Phantis Forums

AEK Signings

AEKARA-YIA-PANTA

We have our new coach and a couple of signings. I'm still waiting for AEK to make a big splash this off-season. After selling Katsouranis, it should leave the team to some big signings.

I haven't heard anything about Ailton in awhile. It seems as if that deal is dead. Diego's injured knee ended any speculation to that deal.

Also, there's some questions about our current roster. Is Vengliskyi going anywhere?? Will the team sell Sorrentino and Cirillo???

I truly believe that AEK must look at some of their youngsters. Ferrer as a coach likes youth. If you ask me, get rid of Cirillo and use the duo of Moras-Alexopolous in the back. Last season, we wasted the opportunity to get youngsters like Pliatsikas, Kone, and Papastothopolos crucial playing time and experience. Even Kyriakidis saw limited action. And, what happened to Bourbos????

I see a different AEK squad for the next season. One with youth and one that will play with heart as the AEK squad of 2004-2005. Demis started everything off with bringing in the right coach with the right strategy. Now, we need to follow-up with some crucial signings.

Who would you like to see up front....Salpigidis....Wanchope (Costa Rican)....Venglisyi...Lyberopolous?????

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it looks like we are going to go for the youth tactic, which in my view is really good. However, if we lose Katsouranis, i believe we need to bring in an experienced (25-27yr old) player who has really good credentials to help the team. You need a blend of youth and experience, but preferable not 34 year old experience, preferable someone that is around 27ish.

Anyways, AEK have signed Hungarian Midfielder Daniel Tozser, who is a 21 year old that has played for the U-21 Hungarian National Side. In the interview that he gave he sounded like an ambitious player that will give his all for AEK. Does anyone know much about this player, will he fit straight into our first team (providing they give him a chance), or will he need to be developed???

Also, AEK has anounced the signing of long time target Perparim Hetemaj. He is a 19 year old Finish player and has really big raps as being a star of the future. Apparently he is a bit arrogant, so he could be a flop, but if he is given the chance, excells and gets his confidence up, this could be a great signing for AEK!!

So, by looking at this, AEK have gone for youth.

We have young players like Tozser, Hetemaj, Kone, Pliatsikas, Kiriakidis, Bourbos, Kapetanos, Papastathopoulos and Komvolidis.

Obviouly our Tozser, Hetemaj, Kapetanos and Kiriakidis will be in the front of the line to play first, hopefully Ferrer gives them a chance, and the AEK board gives him a chance to play them.

We also have another tier of players who are middle of the range with regards to their age. I think we should aim to build a squad out of these players, rather than going for Baidaid players.

Sorrentino (27yrs), Venglinskyi (28 yrs), Moras (25 yrs), Tziortziopoulos (28yrs) Katsouranis (27 yrs)*, Chanko (27 yrs) and Cezar (26yrs).

*Katsouranis will probably go to some German club, but if he stays for some reason, he might end up seeing out his career with AEK!!

We then have the next level of players who are older, and should play, but not make up the whole first team. They will be able to teach some of these younger players a lot, and if a few are mixed into the first team, they will be able to help the youngsters on the pitch!!

Cirillo (29yrs), Alexopolous (29 yrs), Ivic (29yrs), Lakis (30yrs), Chiotis (29 yrs), Emerson (34yrs), Georgeas (30 yrs), Lyberopolous (31yrs) and Dellas (30yrs).

In my opinion you cannot play all these players at once, it will be a step backward s for AEK. Emerson, Lyberopolous and Dellas would definatley all be valuable players for AEK in the starting line up, whilst you could rotate a bit through the rest so you can intermingle them with the younger playrs.

Malbasa (30yrs), Soares (33yrs) and Sampanis (30yrs) cant really offer AEK much i dont think. If we keep them i hope they prove me wrong!!!!

So hopefully we go for youth, however, if we play some older experienced players in the Qualifier to make the Champions League, i wont mind as long as we make it!!! But after that we should be playing the younger players more frequently, like in 2004. By the way, does anyone know what Bruno Alves is doing these days. He is the Young Porto Centre Back AEK loaned 2 seasons ago. I liked him very much, he played for the AEK shirt, always tried and was very good. I wonder what the chances of AEK getting him are??

Crucial Signings??

Well, the way i see it we need a right back for sure, and maybe cover for Tziortziopoulos at left back incase he is not fit. Emerson can play the defensive midfielders role that will probably be vacated by Katsouranis. So, the way i see it, we need to get a "high class" attacking midfielder with those extra $$$. Someone not too old!! Does anyone know if AEK is scouting a player like this???

Who would i like to see upfront??

Lyberopolous and Venglinskyi will be good upfront, but we need another striker i feel, more a finisher!!!

Wanchop??? He is old, would be a backward step. I hope this has not come up because of the 2 goals he scored against Germany?? Because if you watched him last night against Ecuador, he was not good at all!! So no, not Wanchop.

Salpigidis would be a fairly good option. Greek, fairly young, will probably start playing in the National team more.

