Phantis Forums

Transfers 2005!

m_kafes

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not actually in favour of the guy, but in how many games did we actually see Mitu play? :huh:

I mean we bought the guy few months ago and we have used him..... 2 times maybe? How did we come up with the conclusion that he cannot help PAO? I am just wandering..... (especially when you see aballous like the LAMOIO in the team playing all the time!!!!)

great to see gekas on the team...i think he is a greqat player with alot of potential and can really really help us...its also good to see us get rid of mitu as well...skazni wants mitu, demba and zutautus out....mitu has officially been released and it looks like demba is going to kerkyra...

So let's recap on this very busy Transfer Season.

-------------------------PLAYERS IN------------------------------

ROUBAKIS from OFI Crete (a.k.a Parartima) playing Left Back

Although I was a bit suspicious in the beginning (him being an OFI and Scazny player and all) I must say I am impressed with his performance on the Athens Derby. Anyway he was brought in as a back up for Munch so my expectations of him aren't that great. He is 25 so this is a very crucial point of his career.

My prediction is that if he works hard for a couple of years he might become a very good Left Back (Munch Standard). Time will tell.

MBIDES from APOEL Nicosia playing AMR

Only 23 years old he is supposed to be the best Cypriot player in that position (already an international). He has definately better than Mitu. So far we have seen him playing a few games and the impression is a rather good. (Good crossing, passing, even shooting). I expect him to be a first team regular for most fixtures.

His young age leaves a lot of room for improvement.

(De Lima Freitas) ANDERSON from CHALKIDONA playing DMC

Probably the bigest signning of this season. Anderson is 26 and although we haven't seen him playing much due to an old injury, those who have seen Chalkidona mathces know what a good player he is. With him and GONZO on the field the team will be complitely unpredictable. Once he settles in the team and learns Equis play we will see great football in Leoforo.

WOOTER from ANORTHOSI playing AMRL

Definately the best known in european football from our signing made his name in Ajaz. He is 29 and is probably a cheap solution for the left wing (although he normally plays right wing we have only seen him in the left). I don't consider him ideal for that position so I'd rather not judge him yet.

GEKAS from KALITHEA playing FLRC

The 25 year old is the 1st scorer of A Ethniki so far this season and looks very promising. With this signing competition for the Striker positions will become even harder. Very good on the counter attack not very clinical in finishing. Time will tell.

-----------------------------PLAYERS OUT----------------------------------

EPALLE: Good ridens

MITU: We should have never bought him

DEMBA: Was he really ever in the team

KYRGIAKOS: He will be dearly missed. Nevertheless good for him.

Let's hear your thoughts about this Transfer period

Good post m_kafes. Looks like they're getting rid of the right players with the exception of Halkias and Kyrgiakos which i just can't believe. That's the Greek league for you. However they signed some very promising talent apparently. The transfer decisions look a bit better than in the past couple of seasons; let's see what happens.

Its definately been a busy transfer period, especially for a period during mid season.

If these players can gel together quickly, for eg Anderson and Eki, Wooter on the left with Munch than we can make a strong run in the end of the season.

Skanzy has no excuses now, He has a strong squad, has gotten rid of a few palta, and competition for places in each spot in the 11 is stronger than ever. If he has half the brain were praying he has than all he has to do is just name the right 11 and let the players play.

Seville just lost 4-0 to Barcelona in Seville. Just a point I thought I should mention as the team is going to preparing soon for that game!

If these players can gel together quickly, for eg Anderson and Eki, Wooter on the left with Munch than we can make a strong run in the end of the season.

Skanzy has no excuses now, He has a strong squad, has gotten rid of a few palta, and competition for places in each spot in the 11 is stronger than ever. If he has half the brain were praying he has than all he has to do is just name the right 11 and let the players play.

Seville just lost 4-0 to Barcelona in Seville. Just a point I thought I should mention as the team is going to preparing soon for that game!

I don't think that it's as simple as selecting the best eleven and putting them on the field. In order to make some food, other than having the right ingredients, you also need somebody to cook it. I am not saying that Scazny should go at once but he really needs to go in the end of the season. He has proven himself to be insufficient.

