Phantis Forums

Transfers 2005!

m_kafes

Now theres reports that we're interested in Anorthosis player Norden Wooters.

Many will remember him at Ajax as the scorer of the 3rd goal back in 96 when we lost 3-0 in Athens.

He has been killing it in the Cypriot league scoring quite frequently.

Can someone confirm if he's an out-and-out right-midfielder ?

Theres also a young Cypriot striker who's on Livathinos' list.

Here's the article (2nd paragraph) .....

http://www.sportnet.gr/showreport.asp?spor...&ReportID=85043

do u guys still think we can get Matousevic as well as an ARgentine this winter?

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many will remember him at Ajax as the scorer of the 3rd goal back in 96 when we lost 3-0 in Athens.

do u guys still think we can get Matousevic as well as an ARgentine this winter?

judging off what ive seen from cypriot star strikers, i think ive had enough.

Mixalakis is good, he can do everything, but like Okkas they cant score easy opportunites to save their life it seems.....

i can confirm he is an out and out right midfielder, but is also effective in the support striker role or upfront.

Knowing our club loves players who "supposedly" can play different positions, i wouldnt be suprised if they signed wooter.

I prefer to sub a wooter on than a mitu or debbah simple as that.

why is he in cyprus...he used to be a very good/promising player

Ketsbaia (Anorthosis Trainer) is a very very close friend of wooters, and so he convinced him to come to cyprus, he must of thought to himself what the hell, i will be getting good money, my buddy is here, it could be a nice holiday.

His career hasn't been all that bad.Ajax, zaragoza, Watford(whilst in EPL) Braga(portugal) RBC (holland)

The only problem with him is that all he does, and he does it very good is dribble his way in and out and in and here and there and far and wide and near and wide and far and forward and back and back and forward then left then right...and then either scores himself, or send it to the stands or to another opponent.

He lacks passing, timing of crosses,quality of crosses, but despite lacking in those areas, he is still better in passing, crossing etc, than half the players we have.

Ketsbaia (Anorthosis Trainer) is a very very close friend of wooters, and so he convinced him to come to cyprus, he must of thought to himself what the hell, i will be getting good money, my buddy is here, it could be a nice holiday.

His career hasn't been all that bad.Ajax, zaragoza, Watford(whilst in EPL) Braga(portugal) RBC (holland)

The only problem with him is that all he does, and he does it very good is dribble his way in and out and in and here and there and far and wide and near and wide and far and forward and back and back and forward then left then right...and then either scores himself, or send it to the stands or to another opponent.

He lacks passing, timing of crosses,quality of crosses, but despite lacking in those areas, he is still better in passing, crossing etc, than half the players we have.

isnt ketsbaia a player???

he scored 2 goals this weekend

do you guys think basinas will go in the winter....i hope not because i dont think the spot can be easily filled...our team is not the same without basinas...i think seeling him in the winter will be a big mistake..his role as a DCM is the backbone to our team...without him we seem flimsy..ive heard it said before and its so true that throughout everything thats happed to pao, basin as has always been there in the 11

do you guys think basinas will go in the winter....i hope not because i dont think the spot can be easily filled...our team is not the same without basinas...i think seeling him in the winter will be a big mistake..his role as a DCM is the backbone to our team...without him we seem flimsy..ive heard it said before and its so true that throughout everything thats happed to pao, basin as has always been there in the 11

Its not just his role on the playing field, or his role tactically speaking, he is a figure head for PAO, the natural leader of the team. When you think PAO you think Basinas and vice versa when you think Basinas you think PAO. Everything PAO has been through Basinas has been there right through the good times and the bad times - esp 7 years without a title. I hope he doesnt leave - and if he does please to God not to Olympiakos.

Raguel isnt a problem. he was never going to play for PAO this was obvious.

Epalle is the one who needs to go, because coaches actually use him sometimes i have no idea why.........

Great post....

Epalle and Lamoio's contracts end at the end of the season. Whoever re-news their contracts is going to be at my black list!!! :angry:

Anderson of Halkidona..?

Wooter of Anortosis..?

Crap of the Caribbean..????

PAO is going the wrong way in transfers, for two years now!!!

You have a point Turk...

Unfortunaltey our management once again is seriously lacking in ambition.

Anderson from Chalkdiona is actually 25 years old and would be a good back up for the DM role but in no way does he make PAO stronger in Europe.

Well if they do get an Argentinian like Gonzalez' class I won't have a prob signing some of the players mentioned already.

Anyway, we all know that Epale, Demba, Raguel are complete crap so they can leave for others.

ps, naughty things you say in your signature..aren't you offending our Fener fans ;)

Archived