Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Rosenborg

Guest Protathlitis

everyone just relax (pao and oly)....

it aint over yet....

easy for u to say

how can Olympiakos fans be relaxed at this very moment

i understand ur pissed off!! ill probably be the same tomorrow however u must look at the bigger picture and that is u have 5 games left....

hush :la:

a Pao fan is advisin and Olympiakos fan that all is not lost lol

u know things are bad when it comes to this

but in all seriousness i do respect your comment but lets be realistic here

4 games v Lyon and Real and don't forget an away fixture v Rosenborg

its not happenning

in the last couple of weeks i was vocal that we not only had to win this game but win decisively

even if we some how squeaked a win today

and were to see lyon scoring line well let me just say i wouldn't have been full confident

at least Pao go a excuse they are in a transition mode with the influx of many new young players

wuts Olympiakos excuse too ###### old i guess lol

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ti egine? To voulosane ta gavrakia? Thn perasmenh Kuriakh, vghkan oloi stous radio stathmous kai kanane to magka kai oxi toso na poune gia thn nikh ths omadas tous epi tou Panioniou (enos Panioniou me 20hdes xwris oute enan empeiro paixth), alla gia na *thapsoun* ton PAO, kai oti den exei omada kai proponhth.. XAXAXA.... Mhpws mperdepsate ta pragmata ligaki? Lene giati o OSFP exei provlhma na nikisei ektos Elladas.. Edw den mporei oute entos na nikisei, apla giati o proponhths sas einai axrhstos kai koimate, kai giati oi perisoteroi paixtes ths omadas sas den exoun oute peira apo CL, oute kai ikanothtes na paiksoun me Eurwpaikes omades (estw kai an autes einai ston pato) O Olumpiakos einai mono omada gia Ellada, kai mono sta oneira tou tha ftasei ekei pou exei ftasei to Trifulli...

Alla den mporw na pw.. me to spathi sas tha parete thn 4h 8esh

Olumpiak(oi) en tafw

Olympiakos 1

Rosenborg 3

Please do not insult people. This season was touted as Olympiakos to break through in Europe and to place Greek Football on a mantle piece with Greek National team winning Euro 2004.

After winning 8 National Championships in the last 9 years and representing not only their fans, country and history of the club, they have shown year in and year out they are a disgrace when it comes to Europe.

There is no excuse for this result. Rosenborg the great Norwegian team is really struggling this season domestically and they will be replaced as champions and not even represent their country next season.

Olympiakos thougt all they had to do was turn up and knock a few passes around and three points would be in the bag.

This being the first Chamipions League Match, I predict Olympiakos has guaranteed again as always they will not qualify and further drag the Greek UEFA coeeficient for club representation down further.

It is not the coaches fault, the eleven playing should all take the blame and take a hard long look at themselves.

I only hope is that Panathinaikos who does not only their fans proud but Greece can raise their game to beat Udinese.

The excuse of winning championships as stated by the Olympiakos website is rubbish. European football is the mark you set standards against and look to achieve and show your best. What we have seen is players putting Greek football back 10 years.

Green Fan

a lot of people are blaming nikopolidis for the second goal. it wasnt his fault imo. anatolakis was going for the ball and it looked like he would head it away. but in the last moment he ducked to let the ball pass to nikipolidis who wasnt expecting it. for me it was anatolakis fault, of which the goal came out.

if we continue playing like this i dont see us progressing. and i didnt see our team play the offensive football sollied wants us to play. my biggest question still is, why we drew back after getting the lead. that was the time we gave the match out of our hands. we had the complete control of the match and if we would have continued setting rosenborg under pressure we could have won this match, that i'm sure of.

if not during wintertime, then at least during the next summer, we have to get rid of our old players. anatolakis, mavrogenidis, georgatos and even djole have to leave imo. they just have this mentality that a one goal lead is enough in europe when we play at home.

it was another proff of the unwritten law of football. whoever doesnt make the goals, gets them.

the stats speak for themselves:

shots 23-5

shots on goal 13-3

shots wide 6-2

blocked shots 4-0

corners 13-3

possession 61-39

unfortunately the stats dont always tell the truth.

Well well--

I guess stealing three points from olympiakos made up for the three points rosenborg lost last year in athens in a match we SHOULD have won. So the way I see it, panathinaikos now owe you 3 CL-points...

sorry about the ultradefensive second half. It's embarrassing when they don't even try to score on corners. But that's probably the way you must do it away in europe.

I was disappionted with rivaldo, but toure, man, what a player. a shame he doesn't seem to be all that much of a team player.

