Phantis Forums

Friendly: Turkey-greece (17 Nov 2015, Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium)

Greekaroos

our defensive mids go like this imo 1. Samaris 2. Tachtsidis 3. Maniatis 4. Tziolis

since Maniatis is injured, Tziolis is a shoe-in sorry to tell ya.

not a fan, but he has a nice hard long shot, decent tackling, strength, presence.

This is true buy he has not gotten into a position to shoot since the Nigeria game in 2010

for Paok? Surely. He also scored that goal against Ecuador (But that was still 4 years ago LOL)

it doesn't really matter, he's only called up mostly because Maniatis is injured.

Tachtsi and Samaris are our starters for the next 4 years at least.

Wow. I almost forgot about Petsos too. I haven't seen him play but obviously more promising than Tziolis now.

Better than Tachtsi and Samaris? I'd say no right now, but maybe.

Edited by georgelaz

I really hope I'm wrong but I'm not as confident that all of a sudden we are going to snap our fingers and be a better team. Yes we barely beat Hungary at home for our only win, yes we scored a shocking 4 goals, yes a few guys looked really good like tach/pelkas/fourt. We still allowed 3 s%$#! goals against, we still looked very unorganized in our back end. The Hungary game to me was just one of those pond hockey style games with end to end chances that happened to go in the net. I would have rather won 2-0 with a stunning team performance from the back to the front. I still think we look like one of the weakest teams defensively and we still look very poor offensively, One game won't change my mind. Its going to take time and allot of work to restore this team and its style. I hope the new coach has at least some idea of how are team is built and what makes us successful. If he comes here and preaches attack attack we are F***ed. I know we have mixed reviews on here about what style we should play, for me it's simple playing solid D is what made us qualify for major tournaments and climb the Fifa rankings not our offense. I would love to see us as an attacking team, but it needs to start from back end first and right now our back end and our mid is playing like s%$#!. I hope Skibbe has a solid blue print on how to make our team successful again, because we do have SOME useful pieces still.

Hope Tziolis gets to wear the armband when he gets on in the 70 minute mark. Manolas's star keeps growing the more he doesn't play. He has been touted as a captain now. If he misses another six games, he will run the EPO as well.

• Like it 2

If Hellas lose to goble goble 4-0 it's because of this. Let me explain it in this way; In my work place, which I've been for 15 years, I observed over and over that the Anglos stick solid, the Polynesians stick solid, the Mid-Easterns stick solid and the Greeks stick with those who it suits individually, no passion or loyalties in general. Turks will have a ton of spirit, the Greeks will smoke cigars, post selfies and tell the girls they play ball for the country.     

I think Greeks stick together better than the Italians, French, or English. 

The only exception I would say is the Jews stick together better than the Greek. That's it.

The Turks almost lost to Qatar. The salvaged their game in 70th minute.

I don't see them blowing us out, but I see them beating us 1-0 or 2-0. Our Defense is solid.

Don't forget. Karnezis, Torosidis, Sokratis, Ninis, Manolas did not start. That's half of our starting 11 not starting.

We've yet to see a full powered Greece in 2 years. There's always been 2-4 key players missing, often more.

Need Fortounis, Mantalos Giannou, Ninis and Manolas (his legend keeps growing) to grace us with their presence against goble goble.

Still got a man-crush on Maniati, hope he gets back to the team and continues to  tell off his teammates and the refs alike.