Phantis Forums

kirgiakos sold to rangers!

slick13

what a shitty move for him!

pao got about 2mil. euro and he will get more than 1mil. a year for 2,5 years.

well he has gone to a much weaker league than ours and i dont think he will become any better by moving there but he will cash in and that is what this move smells like MONEY both for pao and him.

read all about it.

http://www.sportime.gr/html/ent/785/ent.51785.asp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure it's a bad move, but the mafiozoi at pao couldnt say no, with an offer like that. I'am sure they'd sell their wives too if they got some good offers.

Kyriako, its nice to see you made a step in ruining your career, although your a bastard at heart, you could have made a decent career in one of the more popular leagues in Europe, oh well, tiss life, have a happy 2.5 years in no where land. You'll be 28 and will be asking where life went :tup:

Very strange move indeed. Like Vasilios said though, PAO's management have botched it to a certain degree.

Oh well, whatever's done...is done.

I hope all the best for the kid. Hopefully he can become an impact player with them and help them progress further into the CL.

Guest Protathlitis

dont understand a move like that; i spose for some stupid reason you get more exposure there than in Greece.

Also, I think the guy just wanted to get out of Greece and to never have to play in another derby

I think this a dumb move for panatha and sotiri himself, they should have kept him because they could use him in the league and uefa, and have his value increase at the same time, they were obviously gonna sell him eventually if he continued at this rate, but yea i see him stayin in the weak league of scotland for not more than a year or two

but its a good thing we are stocked for defenders

This a good move for him. The Greek League is Football Siberia to the major press, eventhough Greece won EURO 2004.

I would have rather seen him go to Celtic, since Celtic has a better chance of doing something in the Champions League.

I agree with the others, this maybe a Premiership audition.

I hope Vardiogiannis will burn in hell forever.

I dont want to hear anymore defense of these ASSHOLES ever again. We may as well have Kokkalis for management. that 2 million they can put in their kolo! Why all we do is drop our best players??? Xalkias, now Kirgiakos...... we dont want greek players, we dont want good players, we dont want to ever do good in the CL again. so in sevilla when we are gettin cut to shreds by Baptista.......maybe we will see this finally.

2 million??? the kid is worth at least 7.5...........

also OSFP fans are happy ----- but guys remember as much as you hate him he was damn good and getting better....he was going to have a big presence in our ethniki....... u willl disagree but guys he was a great player........definitly propsect for our world cup squad. not anymore though. this was a blow to ELLAS as well.

now he will be at the level of Aris Glyfadas. rangers are stupid whores with no future. I will be more fanatic for Celtic now....DIE RANGERS!!!!!! SHAMROCK PRIDE.

But shame on Sotiri for accepting........the worst career move a player can have with that type of money is Rangers....look at capucho, boumsong, Prso....tipota.

I hate PAO management, PAVLE 8EE PARE THN PAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kirgiakos was worth WAY MORE than 2 million........tell me one defender half as good as him worth that much...... sotiris was our best, and 2 million DEN FTANEI!!!!!!!! i bet u if vardi could sell the fanatic support for PAO hed do that too!!!! (their greatest ever player who has been playing all along)

If Kyriagkos was more patient and Vardinogiannis more patient and both waited till end of season to get a transfer, both parties would have won, Kyriagkos would have gone to a much better side than Rangers (which isnt hard to do) and Vardi would have got more than 2 mill.

This is definately a Premier League audition. I remember when Mark Viduka went from Croatia to Celtic and after a season or two went to Leeds. If Sotiris does well he will be in the EPL by 27.

Im just dissappointed. He was awesome for us in the back, huge loss. Whos gonna cover this presence, Morris? After what he showed us in the derby vs AEK forget it.

What a brilliant player...but if he doesnt perform at Rangers the career is set to go down the drain bc he will be stuck in Scoptland for the best yrs of his career and thats the real shame.

also OSFP fans are happy ----- but guys remember as much as you hate him he was damn good and getting better....he was going to have a big presence in our ethniki.......

I never actually DOUBTED this kids talent, its just sad that your management is shipping everyone out to whoever they can and HOWEVER they can, what happened with seitaridis, it seems the same played out here? Soon basinas, talk about shipping the core out. Youd think they are zitianoi and are in need of the cash.