But I must say, after having read your debate here before the match, about winning with many goals and focusing on goal difference instead of winning, you can't afterwards critizise the PLAYERS for underestimating rosenborg, can you?

it's perfect for us, three points and soon we'll get sollied home again...

cheer up lads, you weren't all that bad, you'll beat real madrid :tup:

but the worst thing is, that every year we start hoping for something better in europe. this time i really thought we might make it to the next round. we got some nice players. i think toure is one of the best signings of the past years. babangida also seems to have improved our right side. with konstantinou we have a decent striker up front, who unfortunately doesnt get the passes he needs. rivaldo could play a more free role, like he wanted it last season. stoltidis has the chance to attack to since he knows that toure is doing a good job in the midfield.

but no, osfp just disappoints us again. and unfortunately slowly it doesnt hurt that much anymore, since we really got used to it.

maybe it would be better for greek football if our teams would have to qualify again. to play in the qualifying rounds and realise that cl isnt granted just by winning the title in greece. the people finally have to realise, that greek football will only improve if all the teams in the league get the chance to improve. if there are only four, five competitive teams in the league things will never change.

Well well--

I guess stealing three points from olympiakos made up for the three points rosenborg lost last year in athens in a match we SHOULD have won. So the way I see it, panathinaikos now owe you 3 CL-points...

sorry about the ultradefensive second half. It's embarrassing when they don't even try to score on corners. But that's probably the way you must do it away in europe.

I was disappionted with rivaldo, but toure, man, what a player. a shame he doesn't seem to be all that much of a team player.

But I must say, after having read your debate here before the match, about winning with many goals and focusing on goal difference instead of winning, you can't afterwards critizise the PLAYERS for underestimating rosenborg, can you?

imo it was exactly as you said. your team was very well prepared for the match. sometimes it looked to me as if you knew our style of play better than we did.

about playing defensive in the second half. what else should you have done? if you have the lead and see that your opponent isnt able to score and your keeper plays the match of his life it is the best thing to do.

congrats for the win. hopefully our team will be equally prepared on the away match so that we might win our first away atch in cl history.

seriously why the f u ck does pao have pictures of Olympiakos on there site

listen yes we embarrassed ourselves today

i am the hardest critic on my team

but go worry about Udinese for go d sake and let us Olympiakos fans deal with this sorry ass of a team

u guy say that all the time but when we lose you will end up doing the same thign and u guys have like with Wisla.......so dont act like u guys are that much better.....

as for worst loss i would say its not this.....that was Juventus when OSFP had a reasonable shot at going through lost 7-0......

this was like the Stuttgart game for PAO a few years ago.....all the chances......but not the goals....

its disapointing yeah but i wouldnt say thrinos is out yet either....all the games count 3 points so if they win in trondheim it doesnt matter...lyon will beat osfp but its not like Real Madrid were that great, and Rosenborg wont beat the other teams..... its OSFP-Real for second and i still think OSFP can beat Real in Karaiskaki...they really are not a worthy first seed...as for lyon they are fantastic...most underated team in the entire world.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I WANT TO THANK EVERY OLYMBRIAKOS FAN FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

THANK YOU FOR YET ANOTHER UNFORGETTANBLE SEASON IN EUROPE. I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR GAMES AFAINST LYON AND REAL :P TA KALITERA KAI I PENTARES MAS PERIMENOUN... :P

PO PO TETIO GELIO :LOL:

Hey guys, just stop by to say hi and good game yesterday...congrats....it seems rosenberg has kanourgious pelates and you are them.....anyway congratulations on a great game and to many more........

(sorry i couldnt resist.....you guys need to win an away game this century ...seriously. if you dont win away now it is over, even though i predict it is already ove....like to thank you for taking konstantinou of our hands.....his awesome isnt he? hahahahahah..anyway .we will show you how in italy today with our depleted squad, but nonetheless you will see how it is done....see you in kara.......pelates...

A very disappointing result. It stands to reason that Sollied wil be making some changes and will have Oly better prepared for the next match against Real. He had better or things might very well get uncomfortable for him in Athens.

Toure was by far Oly's best player.

Anyway, here's a link to a Norwegian paper with their analysis. Nothing surprising but I thought I would post it nonetheless.

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/sports/a...icle1114861.ece

Hi Guys, I have been sitting back and reading the comments of all of the OLy and Pao supporters about Oly's loss last night.

I live in Sydney, and woke up 4.45 in the morning listening to the game on my scanner whilst i was driving to work. :huh: :huh:

See, Oly is my life, I eat, Drink and Sleep OLY. AND It hurts when your team loses a game, and I understand there are a few PAO supporters out there ready to pounce and post a message in the forum when OLY loses, and i guess there is a few OLY supporters that do the same..

personally i do not care what Pao supporters do in their own section in this forum, but i do care when they lash out stupid comments about my beloved club. :nono: :nono: especially when their own fate hasnt been dealt with yet..

