Phantis Forums

Transfers 2005!

m_kafes

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEFACup/n...sId=273071.html

Athens calls for Wooter

Thursday, 13 January 2005

Panathinaikos FC have signed Dutch midfield player Nordin Wooter from Cypriot side Anorthosis Famagusta FC.

Initial contract

The 28-year-old has put pen to paper on an initial 18-month deal with the Greek champions, with the option of two further yearly contracts after the former expires. The Athens club are thought to have paid €130,000 for Wooter, and have also agreed to play Anorthosis in a friendly game in Cyprus in the summer

also www.pao.gr

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just heard the rumour that osfp was also interested in getting wooter, but didnt move on because they had some information that he leads a quite excessive life besides the football.

could be a reason why he made the big carreer he did and went from ajax over some other team and finally to the european superpower anorthisis famagusta.  ;)

to be honest i have no idea about this guy if he is any good. i hope he wont be.  :P

Its funny you say, that it is rumoured he lives quite an excessive life outside football, and thats 1 reason oly didint sign him, cause i just read this article and it says the total opposite.

It says he is a family man, loves his wife and kids, thinks the world of them, and also is a very religious person. :D

Quite funny.

Nordin Wooter Family and Religious Man.

RANGERS will hold transfer talks with Monaco striker Shabani Nonda in Glasgow this week and have made an approach for Greek international defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos.

The Panathinaikos centre-half is out of contract in the summer and Rangers are understood to have moved having learned of rival interest from Southampton and Portsmouth.

The 25-year-old Kyrgiakos played against Rangers in Athens in the 2003-4 Champ-ions League, suffering knee damage in a challenge with Stefan Klos which cost him a place in Greece’s Euro 2004 squad.

The tall, quick defender is believed to be considering a two-and-a-half year offer from Rangers and is interested in a move to the SPL after being on the Panathinaikos books since he came through their youth system.

He has become attractive to Alex McLeish after apparent stalling by another defensive target, Liverpool’s Stephane Henchoz.

http://www.sundayherald.com/47191

i hope we re sighn him :(

all i want from pao is to re sighn our top players to long contracts such as kyrgiakos...

RANGERS!??????????? NO! NO! NO!

they are the most useless whore of a team.........they have less euro sucess than OSFP, among the worst leagues, and only have money to offer. and its not right for him to battle a shamrock!

and if we let this guy go - the management should go too. unless we get a ton of money.

RANGERS!??????????? NO! NO! NO!

they are the most useless whore of a team.........they have less euro sucess than OSFP, among the worst leagues, and only have money to offer. and its not right for him to battle a shamrock!

and if we let this guy go - the management should go too. unless we get a ton of money.

I'd be dissapointed if he went there.

It would show a great lack of ambition. He can do much better and go to a top 3 league for a big club. i have a Celtic mate and he drools over him.

I hope he stays and we can keep him but with the mamangement we have we know that they will flog him to make some dosh.

I'd steimate his prive at about 7-8 million euros. They appect anything less than that they simply don't know how to negotiate, just like they didn't for Seitaridis getting a petty 3 million E +20% from the next transfer.

Question, will we get a replacement defender??

Nope, only when henriksen retires or leaves will we sign an actual central defender. For now we have to live with goumas, morris,kotsios, and tripotseris/tseberidis(cant remember whcih one is the central defender).

We wont bring in a high profile expensive defender. It will be someone young when they do decide to bring in someone, prolly after Rene leaves, and someone unknown and cheap. But they will turn out to be a great talent - Kyriagkos was unknown young and cheap, Giourkas was, Vyntra is doing well.

It is rumored that PAO will sign ALexopoulos of EGALEO (formerly of PAO) during the summer. AEK is also interested in the player and before the transfer of Kyrgiakos it was almost certain the player was gonna end up to AEK. This is not the case anymore.

I remember him as a young boy in Pao 6 years ago. Everyone said he resembled the style of KALITZAKIS. He was always winning to the ref and had a look in his face like he was ready to cry. It turns out that he has grown into a decent central Defender and could be a good signing for any of the big three next season.

back to the point.....

transfers....

now we need to sell all the rubbish and bring in fresh young greek faces and send all the rubbish like bides and wooter back to teams with the reputations they deserve i mean they have been competing in leagues where it would be absolute 100% miricle if any of their clubs would be competing in the 1/4final of a champions cup

we should try to buy players like mantzios and keep giourkas so we can build for the future.............

Greek Newspapers today reported that although Pao and Egaleo want to go through with the transfer of Alexopoulos, the player has already come to an agreement with AEK for the summer and wants to stick to it.

Pao are officialy looking for a central defender. Abroad and Domesticly.

I would personaly preffer no rush moves to be made (Pao hasn't done any serious scouting for a DC) and give a larger role to Kotsios (he has proved he's worth it)

Maybe the summer would be a better time for that transfer.

Chances are we will not Gekas now.

The coach wants to give a last chance to Olisadebe and the coach of Kalithea said that they couldn't get through the season without Gekas.

Some people say we might bring back Tsigas who is on Loan there instead of Gekas.

Gkekas is going to be better than olisadebe...manoli is always injured, lets take Gkeka and make Dimitri fight for a place at least. Gkekas has so much potential. he kicks ass with kallithea who has no creative midield. with woter, bidis, eki, anderson im sure he can do even better.

Archived