Phantis Forums

Nations League: Moldova - Greece (15 Nov. 2020, Stadionul Zimbru, Chisinau)

Dutch Eagle

19 minutes ago, La Mendel said:

Fortounis is very important, without him it could have been easily more difficult to beat this Moldova team!

Fortounis was excellent.  Was always creating something positive on the ball.  

• Like it 1

23 minutes ago, HellasLEAF said:

Fortounis was excellent.  Was always creating something positive on the ball.  

Fortounis is total class, he has the vision that no one else on the NT possses. That strike was incredible just world class. Hes the type of player that can just takeover a match.

• Like it 1

The final match against Slovenia will determine who will get promotion to League B and a spot for the World Cup playoffs. 
If Greece fails to defeat Slovenia (which I think isn't a very good team), then they have no business playing with the likes of Austria, Republic of Ireland, Norway, etc. They can simply dwell in the darkness of League C playing with Mickey Mouse teams. 

I think we can all agree for as long as I can remember most guys on here don’t want to see Bakasetas play including myself.. The team looked good in the first half and that’s a big thanks to Fortounis who I’ve always said is hands down our best and most consistent player.. I’m happy about the win but what drives me crazy is at one point the Slovenia game was 1-1 and we needed to score 3 or more goals to over take them and JVS takes off Fortounis instead of Bakasetas, where is the logic in that? Bakasetas was horrible today and was fortunate to have a ball gifted to him by Fortounis.  To this day I’m still so damn confused with what the love is with him as he ruins any attack and flow the team has yet he’s the captain and a guaranteed starter..  I also think if Mantalos was healthy we probably wouldn’t of seen Fortounis. 

anyways on to the next game, like so many in here have already said if we can’t beat Slovenia we simply don’t deserve to play in group B yet alone a World Cup with much stiffer competition.

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

In the 1st half the Ethniki generated alot of chances and looked sharp and eventually scored the 2 goals. The 2nd half once JVS took out Fortounis we lacked creativity and in attack and started to see out the win. Pavlidis has struggled since he was introduced into the NT, I want Giakoumakis to start he is a big target man and can hold up the ball much better than Pavlidis. I think with a few changes vs Slovenia we should be able to get a victory at home and take this group.

I am optimistic going into the World Cup qualifiers the team is getting results and improving. If we have our full team available we will be a tough out. Also i hope JVS will reach out to Manolas and get him back into the fold as he will solidfy our backline.

• Like it 2

4 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Stop it you guys!! People asking md at work why i'm emotional and its because of this brotherhood of man, na poume!

If we put aside our differences on JVS to get along for the one final game, there’s no saying what mankind can’t do! @Boxou and I are now on the same side. And in honor of that matrimony I will say something negative about JVS and hopefully he says something nice about JVS ..

ok here it goes.... JVS has made some questionable decisions what it comes to choosing the starting 11, also I hate his turtleneck that he wears on gameday. Is it too much to ask for a shirt and tie?

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

If we put aside our differences on JVS to get along for the one final game, there’s no saying what mankind can’t do! @Boxou and I are now on the same side. And in honor of that matrimony I will say something negative about JVS and hopefully he says something nice about JVS ..

ok here it goes.... JVS has made some questionable decisions what it comes to choosing the starting 11, also I hate his turtleneck that he wears on gameday. Is it too much to ask for a shirt and tie?

I never thought I would ever say, 'I love your style' friend, the fact you have turned over a new leaf!

Despina came over for some milk and some origano again and she also echoes my sentiments as well!

Edited by ausgreek
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Fortounis was subbed to rest for Slovenia.

Need to work on our corners and Bouchalakis was horrid out there today.

Podcast from Hellas Football to this game 

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/hellas-footy-pod/id1536595945?i=1000498773043

Bouchalakis drove me crazy. Terrible passes and terrible touches. 

54 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

Not sure who I would prefer on the wing now, Tziolis or Masouras. 

BTW it is Tzolis. Not Tziolis.

Masouras is more experienced. However Tzolis is a much better player, but due to his age (18) and inexperience he will make more mistakes. 

A lot of really good points here!

Bouchalakis is and has always been a confidence player. He had 2 attempted smart passes to split the defensive lines that were unsuccessful and to our surprise(after viewing the match data) did substantial work on the defensive side of the ball. However, he is not and will never be a real deep lying playmaker. He lost the ball in possession 9 times, which led the ethniki last night. Unfortunately, it's not as if we get much more out of Kourbelis either. This national team is missing the likes of a healthy and in form Galanopoulos.

Pavlidis should never have been used in this game. This is something that frustrates us to no end with JVS. Game script seems to elude him. In a more open match, Pavlidis is probably the better hold up player. But in a game where the team you're playing is packing the box and playing ultra defensive, Pavlidis is useless(as we saw yesterday). He was only successful in 29% of all on field actions. Abysmal. Giakoumakis should have been the starter here. 

As for Masouras vs. Tzolis, obviously we'd all prefer to see Tzolis as he has waaaaaay more potential. Masouras works well with Tsimikas and we'd rather see a real winger playing left wing instead of Fortounis out of position who ends up drifting central most of the time anyway. This then can leave our LB stranded in certain scenarios. 

All in all, we saw some good things and some bad. Let's hope for the best against Slovenia!

• Like it 3

2 hours ago, Gate7IntlPodcast said:

Bouchalakis is and has always been a confidence player. He had 2 attempted smart passes to split the defensive lines that were unsuccessful and to our surprise(after viewing the match data) did substantial work on the defensive side of the ball. However, he is not and will never be a real deep lying playmaker. He lost the ball in possession 9 times, which led the ethniki last night. Unfortunately, it's not as if we get much more out of Kourbelis either. This national team is missing the likes of a healthy and in form Galanopoulos.

Pavlidis should never have been used in this game. This is something that frustrates us to no end with JVS. Game script seems to elude him. In a more open match, Pavlidis is probably the better hold up player. But in a game where the team you're playing is packing the box and playing ultra defensive, Pavlidis is useless(as we saw yesterday). He was only successful in 29% of all on field actions. Abysmal. Giakoumakis should have been the starter here. 

As for Masouras vs. Tzolis, obviously we'd all prefer to see Tzolis as he has waaaaaay more potential. Masouras works well with Tsimikas and we'd rather see a real winger playing left wing instead of Fortounis out of position who ends up drifting central most of the time anyway. This then can leave our LB stranded in certain scenarios. 

All in all, we saw some good things and some bad. Let's hope for the best against Slovenia!

I would prefer to see Masouras (I do not have a liking for potential) but apart from that this is a fine analyse!

3 hours ago, Gate7IntlPodcast said:

100% right about Giakoumakis starting!

29 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

The good guys will win this game 3-0 and it’ll mark the start of a new era of dominance for the Ethniki

File....you're on to something.

I dont know if it will be tomorrow (I hope it is) but I cant help but think that this team is on the cusp of a very good run. I dont remember seeing a group of as many young Greek players as offensively gifted as these ones on any Ethniki of the past....

Limnios, Tzolis, Fortounis, Giakoumakis, etc..

It's a very exciting time...

Edited by AEK RE GAMOTO
  • Like it 1