Phantis Forums

Friendly: Turkey-greece (17 Nov 2015, Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium)

Greekaroos

Skibbe is a dud from what I can see.

The squad has a loser mentality and was looking for a 0-0 draw, even wasting time. Can't see us doing anything great any time soon.

Tziolis now goes over 2 years without a win playing for the Ethniki...

This why I predicted a 0-0. Skibbe never wanted to get humiliated in Turkey. The plan was to get a 0-0. Show no ambition or any sense of wanting to win but not get embarrassed.

The Turks don't have the greatest opinion of him as a coach so his goal was to shut up and not play.

Way too predictable. Now let's make Bosnia look like a decent team.

All too depressing.

gobble gobble  easily had the most chances although given the hostile environment Hellas did well. That element over there will always show it's true colours given a chance. They booed the minute silence for the French. Hope the mongrels have a massive earthquake over there.

• Like it 1

haha F*** that. smart smart move. we simply cannot lose to the turks. a 0-0 draw is super important.

we showed how robust our defense can be against at team that's score in EVERY game they've been in this year and top form.

For us, this is a good thing.

it was most likely that we were going to LOSE today guys. this draw is a god send lol. 

now we just gotta work on beefing up the attack. 

mitroglou is trying hard out there, he's getting NO service. we need fortounis, ninis, tachtsidis, pelkas/mantalos, samaris all out there at once.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

couldn't be happier with the result. If we need to play like this to get results so be it. that is the only way we are going to get back on our feet with confidence. there no point to keep trying new things we all know what are our strong points and our weak points. if we don't cop a goal cause we are playing defensively we still get a point. hopefully we can get a inform striker and start playing counter style soccer again.

• Like it 1

5 defenders should mean that the midfield should be from back to front : Tachtsidis , Samaris Fortounis , Pelkas . 5 -4 -1  I liked the fact that we played mostly with passes nad not with crosses from our Left-Right backs. This coach is showing good signs. But The turks did 5 changes , why did we do 3 and one in the last minutes. Why not pelkas instead of siovas or Tzavellas.

Overall I think the coach understands we suck aggressively and he focuses on defence, technically speaking , having taken some draws from the Finlanders- Faroe Islands - Romanians , could have us in Euros right now.

Kudos to him for not using Klaus and using Giannou. He is fast, and since we have no real killer atm at least put someone who can move and play with the others.

I liked the fact that he used players like tziolis,Siovas , Kapino vs Luxembourg , i was hoping he d never use them again as starters (kapino i dont care much really) . But Tziolis seems to have a visma or what.

Man to man marking is out dated and inflexible. I didn't watch this match but it had the fingerprints of Rehhagel all over it. That whiteboard may as well have been written by Topalidis. Umlauts all over it.

We make these teams look like world beaters. Can we put some perspective in to our comments, please?! I predicted a 0-0 because my logic told me that whenever we have been humiliated we've come back and played not to lose. The 0-0 versus Poland in that recent friendly. The 0-0 against Romania away. The 0-0 against Hungary. If you consider that Skibbe is considered a bit of a joke in Turkey due to his lacklustre career there, we were always going to play to not lose!

Forgetting that we finished last in a group that contained the Faroe Islands, let's analyse our opponents:

Turkey finished 3rd in their group! Third!!! We played ultra defensive against a team that if it wasn't for us beating Hungary would have had to play a knockout match.

I am not happy with not losing today. It was a friendly. We aren't going to the Euro so we should have played an experimental side. Skibbe needs to see what he has. What is the point of playing a Vydra or Tziolis other than to play it to safe???

Why are we pleased with a sub-par 0-0 against a team like Turkey? They aren't Spain or Germany FFS!

The only positive I got from today is that Giannou played which the g*****enoi Australoi can forget about him now!

Trying to stay on side with you akriti, but you go out of your way to be offensive, yes you have made your intentions clear. There are multiple Ethniki fans from Australia on this forum, even though you post from your bedroom and not have any regard for anyone.. May Giannou have a long career with the Ethniki, the g...,,noi Australie have other strikers to call upon.

Edited by ausgreek

ausgreek, I was ridiculed by people for predicting a 0-0. I don't want to offend anyone but it's a forum where we all express our opinions. My opinions are just better argued or considered than certain others.

I don't care for Australian football. I have been involved in it for over 30 years. I am Greek. I support the nation of Hellas with all the problems that come with that.

Sorry for offending you but don't take it personally. Enjoy the 4-0 against the mighty Bangladesh and have a wank at the Lowy and Les Murray shrine.

BTW, I don't post from my bedroom. My mama takes my phone from me.

• Like it 1