Phantis Forums

Transfers 2005!

m_kafes

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its half way through the season and you can only think of two games were he was playing well. And one of them you only rem bc he did score a nice goal.

Both games were in Europe. What about domestic. In Karaiskaki? Im just getting fed up and impatient with him.

Its half way through the season and you can only think of two games were he was playing well. And one of them you only rem bc he did score a nice goal.

Both games were in Europe. What about domestic. In Karaiskaki? Im just getting fed up and impatient with him.

It is very important when you judge a player to see who is playing well around him what system the team is playing and if that system helps him or not.

So far this season (especially Last month) we have seen Basinas carry the ball a lot more than he used to and tries to get creative whilst Equi is waiting for his passes.

I think the way Scazni tries to play doesn't help Equi either.

I agree he is not in his best form but there are other factors as well.

Most of the time when Equi gets the ball he looks up and sees no one making a run so he decides he has to dribble a bit longer or give the ball back.

When a team has players like Equi the coach should adjust the system so that it helps them.

If you have EQUI - BASINA - ANDERSON in the center that means you have to go forward from there not the sides with Pantelo.

Well said Kafes, this coach or team play, wants to constantly use the side that Munch occupies in order to attack, he is a very good player that is needed in the offense, but not every time!!!!!!!!

Players like Equi, need the ball in order to be effective and in order to create, otherwise they (are and) became a liability defensivelly. If a coach expects that Equi is going to defend and still play an effective creative role, than he has no understanding of the game. He needs to be involved in the build up of the offense and defend occassionally.

I have not seen many counterattacks from PAO nor have I seen a consistency of play coming through the middle.

The players coming out of the back are not looking to the midfielders for support , but rather thay make runs up the sideline, try to cross,or loose the ball , with the result being a counterattack.

On the game versus AEK, PAO was effective when the ball went to the wings from the middle or when they tried the through ball. It is alot easier to defend the crosses and long balls. a lot harder to defend a through ball.

I am still trying to figure out who the ball winner was supposed to be in the PAO lineup. Maybe I am wrong, but both Anderson and Equi along with Basinas are attacking midfielders, and the only defensive midfielder, Munch, was doing most of the attacking. So who was supposed to defend and win balls in the middle of the field, or help out the defense, which looked pathetic at times, especially in the middle, with MORRIS playing like a deer in the headlights.

I agree that you go to war with what you got, but at least have a game plan and include your best players in the plan. Let the other team worry about your best, rather than try to devise ways of hiding them. The good players are only good when they come in contact with the ball. PERIOD As a coach you have plenty of role players that can and will do the dirty work for a win. The good players are the one's that make this game as attractive as it is, or as the Brazilians

say The Beautifull Game. PAO has not been playing the beautifull game so far this year, We as long time supporters that have seen the likes of Domazo, Grammo, Veron, Elefteraki, Rocha, ETC.. demand it.

The hope the arises at the monent is PAO finally havig 2 wingers to play with. Hopefully that sod Scasny can sort the team out. A line-up consisting of :

-----------------------------Galinovic

Vyntra-------------Goumas-----------Kyrgiakos------------Munch

-----------------------------Basinas

Wooter-----------------------------------------------Charalampidis

------------------------------Gonzalez

---------------Konstantinou-------------Papadopoulos

players on the bench such as Sanmartean, Olisadebe, Anderson, Roumpakis, Skacel and Sapanis, Gekas (very possible he will join us now) are not bad options at all.

is very strong to say the least!!! We can attack either through the flanks or straight down the middle.

We have the players to win the title in Greece and do well in Europe. It's all up to the coach now to bring the best out of them. The management has done it's bit strengthening the team and squad and take the total number of transfers to 21 in the last 2 years!!!!

Pana's lineup is starting to take shape.. Evergreen you hit the lineup right on the button Wooter and Bides on the wings.. This team can go places Know.. YOu saw how Bides played today people think he is all hype he talks on the field this kid is amazing.. Pappou eat your words!!!! Go back to studying football because you dont know who is good and who isnt...

bidis how the hell did u see the game??? it wasnt on tv!!!! just the stupid Kallithea- gavros game was on instead, they showed a higlight of konstantinidis accident goal........so i dont think anyone but the fans in Nikaia saw that match.......

but i still saw part of PAO play.........in the kallithea - Gayroi match...

which Kallithea WON 3-2 by the way and if it werent for that pathetic defensive error and shitty Bartzokas kallithea would have knocked OSFP out.........3-3 agg. OSFP gets it on away goals.........

but PAO's youth player TSIGKAS scored a fantastic goal psalidiaki, and then future PAO player GKEKAS had a good game and scored a nice header.....i think with a couple matches and if our new signings are talented as opposed to Konstantinidis and Maric........Gkekas could make Papadopoulos very stressed out and take his starting spot....i woundnt mind, i just want goals,