Ok I agree that PAO has the most complete roster of the Big Three but we do not have somebody who can cook the food.

Vardinogiannis has proven that he cares for the team as he has signed all the best talent available. However, all that money spent will be in vain if he doesn't decide to get a decent coach that can get the best out of the players and teach them a thing or two. I am not talking about a big name manager. I 'd rather prefer someone YOUNG and HUNGRY for success who is willing to work hard. I would really like to see someone like Parashos or Hatzaras at the helm next year.

As far as Sevilla is concerned, I think their team is very good (it was their first loss in their ground). They play a really phisical game but they have many holes in their defence. If we can keep up with their pace I don't see why we cannot get through to the next round. Antonito (AMR) and Baptista (SC) are really good. They play 4-3-3 ATT.

:tdown:

hey, a shitload of transfers in mid season doesn't make any sense to me.

what do you think IF OUR TEAM HAVE KEPT OUR PREVIUS COACH mr Soum, we

would need to make all those wierd transfer moves ?

what do you need to see, to realise that our coach is a complete faliure ?

i mean the guy has 6 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses, while last season and up to the

point our previus coach was kicked out we only had 1 loss fom aigaleo!

-all of a sudden papadopoulos forgotten soccer ?

-all of a sudden olisadebe, samartean are thought as as good as gone ?

both of them can play but mr skazni doesn't trust them any more...

-all of a sudden gonzales lost his interest for the team?

-how about that guy named basinas ? he knows that next season he is off to a new team and we do not offer him a new contract while he is the team's backbone ! (do you remember him playing with the same passion at those athens derbies this season the way he played in the other days... the guy has made up his mind like all the other international ex-panathinaikos players)

look i can go on and on...

the one think i know is that this year is one of the worst seasons i have seen my team for the past six years at least.

the only cousion skazni has is the 4-1 victory over aidhoven who was already on the next round...

I agree with you that it takes more than selecting a starting 11...and Skanzy should not go now. He did just miss out on CL and did take us to this game against Seville so it would be a wrong move to get rid of him and bring in some one new.

However I just dont think Skanzy has wat it takes to cut it as a coach, which is why I said hopefully he picks a correct starting 11 and the players take it from there.

We have a great squad - and I really like the Idea that there is competition all over the field for positions. Competition can only be good for business! If Skanzy keeps it simple till the end of the season than we may just survive I think. But we absolutely need a long term solution. I hate this idea of signing a coach and sacking him after one season or half a season. I really want a long term solution, a young coach like m_kafes is saying to be a round for a while. Like what Wenger is to Arsenal or Ferguson to Utd. Someone who with the correct mind and philosophy and an idea of soccer who will impose there views and rules and tactics for years to come.

ATHENS, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Champions Panathinaikos have completed the signing of this season's Greek first division top goalscorer, Theofanis Gekas from Egaleo.

The 24-year-old, who has scored 10 goals in 16 games for Egaleo, has signed a 2-1/2 year contract with the option of a two-year extension. No fee has been disclosed.

"I am delighted to be a Panathinaikos player," said Gekas. "I want to reward the club's faith in me and help the team reach their targets."

Gekas is the second player to leave Egaleo this week after midfielder Ioannis Skopelitis, who has joined English Premier League side Portsmouth for one million pounds ($1.89 million).

;) :LOL: ;) :LOL: ;) :LOL: ;) :LOL: ;)

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml...storyID=7467607

• 4 weeks later...

Poor guy. Must be hard on him. 8 goals in 4 games. I guess Pompey is not PAO when it comes to defense.

Still, I must say I feel for the guy. He was once a very promising keeper who waited for his opportunity behind Antonis. He got his a few years back and performed very well. He then injured his shoulder while on top of his game and lost his spot back to Antonis. What followed was a transfer to Iraklis for Michalaki (together with Nasiopoulos and some other guy ... Koutsoures I think). Then , he ws brought back to us and when he finally got his chance after Antonis left, he lost it to Super Mario.

And now this. Life is not always easy.

Archived