See gentlemen, these past 10 long years we have witnessed a dyntasty, Oly winning 8 championships in 9 years. its something that doesnt happen in every day football. AND Iam proud of it g a m o t o. :tup: :tup: :tup:

We talk about OLy not being a European team, struggling to win or progress through very important games, What could be the blame.

DO We blame Kokkalis, who picked up OLy when it was financially burnt from previos owner and has turned into a European model, comparing to the Ac milans, the Juventus's and Liverpools to name a few. He has built us a lovely ground, a top class training facility, merchandise stores etc etc I dont think so.

I have come to the conclusion that we blame three reasons of our loss last night

and the solutions to these reasons:

1st reason: Defence, we talk about it every year, Our defence our defence our defence, this is the same defence that copped 7 goals against Juventus, the same defence that copped 4 against Newcastle, the same defence that copped 5 against Rosenborg. yes i agree that Anatolakis, Kostoulas, Georgatos, Mavrogennidis are good greek players and the best for greek league standards, but thats all they are.

Solution: Left Back Georgatos ( no other choice at the moment )

Centre Back Kapsis

Centre Back Toure

Right Back Kostoulas

2nd reason: Sollied, he has won me over from his coaching decisions thus far. but last night he made 3 very big mistakes.

* Didnt play Kafes and Dani, it is a fact that Rivaldo is not playing well at the moment, he doesnt deserve to start i dont care if he a previous world player of the year, he not doing his job. Konstandinou, although i think is a good player and will help oly, hasnt adapted to the change moving from pao to oly. also seems to lack confidence.

Solution: I think Dani with his experience would of found himself in better opportunities. Trust me he will start against Real Madrid. Also if you are not scared of Ventetes, then Kafes should of started, i would have said to Rivaldo i wanted to start you but Kafes played a blinder and i have to reward him. I would of said also to rivaldo you know that you are not playing 100 % at the moment, i want you to go the world cup, but to do this you have to show me on the pitch.

3rd mistake: sollied made the subs to late in the game. Iam a coach, and if you notice that nothing has improved after 65 mins what makes you think it will change 15 mins later.??

Also what is this 3 striker crap he talks about he doesnt play 3 strikers he plays

4-5-1

djordjevic and babangida are midfielders.

4-3-3 the tactic wants to play should be played like this:

----------------Okkas-----------------Dani-----------------Kostantinou-----------

Djordevic-------------------------Stoltdis-------------------Kafes------------------

---Georgatos-----------Kapsis/ Anatolakis-----Toure-------------Kostoulas-------

--------------------------------Nikopolidis----------------------------------------------

Finally- iam confident that if oly plays a counter attacking man to man against real madrid, knowing they will come out for a win, that we have a chance of stealing something. what makes it hard is that they are a ticking time bomb, any time now they will destroy a team especially after 2 losses.

Few, Off my chest.. I still love you Oly...

what do you guys think.. lets talk about physics of the game, not stupidity,,,

Al the Gavroi should relax. Dont go out blaming everyone and saying that Europe is over... Fact is, it is not. Move on. We need points for Greece.

u guys have better pray for osfp to do weel in europe

cause when u guys finish 4th this year and greece is down to 1 team,....in the C.L

only the champs of greece will go.

and we know the word champs and PAO has been used in greece once in the last 9 years and even that with the refs help

See gentlemen, these past 10 long years we have witnessed a dyntasty, Oly winning 8 championships in 9 years. its something that doesnt happen in every day football. AND Iam proud of it g a m o t o.   

Olympiakos-Sydney:

I admire and respect your devotion to your club and take my hat off to you for sticking with them. Although I don't share the same sentiments. I am a PAO fan and like you I too live, breathe, drink, eat my team.

But please, from the 8 championships you are talking about, many were achieved under very suspicious circumstances. I know it sounds like an excuse but there are many instances of one-sided refereeing in your favour that clearly shaped the outcome of many of those championships.

I am certain that if we had 50-50 refereeing, like we do in Europe, then Oly would not have been 8 years champions. You had the better team and clearly deserved it championship in some years but not the whole 8 years.

That's the reason when you go to Europe you can't perform because the referees there don't whistle the contentious decisions in your favour.

Anyway, if you don't have to agree with me. But until you guys wake up and instead of cheering every cheap victory in Greece you ask how it was achieved, then your miserable results in Europe will continue. Your spoilt players will be looking for undeserved penalties and favours from referees and the results will be more and more humiliations.

