Phantis Forums

Friendly: Turkey-greece (17 Nov 2015, Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium)

Greekaroos

I have also believed that the results v FI, NI, Luxe, Finland are very similar to the heart attack results over the previous years..

The two 1-0 wins in Malta,  the 1-1 home v Georgia, the 1-0 and 2-0 v Liechtenstein, the 1-0 v Latvia, the 1-2 v Latvia and and Georgia.... 1-0 at Lithuania....all of these performances from a footballing sense were very similar to the disasters v Faroes, NI, Finland...

I can't really say that we were any better or worse.....we were horrible at times pulling off those wins....

the game in Belfast is a classic case of had it been played pre 2014 and we scored from any of our first half chances we would have won it easily... yet the performance was still questionable...

to me the players do not seem to have the right approach... i watched Sweden v Denmark this morning and the intensity that these guys were going at.... is on a different planet to what we have done in 10 years..

• Like it 1

What was he impressed with exactly? His sidewards and backwards passing? He offered absolutely nothing and as a matter of fact the articles say when he came

on in the 60th min our attack was cut in half and we didn't muster any more opportunities. What was there to like? Our midfield has to be Samaris, Tachtsidis and Fortounis

worked very well vs Hungary. I would put Ninis on the wing as he always has good chemistry with Mitroglou.

• Like it 2

I would be amazed if this team actually got their sh*t together and won this game coming up, but I wont hold my breathe.

Even with our best 11 we couldn't beat Faroe Islands let alone any other team in our Euro group except me to zori in the last game vs Hungary who had already a qualifying spot sewn up, even with our best 11 we conceded goals, cant see what will change that for this game....

Our players need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise they are representing their nation and they should do it with pride if not f*ck off and stick to playing for your club.

• Like it 1

Even with our best 11 we couldn't beat Faroe Islands let alone any other team in our Euro group except me to zori in the last game vs Hungary who had already a qualifying spot sewn up, even with our best 11 we conceded goals, cant see what will change that for this game....

We were missing Holebas, Tachtsidis, Fortounis, Pelkas ALL players who MUST be starting. That's 4 of 11. 

I didn't mind playing Fetfatzidis though, I'm a fan. The fact that he's in Saudi Arabia gives him more energy to play hard for the ethiniki.

We saw how clubless players were able to turn it up to the ethiniki. A controversial statement, but a true one.

We need to face the fact that we will not be competitive or see another major tournament for years to come. There is no quick fix here and the longer you go by not fielding your best players you have the longer you leave them out with no NT experience. Realistically even the best players we have right now are still not good enough but I would rather be losing with young guys that have the potential then guys like tziolis. This is an absolute nightmare.

based on the latest test by skibbe we could see this line up or formation tomorrow.

a 3-6-1 or so. great line up except for tziolis offcourse but petsos could start instead of him , lets hope so.

-----------------------------------------karnezis---------------------------------

-------------------papadopoulos-----manolas--------sokratis--------------

torosidis----------------------------------------------------------------holebas

------------------------tziolis/petsos--------------samaris/petsos-----------

------------------------------ninis--------------fortounis------------------------

--------------------------------------mitroglou-----------------------------------

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/ethniki/3122387

gazetta comes today with a slightly different line up then i posted yesterday that was written by sport.fm.

--------------------------------------------karnezis-----------------------------------

----------------------papadopoulos-----manolas----------sokratis--------------

torosidis---------------------------------------------------------------------holebas

------------------------tziolis--------samaris-------tachtsidis/petsos-------------

--------------------------------------------fortounis-----------------------------------

------------------------------------------athanasiadis--------------------------------

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/832998/ethniki-omada-thorakismeni-stin-toyrkia