Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

Only PAOK could make the biggest signing of the summer (if it's true) and have him NOT available for European play.....  It's like being invited to an orgy and only being allowed to F*** the fat girls.

We're a bunch of stooges.  Maybe Savvidis thinks he can win the league now ...

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1

^^The objective is to win the championship, will take PAOK to the next level, so not a big deal if he's not eligible for Europe....Good catch and good luck....Play the over when PAO and PAOK match up!

Yes ... and no.  Yes the objective is win the championship, but you can't do it by taking short cuts.  You need to build a TEAM, with a CORE group of players.  Then when you add a Berbatov or a Natcho it all just clicks into gear and the extra class of these players gets you over the line.  At least Berbatov will sell a lot of jerseys.

I think we've been playing pretty well, and with a proper striker both the Xanthi and PAS games would have been ours.  We need to get Olsen to smarten the F*** up, or get Glykos in there.

And that is encouraging.  The "team" needs to just keep playing better each week.  The PAS game was really a case of everything went wrong on the day.  A quality CB and GK and a Klaus in form and all of sudden you've won 3-0.  What I want more than anything this season is for the young players plus the new transfers to improve and become good solid squad players, and build from there.

So what I see as our "best" 11 so far...

--Glykos--

--Vitor--Costa--Malezas--

--Kitsiou--Cimirot--Kace--Mak--

--Pelkas--

--Berbatov--Klaus--

Berbatov is in good shape, esp for his age, but he is slow. Klaus will have to do most of the running up front. Helps that the rest of the squad has a combined age of 15. More importantly, we have significant depth across the midfield - Kitsiou/Konstantinidis/Skondras/Rodrigues on the right, Mak/Leovac/Korovesis/Jairo on the left, Pelkas/Mistakidis/Sabo/Charisis/Savvidis in an attacking midfield role. There's some real potential there.

I wonder if any half-decent CBs are still available as free agents?

Dude this is a nice pick up! He is lazy at times but he will rock it in this league. So in this league we have Berbatov, Cambiasso, and Essien. The GSL aint that bad now that i think about it!

If only the three of them didn't each look like this:

CrusadeKnight.jpg

It comes down to the contract, if a clause is put in there that the player can't play against there parent club then obviously it happens. Good move by us putting that in there, as I recall a few years ago players who we had loaned out to other Greek teams playing against us. 

As for the Berbatov signing, I dont believe what I'm reading!! HUGE signing, if he plays at 75% he will dominate the superleauge. Wanna wait till its official to get too excited but this is big! Apparently PAOK is waiting to hear from Uefa if he can play in the Europa league, they are hopeful an exception will be made given the De Gea situation