Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

So on a whim I decided to look up what Pozoglou is doing these days. He's apparently playing for "Veria NPS." I legit had no idea that the OG Veria had dissolved in 2018, and that he (and Vellidis! And Skondras' brother!) are playing for this new team in the third division. I'm guessing this is just a rebranding of the original one?

• Like it 1

Yeah it's re-branding of the old Veroia with a new tax ID number after it was run to the ground by the current O Aris owner Karypidis. He basically used the old Veroia as the stepping stone to gain control of his current team. 

• Thanks 1

Painful watching these teams play. They are both as bad as each other except Apollon can keep the ball better.

Full time 0-1 and there is one of the 5 Greek teams out. This is what happens when a crime organisation takes over the football scene of a country and "dominates" for 25 years.

And there goes the second Greek team (along with their 100-year unbeaten record at home). Absolutely shocking and just shows what state Greek football is in.

I wonder how Karipidis will pay the new players now that there will no be income from Europe 🤔

22 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Watching the Olympiakos - Omonia game and Olympiakos is winning with a "moufa" penalty. I would be ashamed to be winning games in that manner. The refs did not even consult VAR. 

That was terrible live and worse on replay. Olympiakos was better and deserved to win handily but that was absurd.

2 hours ago, Soprano76 said:

Olympiakos has a high club co-efficient, I believe.

I think club co-efficient is used more for group stage seeding, and pool seeding for playoff round draws. While the League co efficient decides which qualifying rounds a Champion must participate in. Correct me if I am wrong anyone.

It has to do with UEFA country coefficient. The reason Olympiakos jumped one round was because a spot opened up after a team from one of the countries in the 1-12 rankings got a direct spot in the group stage.

• Like it 2