Although Ailton is oldish, i think he is a great player. Some of the goals he scored for Bremen a few seasons ago, with his quick acceleration. I think he would be a good aquisition!!! However, it seems that has fallen through, so maybe Salpigidis would be a good option. What about the tall striker that played for the Czech Republic the other day when Koller got injured?? I think he plays for some Austrian side??? He would be a different player, lots of height!!

Does anyone know of any more transfers on the horizon, or have any suggestions as to who you think AEK should look at signing???

Anyway, it will be a very interesting season. I am looking forward to see how Ferrer handles the side, the pressure from AEK fans to perform, if he plays some youngsters which has been promised for a few seasons now, if we qualify for the Champions League Group Stage and how well we do if we make it.

What frustrated me last season with regard to playing youngsters was that we didnt even give them a fair go when we were playing in the Greek Cup against 3rd division sides, or when we were playing league games at home against teams in the bottom 4 of the table!!

Cant wait for the season to start, it is still a fair way away. Does anyone know of any frienldys that have been arranged, because in my opinion we should play lots, due to the fact that our season starts latter, so we are ready for the Champions League Qualifier!!

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

Damianos just a reminder Soares and Malbasa don't belong to AEK any more. They are gone from the team. Sapanis is on his way out too. I agree with eveyrone so far with the signings but i still beleive that we need a player or two with a big name to make a diffrence. Ailton to me will be a good signing so will be Salpigidis but then we also have Lybe,Kapetanos,Venliski(if he stays)Ailton and Salpigidi. 5 strikers!!! Do we really need that many? I think we need couple of players for the midfield spot and maybe a defender. Our deffence is strong with Cirrilo, Alexopoulo,Georgea and a healthy Della. Ferrer is a verry good couch and i trust him in the decisions that he will make. Time will tell for our signings this year. No matter who comes or goes one thing is for sure AEKARA S'AGAPO

Bruno Alves is still with Porto these days. There were rumors earlier that he may return to Greece and play for either Olympiacos or AEK. Those rumors are now dead in the water.

With Paok's future looking even more uncertain, I think Salpigidis would be the best option for AEK. Maybe Zagorakis can talk him into playing for AEK!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know how though... of with exactly how much money...

Lagos renewed his contract with Hra last season so Hraklis will ask an arm and a leg for him...

So I find it a bit tough for AEK to be able to lure him in...

Iraklis want 1 million for Lagos, and might be willing to give Abaris (who we're also interested in) for around 500,000.

actually all those players are fantastic- i doubt aek will get them all...

Abaris is one i do hope goes to AEK and Sorrentino leaves.....the ethniki needs one of the younger keepers to play at one of the big clubs...

but latest name on papers is Antonito.....great player but i would be pretty shocked to see him in Greece...

Anyways, AEK have signed Hungarian Midfielder Daniel Tozser, who is a 21 year old that has played for the U-21 Hungarian National Side. In the interview that he gave he sounded like an ambitious player that will give his all for AEK. Does anyone know much about this player, will he fit straight into our first team (providing they give him a chance), or will he need to be developed???

Daniel Tozser was signed by Galatasaray from Vasas in 2001 when he was 16. Lucescu, our coach then, said he would be the long term replacement for Hagi :nono: but because of the foreigners rule in Turkey and a fair share of injuries, he was released in 2004.. He made just one appearance for Galatasaray and that was for three minutes in a Cup Game in 2002. He is a young player and can develop but I have to say he's not much different from 2001 apart from his hairstyle.. :(

Daniel Tozser was signed by Galatasaray from Vasas in 2001 when he was 16. Lucescu, our coach then, said he would be the long term replacement for Hagi :nono: but because of the foreigners rule in Turkey and a fair share of injuries, he was released in 2004.. He made just one appearance for Galatasaray and that was for three minutes in a Cup Game in 2002. He is a young player and can develop but I have to say he's not much different from 2001 apart from his hairstyle.. :(

There is much stuff to be analysed Turk....

He made just one appearance for Galatasaray and that was for three minutes in a Cup Game in 2002

So in this 3 minutes you saw his value ! ( Not that it is impossible )

he's not much different from 2001 apart from his hairstyle..

Are you talking from his "Looking" or for his soccer capabilites ?

If you talk for his soccer capabilites... you gauge the 3 minutes for Galatasaray.... with the Hungarian League Games.. as you watch often Hungarian Championship. Correct ?

nope, I didn't follow any Hungarian games but I was watching most training sessions of Galatasaray in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003.. He is a handsome boy :) but of course that's not all! The ball really suits to his feet but he had two very serious injuried at 17 and 18.. and he's a bit lazy.. he needs to gain a great deal of fitness if he is to become a starter at AEK..

of course, his attitude may have changed.. we will see.. ;)

My friend said to me that while he was in Istanbul..., he was after the Turkish Girls ..., that's way he was lazy at the training B)

Is he fast or rather slow ?

Crap... then we are in trouble nightsurfer....

Tha pai sta bouzoukia kai meta.... OOF!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Archived