Phantis Forums

Transfers 2005!

m_kafes

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question:

Come January: who do you think pao will go after?? what position and what kind of players and Nashos will they be??

I belive will probably get no more then 5 new players and let go of about 3 players...

Thats just too much transfer activity for a mid season transfer window. It would be hard to get rid of three players in one window, and it actually doesnt look like they have their intentions set on letting anyone go as yet.

As for who they will pick up, I think another midfielder and defender. One will definately be Sth American as thats the place we seem to hit some transfer success from. Two players would be good, it would not disrupt the team too much and its prolly what we need as well.

Plus, we also must take into consideration if we would be Europe or not. Than eligibilty comes into. And if we are in Europe, what type of player do we need to buy so that we can have an impact.

As for names...Im just as clueless as you are. My money is on one Sth American though.

Question:

Come January: who do you think pao will go after?? what position and what kind of players and Nashos will they be??

I belive will probably get no more then 5 new players and let go of about 3 players...

I think they will suprise us once again....i see only two competitive players coming...more mite come but they will just be side names...like when we got gittas etc ( though i like gittas very much and still do...)

Option 1...slightly known south american mid 20's ...of whom will go phwoaaahhh what a player we got.

Option 2.... Pull another sanmartean on us...Some guy we never heard of...we see him play he is awesome...but we see him once a month.

Option 3. Mitsou comes out and says we couldnt find anybody with the qualities we want...our team is strong enough to win the CL as it is.

Option 4. ...the suprise we usually cop..which leaves us with migraines for weeks after their annnouncement.

Karagounis was best on ground today for Inter after doing very well the previous game. Mancini might finally wake up and play players on performance over reputation. For me Veron is shot as a player. Karagounis has proven time nad time again he is a very good european class player.

If I was recruiting for PAO Id be looking for some speed on the flanks in the mid-field. How good was Koolka when we had him? Forward line is very good, defence is solid and the middle of the mid-field is very strong with Gonzales and Basinas. Dont know about Skacel yet and the rest I have seen range from serviceable to below average with Sanmartean the exception when he plays.

There is another possibility Kojak.

6)Get OFI players such as Roubakis or Triantafilou. I heared something recently for Roubakis, right?

covered that possibility by mentioning side names...eg gittas...guys we sign like roubakis..who sit on the bench never get a chance....

Heard Mariano Gonzalaez (Eki's bro) played a ripper for Palermo

Reckon he would come to play with us as well?

He is in one of the best leagues in the world but playing for a crap team with no CL or Euro hopes

Its sort of a catch 22 situation

:blink:

Forget it guys. We went after Mariano during the summer but preffered to go to Palermo (not just any team mind you ... the Mafia team) rather than join his cousin (not brother) Equi.

Frankly I don't see any big moves made in January (probably a couple of players from the Greek market) To tell you the truth I don't expect any good transfers before we sort out the New Stadium. I cannot see the transfer budget rise before the income of the club rises significantly (sorry guys those are the rules of the market) :(

We signed gonzalez with the current transfer budget..dont be so quick to rule out decent transfers. There are plenty players who can improve the team...at reasonable transfer fees.

Big moves are those who perform well for the club instantly..whether its an estonian or a greek, it doesnt matter.

m_kafes we never offered for mariano, he did not pick palermo over pao. But anywayz he is contracted to palermo so, the odds are slim.

There are other players available in the south american market, who do fit in our budget. so unlike m_kafes im not goin to tell you guys to forget it, or not expect any decent transfer/s.

Someone worthy will come in january.

Don't get me wrong KJ... I am Not saying that I wouldn't like some big signings this winter. I just don't see it happen.

Regarding Mariano I am almost certain we tried to sign him last summer just before Palermo got in the picture.

I wouldn't mind us signing someone like Tziolis (that surely can't be considered a big signing) and Pappas from Greece and then make some big moves this summer when most of our Palta run out of their contracts and a lot more transfer and wages money will be available.

i was just sitting here...trying to get my mind of the disappointing result...and i thought to myself...whom i couldnt care less if they left the team. Mind you im not saying get rid of them cause that would be suicide..you need depth but....yeah.

Galinovic

Debbah Niren

Epalle

Zutautas

Mitu

Raguel

Maric

Andric

Konstantinidis

Kotsios

Sapanis

Bikowksi

And i ask myself, isnt that an unusually high number of players, that i couldnt give a rats ass about. And i say again, im not saying get rid of them,cause at times they are useful.

i was just sitting here...trying to get my mind of the disappointing result...and i thought to myself...whom i couldnt care less if they left the team. Mind you im not saying get rid of them cause that would be suicide..you need depth but....yeah.

Galinovic

Debbah Niren

Epalle

Zutautas

Mitu

Raguel

Maric

Andric

Konstantinidis

Kotsios

Sapanis

Bikowksi

And i ask myself, isnt that an unusually high number of players, that i couldnt give a rats ass about. And i say again, im not saying get rid of them,cause at times they are useful.

Hey Kojak,

for those 12...bring me 6 much better players and promote 6 youths from academy...

and we are fine B)

Galinovic

Debbah Niren

Epalle

Zutautas

Mitu

Raguel

Maric

Andric

Konstantinidis

Kotsios

Sapanis

Bikowksi

also we must keep:

Kotsios

Sapanis

I don't agree with Maric either, along with Kotsios and Sapanis.