It's up to you and the other Oly fans.

yes after the major beatings in madrid and in both games against lyon with a major score! :nw:

he will probably run up to norway :LOL: :LOL: :tup: :nw:

and no oly owe a handfull of championships so i guees the will never get the 3 points back

Believe it or not everyone this group is still open.

Olympiacos is in 3rd place and at the moment Real would get knocked out. We need to take every game 1 game at a time and go from there. Lyon is the only team we really need to chase right now.

At the end of the group stage....... That's were I want to see everyone in this Forum and then talkyour S***

cause when u guys finish 4th this year and greece is down to 1 team,....in the C.L

and we know the word champs and PAO has been used in greece once in the last 9 years and even that with the refs help

When I read things like this,no matter how hard I try to feel sad about OSFP's loss I just can't....

I don't care in what place my team will finish this year because my team isn't ready yet...And I'm not afraid to admit it.Not like the gabrakia who won to PANIONAKI and they think they have THE Super Team!

But they all forget THE MOST IMPORTANT THING:that,in the CL, you're going straight to the groups with PANATHA'S POINTS!!!!!!!!Youknow,the points that Panatha wins even abroad!!!

If we waited from your points gabrakia then only one greek team could play sto CL and it should play from the first qualification round.... :LOL:

Ante,poulate kai mourh panw stis plates tis Panatha's....

But,as we all witnessed yesterday the greek football,for once again,is waiting (not from the champion) but from the common suspect to fight,so our country could have more than one teams in CL in the next years....

Don't get me wrong,though.I feel happy either OSFP loses or wins.I'm greek above all. :gr:

u guys have better pray for osfp to do weel in europe

Your funny.

First of all Im not PAO. Nice try.

Quit whining like a 5 year old who hasnt got his way and wants everyone else to suffer so he doesnt feel so bad. Grow up. Now if you will relax....

My point is this. The classic Greek mentality is at the first HINT of bad things, we usually get up and claim failure. There are 15 more points in the CL and it seems the majority of the Oly fans are giving up all the points before they have even played the games. People are talking of sacking the coach. Guess what? The keeper from Rosenburg played out of his head... If you had scored ONE of those it would have been a totally different game. DONT GIVE UP UNTIL YOU ARE REALLY OUT. YOU ARE VERY MUCH STILL IN IT. You brought Sollied to OLY to win in Europe... That means WINNING AWAY FROM PIREAUS. THIS CAN BE DONE.

I cheer for all Greek teams in Europe. For the pride of Greece and so we can have more teams playing in the CL. Funny how I HATE oly in Greece but have much more confidence than many of you for your run in Europe. For your sake and Greece's I hope to be writing again after the group stage and proving my point...

u guys have better pray for  osfp to do weel in europe

Your funny.

First of all Im not PAO. Nice try.

Quit whining like a 5 year old who hasnt got his way and wants everyone else to suffer so he doesnt feel so bad. Grow up. Now if you will relax....

My point is this. The classic Greek mentality is at the first HINT of bad things, we usually get up and claim failure. There are 15 more points in the CL and it seems the majority of the Oly fans are giving up all the points before they have even played the games. People are talking of sacking the coach. Guess what? The keeper from Rosenburg played out of his head... If you had scored ONE of those it would have been a totally different game. DONT GIVE UP UNTIL YOU ARE REALLY OUT. YOU ARE VERY MUCH STILL IN IT. You brought Sollied to OLY to win in Europe... That means WINNING AWAY FROM PIREAUS. THIS CAN BE DONE.

I cheer for all Greek teams in Europe. For the pride of Greece and so we can have more teams playing in the CL. Funny how I HATE oly in Greece but have much more confidence than many of you for your run in Europe. For your sake and Greece's I hope to be writing again after the group stage and proving my point...

im not whin ing but when pao loses every game.. all we hear is whining and complaining non stop.

But please, from the 8 championships you are talking about, many were achieved under very suspicious circumstances. I know it sounds like an excuse but there are many instances of one-sided refereeing in your favour that clearly shaped the outcome of many of those championships.

ok so explauin this to me:

A- 2001-2002 efthimiadis incident.. fine he helped us but did u forget that year u started 0 wins 3 losses... 0 ties.. those 3 losses did not affect the standings considering u lost to us by 1 or 2 points

b- last year.. we finished tied... those losses to kerkira... ties with aris.. that didnt affect the standings?

c-this year you are already 5 back... you wont take this into considerattion of losing the title

d- the famous 3-0.. a win or tie gave u the title but u lost

those 4 points i just mentioned.,.. tthats 4 titles rihgt there u could have had

they are ot factors y u have no titles?

and stop with the refs excuses.. u get as much pushes as we do...

look at this past weekend the ref left ionikos with 10 men.

the game with aek last year not being a clear penalty...

I could go on and on!!

Archived