at this level and looked down upon in western culture. Its much different in your part of the world. But since FIFA is basically West-European...theyll set the standards.

and.. what do you mean in your part of the world?? you are calling millions of people -more importantly a constant provider of this forum- supporters of violence.. :o it's not a matter of being civilised or that crap.. it's about your emotions and hell yeah, you would very much do the same thing if somebody tweaked your nipple then said "your mama likes it this way!" .. get real.. ;)

and i'm tired of listening to that crap about midnite ekspress.. anyway, people like mocking easterners because it may be their only moment of joy.. who knows?! :tdown:

and.. what do you mean in your part of the world?? you are calling millions of people -more importantly a constant provider of this forum- supporters of violence..  :o it's not a matter of being civilised or that crap.. it's about your emotions and hell yeah, you would very much do the same thing if somebody tweaked your nipple then said "your mama likes it this way!" ..

and i'm tired of listening to that crap about midnite ekspress.. anyway, people like mocking easterners because it may be their only moment of joy.. who knows?!  :tdown:

i dont care to go into examples without starting an irrelevant debate, I beleive that we have a much different viewpoint of when violence is acceptable in that part of the world/peoples. Thats not the same thing as supporting it.

but its much different this is proffessional football and theres no excuses....especially in the World Cup...

This is Athletics...a true athlete can overcome the mental challenges and temptations in additions to the physical one.

If there was s%$#! going down on the field, give him a hard tackle, give it back, tell the ref, or just ignore it. Attacking him means you and your team suffer for it.

Midnight express was a joke man chill out.....you guys really do hate that movie!! how do you say.... Surla Burla? (like this, like that?)

Hollywood----

Your credibility is completly lost. This has jack s%$#! to do with supporting Italy. When i saw that replay i wanted to vomit. I wanted Zidane out of that game because he didnt deserve to be in the World Cup after that.

You really are a lot lower than I thought. You could actually justify disgusting behavior like that. If Materazzi did it to Zidane you would be exactly what im saying, and i would be agreeing 100% . your a hyppocrite, a supporter of violence....and youve obviously never played a sport or been on a team....i put up with that s%$#! week by week, racism, dirty play, trash talk, far worse than the crap on that pitch! and theres only 1 ref and no cameras! ive been tempted to knock someone in the face but i dont! ...go learn about ATHLETICSM. Its a GREEK TRADITION AFTERALL

Trash talk is exactly its name trash talk. Matterazzi acted like a dumbF***. But when one side trash talks its often beause they are BOTH saying crap to put eachother on. But a physical attack of violence ---- EKSW VRE ALITI!!!!

And Lord knows if this happened to an Australian player what would you be saying...

Unless of course that is normal accepted behavior a nation of jailmates... :tdown:

I cant beleive people support Zidan in doing that......have people gone complelty insane? Im sure assualting priests is ok too after somebody made a comic of Mohammed.......Dropi sas......Im out

what?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

to say that Argentina played the best football and two lines later calling them dirty... :huh:

you seriously need a few days rest, man :D ..

You really are intellectually challenged arent you? Read my posts again and try to fathom the point I am arguing. Anyway, I thought I told you not to reply to my posts? Go and cook a rat or some other national delicacy.

im still waiting for somebody to CITE ME A REAL EXAMPLE.....all i read is that theyre sneaky, crafty, cheating.......but they havent cheated s%$#! for real now! tell me exactly where and when and then ill think about agreeing with you!

Italians this tournament have been very well behaved.....much unlike the past.

Posted Image

I guess he tripped him with his back.

Nobody has to say that Italy would have lost in OT or the Australians dominated the game. The game would have gone into OT and anything can happen, either team could win. But to deny that this (picture above) was an unfair call, suggests some sort of favoritism towards Italy. Just look at it. Seriously, I really mean look at the picture.

This was not just awarding a penalty kick, this was awarding the game. It is impossible for any team to come back with 12 sec. left in a game.

Even though I don't like the Italian style of winning football games and even though I wanted France to win, I can still admit that Malouda probably dove in the box. My vision might not be 20/20 but I am not completely blind. I do think a PK should have been given to France around the 50th min., but it wasn't. That's o.k.

And yes, if Greece won cheap like that, my vision might become close to blind. :ph34r: But that does not mean I am correct in my judgement, it only means that I am showing unfair favoritism towards the Greek team. My judgement would be wrong and perhaps someone should point it out to me. Perhaps with a picture? ;)

Please look at the picture carefully and honestly tell me if that was a penalty.

Archived