You misunderstood what i said.

I didnt say get rid of them...i said i wouldnt be that disappointed if the left. simple as that.

Dont tell me you would feel bad at losing kotsio, sapanis, maric, as you would a dozen others eg.paps, gonz, mihali, kirgia,etc

well that all depends on who comes in to replace them

Yeah thats right, but still, i mean i wouldnt get rid of paps even if you gave me crespo.

But an average, south american or younger greek players, could easily replace half the guys i mentioned, and do better for the team.

The following is merely a list of players whos contract has yet to be renewed and are free on bosman in the summer. I havent filtered the names for unrealistic targets so, dont jump on me by saying as if we are gonna get him or him or wateva.

Edwin Van der sar GK

Alessandro Pistone DF

Fernando Ricksen DF/R

Mauricio Taricco DF

Arne Freidrich CD

Andre Bergdolmo LB

Dede DF/L

Bradley Carnell LB

Edu CM

Igor Biscan

Thomas Gravesen CM

Dmitri Khokhlov AMC

Bernd Schneider AMR

Pierre van Hooijdoink

Giovane Elber SC

John Hartson SC

Shabani Nonda SC

Ze Roberto LW

Dietmar Hamman DMC

Joos Valgaeren CD

Stephane Henchoz CD

Olivier Bernard LB

Youri Djorkaeff FW

Fransesco Antonioli GK

Roberto Bonano GK

Cafu RWB

Jackie McNamara RWB

And many many more.

Dude if you add all these guys (just the raelistic ones) you get the age of Acropolis.

PAO has proven that he has stoped going after has beens and furthermore other than the transfer money all these guys would command very large contracts cause the are big names

Regarding the "wouldn't care if we lost them" list you came up with I do not agree with many names.

Konstantinidis (I would like to keep him - for the right price- provided that Munch has shown that age is catching up with him)

Kotsios (Find me a better leftfooted DC for the same money and then ok maybe we discuss it again)

Sapanis (Thank God for Sapanis that we are not 8 Years without a Championship-He's been consistently one of the best players last season)

As for Galinovic Andric Mitu and Bikowski I am not happy with them but I haven't seen all that much of them to be conclusive as to weather they could stay or be any help. We have given much more time to players who haven't played half as good as Bikowski has.

Personally I would be very happy if Epalle and Demba went away

WE GOTTA STOP SOUNDING LIKE GAVROI FOR CHRISTS SAKE (we cannot ask for the Heads of half the Team everytime something goes bad)

Dude if you add all these guys (just the raelistic ones) you get the age of Acropolis.

PAO has proven that he has stoped going after has beens and furthermore other than the transfer money all these guys would command very large contracts cause the are big names

Regarding the "wouldn't care if we lost them" list you came up with I do not agree with many names.

Konstantinidis (I would like to keep him - for the right price- provided that Munch has shown that age is catching up with him)

Kotsios (Find me a better leftfooted DC for the same money and then ok maybe we discuss it again)

Sapanis (Thank God for Sapanis that we are not 8 Years without a Championship-He's been consistently one of the best players last season)

As for Galinovic Andric Mitu and Bikowski I am not happy with them but I haven't seen all that much of them to be conclusive as to weather they could stay or be any help. We have given much more time to players who haven't played half as good as Bikowski has.

Personally I would be very happy if Epalle and Demba went away

WE GOTTA STOP SOUNDING LIKE GAVROI FOR CHRISTS SAKE (we cannot ask for the Heads of half the Team everytime something goes bad)

siga re as if we are gonna become like the gavroi , i was just mentioning guys that i wouldnt be that unhappy if they left( considering we gett replacements.) whereas regardless of who would replace someone like paps i still wouldnt be happy he left.

Obviously i wouldnt want all of them to leave...especially kotsios, sapanis, ive even started to like maric and bikowski. But that is beside the point i was making. Frankly they dont play enough to warrant any sort of widespread appeal amongst fans, other than sapanis, and lately kotsios/maric that was just my point. I still believe we need a few of those players.

As for the bosman list, i didnt even read the names, i just copied them and pasted them in. So if the are all useless...old...high wages i didnt even look, it was just merely a discussion tool, keep th topic going, nothing related to my opinion.

The following is merely a list of players whos contract has yet to be renewed and are free on bosman in the summer. I havent filtered the names for unrealistic targets so, dont jump on me by saying as if we are gonna get him or him or wateva.

Edwin Van der sar GK

Alessandro Pistone

Edu CM

Igor Biscan

Bernd Schneider AMR

Pierre van Hooijdoink

Giovane Elber SC

John Hartson SC

Shabani Nonda SC

Ze Roberto LW

Dietmar Hamman DMC

Stephane Henchoz CD

Olivier Bernard LB

Youri Djorkaeff FW

Roberto Bonano GK

Cafu RWB

And many many more.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Keep dreaming my friend... Dreaming dont cost anything!! :P

PS: If I see Elber or Cafu signed by Mr Vardinogiannis, I promise to come in this forum and write and shout with my loudest voice Long Live Panathinaikos.

Archived