Adonis: EPL by 27 ? Come on, look at charisteas, 24 and been to w bremen and now ajax this guy could have been there this summer (kyriakos), its a big step in the WRONG direction, but we'll see how things play out.

I still think Kyriakos can develop and will (for the ethnikis sake) but at what rate................

I dont want to hear anymore defense of these ASSHOLES ever again. We may as well have Kokkalis for management. that 2 million they can put in their kolo! Why all we do is drop our best players??? Xalkias, now Kirgiakos......

I wonder whats papous opinion on this ;)

also OSFP fans are happy ----- but guys remember as much as you hate him he was damn good and getting better....he was going to have a big presence in our ethniki.......

I never actually DOUBTED this kids talent, its just sad that your management is shipping everyone out to whoever they can and HOWEVER they can, what happened with seitaridis, it seems the same played out here? Soon basinas, talk about shipping the core out. Youd think they are zitianoi and are in need of the cash.

Adonis: EPL by 27 ? Come on, look at charisteas, 24 and been to w bremen and now ajax this guy could have been there this summer (kyriakos), its a big step in the WRONG direction, but we'll see how things play out.

I still think Kyriakos can develop and will (for the ethnikis sake) but at what rate................

true but the rate we were all hoping for was not the one with gaygers. he would be usefiul in ottos current plans too....

Only 3 mil from seitya dn 2 mil from kirgiakos nw..you guys are majot suckers, i thought uoi would've learned...unless its coz he talked back like xalkias..sill though, he was an asset that should be used or sold formpore money. i hope you 5 mil weuros isnt lst on mitu, anderson, andric etc..

PAO could have gotten more $ for the transfer... otherwise, with a couple players like Kyriakos the team can advance once or twice in euro play so that's the money right there! And, you have him for domestic play too, especially when our defensive abilities suck this year compared to the recent past.

Anyway, I think Kyriakos, Seitiaridis and Karagounis are players that you keep if you, as management, say that you have euro dreams.... I think nowadays you absolutely need mature, experienced, talented players to have a good presence in europe. Otherwise, it's empty rhetoric. You might get lucky once and beat a good euro team, but better concentrate domestically and not deceive yourself.

Any player has a few good years to make it big (and any serious injury can end it all). So, he evaluates to see if his current team can go the distance.... (so he can have a nice career with more money). If not, then he tries to go to another team that may give him more options. Of course, these kids make the wrong choices sometimes, but the underlying reasons are there.

Kyriakos wants to play in the Premier league. That's all. Rangers is no biggie.... (Celtic just beat them and Celtic will win the Scottish championship.)

Guest Protathlitis

typical, just another example of pao ruining any chances they have for real success.

I suggest you go and seige your offices :D Osfp fans wouldent stand for it: go get your management you little greens ;)

Kyriakos, Seitiaridis and Karagounis are players that you keep if you, as management, say that you have euro dreams.... 

Very true.

What I have been saying for years

Vardinokavlis strikes back, he sells yet another great Greek for peanuts :tdown:

He made $$$ again. All the recent transfers together did not cost 2mil Euros :nono:

It has not been made official yet, so hope never dies.

Kyrgiakos just like all our good players has not been treated like he deserves.

I do not blame him for wanting out.

He will get much exposure in a mediocre SPL, and 1 mil a year.

Vardinokolis thinks he is above and beyond all PAO players, and does not need or value anyone.

Their "anyone is replaceable" mentality, will make PAO a "revolving door" for inexpensive players that hope to better their careers...

Their ONLY vi$$$ion is $$$ and power. PAO success in Europe is NOT in their plans.

PAO fans:

This is a football player factory, NOT a team with aspirations :nono:

PEACE

I'm upset he has left cos he was one of my favorites too but!!!

This is not a crap move, as some of you say, it is.

At PAO he was on 70.000 euros a year. At Rangers he'll be getting 900.000 euros a season.

Ranger as big club, in the same mould as PAO and play in a league such as the Greek but most importantly the English have scouts and he is definately going to get noticed playing there and it wouldn't suprise me if he went to to a big English club in a couple years!!!

His transfer is worth 2,5 million euro's +20% for PAO if he is resold by Rangers.

PAO could have got more money for him in my opinion but anyway. Good luck Sotiri and thanks for all you did.

Him going to Rangers tears me..Why couldn't it have been Celtic? :(

Stupid O'Neill not very good at brining in players.

Archived