Phantis Forums

Friendly: Turkey-greece (17 Nov 2015, Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium)

Greekaroos

Sokratis is also close to 30 @ausgreek.

Anyways , Id like to see such a scheme , Torosidis still can be used a bit up front ,and soon be replaced by kitsiou
Karnezis
Manolas - Sokratis - Papadopoulos(Siovas when Kyriakos injured)

Torosidis- Taxtsidis - Samaris - Cholevas

Pelkas/Mantalos - Fortounis

Literally anyone 

In the Literally everyone would like to see one of the : Mitroglou - Giannou - Vellios - Karelis

this is the most deffencive thing we got , 1-0 vs  all other mediocre to baD teams of our group should be easy.

Belgium however is another story, 2 draws won't be enough with them.

The group is easy so it's a nice start , if the group we ended up was hard our miserable form would probably continue.

we play with Belgium at 25th March of 2017. It's good that we ll be playing the teams from worst to better : Cyprus(home) - Estonia(away) Bosnia(home). If we go fine in these first matches,  mentality will grow and we could see the team back in form.

still 4th place to iraklis's 11th. 

Germany lost to Ireland too, can't say that Ireland knows more about the game than Germany because of one game.

In a season sometimes you drop points to on paper weaker sides, that's why the game is played.

I'm pretty confident pao will finish either 2nd or 3rd this season in the end.

Edited by georgelaz

You're not seeing the analogy properly. I'm not comparing Germany to Pao. That would be stupid.

I'm comparing a team who on paper should win, losing to a team that on paper, wasn't predicted to win. 

Not sure if you're doing that on purpose to win the argument but you're twisting the analogy in a way that it wasn't supposed to be perceived and used.

Not sure which games you were watching, but iraklis did not outplay pao. they got the win of course, but outplaying is very generous statement, unless your definition is outplaying is simply getting the win. I think Pao were slightly unlucky to not get the win, but Iraklis weren't massively outclassed either, they played OK.

I think PAOK & Pao will catch up and go a little higher than the current table. We aren't even half way through the season, a lot can happen.

Panionios is probably punching above their weight right now, don't think it can be sustained all season.

Aek is doing well as i predicted before the season start. i predicted they'd finish 3rd.

Edited by georgelaz

• 2 weeks later...

Rockafeller take it easy bro Sokratis is 27. Mas ton ekanes 30 already. Three more years plus he's a defender so his soccer life span is longer than a forwards.

True. Didn't phrase it well. What I meant is that at the next world cup qualifiers , he will reach his 30s. Thing is our defence is hanging on him too much  , like Argentina is to Messi ,so it ll be troubling to replace him if no world star CB appears till then.

My bad on not stating things correctly.

• 5 months later...

Lost the game on paper 3:0 and fined 4,000 Euro by FIFA for fielding a ineligible player in the game. 

The player in question was Giannou, who had not right to play for the Greek national team since he played in several Australian youth national teams.

THE ABSOLUTE KSEFTILA BY EPO AND THE PUPPET GIRTZIKIS.

It's really odd. If it's a failure of EPO then it's the failure of the administration of 2008 that never confirmed his status. He played dozens more matches for the youth teams of Greece than Australia.

SDNA want to make it a Girtzikis issue but they are flatly wrong on this. Yes EPO are corrupt and bumbling but the whole world knows what FIFA is.

For the the sake of fairness I hope they can appeal because as a procedural issue it goes back to 2008. 8 years ago FFS! Do all those u19 and u21 matches he played in get forfeited to the opposition?

Giannou is and never was worth the risk. OK he was picked on form but he can suck a knob. He can't score in China and I'll chuckle to myself if he doesn't go to the world cup and then can have a try out to play for an A-League team.

f*cking

Apparently theres probably something to be done, like throwing the blame on the manager. Besides, they are the ones who get the call-ups and inform their players. If he didn't know his shiet, or just used the national teams to give attention to his player *WOOOOW a guy wanted by both Australia and Greek NT must be good!!!*. Apparently the fish fell for it and he got a shiny move to china.

Read an article that said EPO hadn't filed the paperwork to get Giannou a "change of nationality" since he had played for Australia in an official youth tournament. So basically incompetence by our governing body, no real shocks there

Apparently theres probably something to be done, like throwing the blame on the manager. Besides, they are the ones who get the call-ups and inform their players. If he didn't know his shiet, or just used the national teams to give attention to his player *WOOOOW a guy wanted by both Australia and Greek NT must be good!!!*. Apparently the fish fell for it and he got a shiny move to china.

I almost felt sorry for him last night. He was very bad. Didnt look worthy of being on that stage.

He's going to be a millionaire I guess so life's good.