READ THE ARTICLE ABOUT THE MATCH bIDES WAS ALL OVER THE PITCH.. SKAZNY SAID HE PLAYED AMAZING.. I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS GUY FOR FIVE YEARS..HE IS AN AMAZING TALENT...TEAMS FROM GREECE HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT FOR THREE YEARS KNOW... YOU WILL SEE I LIKE GKEKAS I THINK HE WOULD BE A GREAT ASSIT TO PAO.. SO WILL WOOTER HE WAS ON FIRE IN CYPRUS..THIS GUY GUY CAN DO EVERYTHING SCORE SET UP HE IS A TALENT TO WATCH... ALL THE GREEN FANS WILL BE GREATLY PLEASED........

bidis how the hell did u see the game??? it wasnt on tv!!!! just the stupid Kallithea- gavros game was on instead, they showed a higlight of konstantinidis accident goal........so i dont think anyone but the fans in Nikaia saw that match.......

but i still saw part of PAO play.........in the kallithea - Gayroi match...

which Kallithea WON 3-2 by the way and if it werent for that pathetic defensive error and shitty Bartzokas kallithea would have knocked OSFP out.........3-3 agg. OSFP gets it on away goals.........

but PAO's youth player TSIGKAS scored a fantastic goal psalidiaki, and then future PAO player GKEKAS had a good game and scored a nice header.....i think with a couple matches and if our new signings are talented as opposed to Konstantinidis and Maric........Gkekas could make Papadopoulos very stressed out and take his starting spot....i woundnt mind, i just want goals,

Tsigkas and Gkekas.... FOVEROI!!!!!!! I watched all game with gaurous.... these two guys are AMAZING.... oi pio kaloi ellines epithetikoi.... cant wait till Gkekas comes to PAO...

Bides is right. Although I didnt watch the game yesterday I listened to it on era spor an Xaralampidis was our best player and was one of the few that was trying to make things happen.

Another good factor about Xaralampides, apart from being a very good player (scouting reports from 3 Cypriot friends I have in London) is that he is a die hard PAO fan!!!! It was his dream as a little boy to play for his beleoved club and I can't help in getting excited even more when such a player comes to us. He is thirsty and young and I hope can can offer PAO, what Giorgos Savvidis offered AEK in the late 80's - early 90's scoring 37 goals in 135 league games!!! (that is exceptional for a midfielder!!!)

Let's not all jump on him and add extra pressure if he has a couple great games and then several quiet ones because there is tonnes of pressure playing for a club like PAO.

Pappou, it's fine holding back when a lot is said about a new player from a compatriot but let's wait before we make judgements.

Bides, what are Wooter's and Charalampides' games played and goal scoring records so far this season?

Zuta leaving!!!! :tup: Life is getting better everyday for me! Just one worry. Sounds like Wooter is pretty promising, but I remembered him from his days at Watford and he wasn't all that impressive there. Granted, the EPL is much harder than Alpha Ethniki but, when they dropped down to D1, he didn't do too much either. I just hope he's worth it.

just heard the rumour that osfp was also interested in getting wooter, but didnt move on because they had some information that he leads a quite excessive life besides the football.

could be a reason why he made the big carreer he did and went from ajax over some other team and finally to the european superpower anorthisis famagusta. ;)

to be honest i have no idea about this guy if he is any good. i hope he wont be. :P

im not sure if hes any good... i dont think he will be though, he seems to be one of those 'passerby' players that used to play in good teams then moved to crap and are given their second chance at PAO...like Maric....

also hes right sided player.......which means we still have no left side, unless anderson can take it.

Bides is right. Although I didnt watch the game yesterday I listened to it on era spor an Xaralampidis was our best player and was one of the few that was trying to make things happen.

Another good factor about Xaralampides, apart from being a very good player (scouting reports from 3 Cypriot friends I have in London) is that he is a die hard PAO fan!!!! It was his dream as a little boy to play for his beleoved club and I can't help in getting excited even more when such a player comes to us. He is thirsty and young and I hope can can offer PAO, what Giorgos Savvidis offered AEK in the late 80's - early 90's scoring 37 goals in 135 league games!!! (that is exceptional for a midfielder!!!)

Let's not all jump on him and add extra pressure if he has a couple great games and then several quiet ones because there is tonnes of pressure playing for a club like PAO.

Pappou, it's fine holding back when a lot is said about a new player from a compatriot but let's wait before we make judgements.

Bides, what are Wooter's and Charalampides' games played and goal scoring records so far this season?

BIDES CAN Start for any team in Greece my friend.. He won the player of the year award in Cyprus.. He is the most hyped up Greek Cypriot player since Konstantinou.. He has more talent then Mihalaki as well.. If you have not seen the kid play dont talk.. He had three goals in the Cypriot League with about ten assists.. He plays with passion and he always makes things happen.. He has very good skill with a great shot..

Wooter is exactly like Clarence Seedorf.. Very good skill , very fast and imaginatative..I think he had like 7 goals.. He is a great asset to any team.. Hey Pappou you will see Bides starting On Sunday vs Ofi.. Have fun watching him..

Bides also scored two goals against Sparta Prague in the Champions League..the flip he does on his website is from the goal he scored in Prague..

This kid is die hard Green, always was always will be.. Also Wooter wants to prove his worth in Europe.. Which he will!!!

Archived