Phantis Forums

kirgiakos sold to rangers!

slick13

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most people in here apart from Evergreen don't have a clue about what they are talking about.... ;)

First of all Kyriakos had a contract with PAO until the summer of 2007. The guy was getting 70,000 eur a year and now he went somewhere to get 900,000 euro a year... How can many of you say that this was a stupid move.... The guy is going to take more than 10 times what he was earning at PAO... If most of you think that this is a bad move then I think you should avoid becoming businessmen.... :P

As far as PAO management goes, Tzigger had a meeting with Kyriakos couple of days ago... The guy (and rightly so) wanted to leave... What could possibly management do to keep him? And also 2.2 ml EUR is not a small amount despite the fact that I think they could get more.... Drako you speak of 7.5mn, did you know that Juve bought Cannavaro for 10mn? GET REAL!!!!

Also for those who haven't got a clue about what they talk about, did you by any chance know that Southampton offered 2.8mn EUR for Kyriakos? ARXODAS did not want to go there because the team is about to get relegated and management AGREED to sell him 600.000 eur LESS the money that Southampton offered!!!! If you think about it the difference is what Adonaki melos wanted, but management never gave to him... This is another indication where if a PAO player is good, and honest with the team he gets treated as a king... If he is alitaki-Adonaki-backstabbing -melos then he gets benched and kicked out!!!!

None the less I hear all this mourmoura about this move but has anybody though what PAO has been doing over the past year? Lets take Kyriakos for example... We got the guy from Agios Nikolaos (I think) nobody knew him then, Vokolos got injured and the guy played his first game against ARSE-NAL in leoforos when we won 1-0!!! The I didn't hear all this bitching about management bringing a guy from Agios Nikolaos huh? ;) Who knew Kyriakos then huh?

PAO has been doing this for years... We sold Kyriakos but we still have gGoumas, Henriksen and Kotso who I think are much better that any other defender in Greek teams... Same crap I was hearing about Seitaridis but look at Vyntra... Same crap about Lybe and we bought Gonzalez.....

You guys must wake up and I refer especially TO THE ACCIDENTALLY PAO FANS who are fond of Kokkalis's moves... If you like these sort of Tactics then go be another one of the millions of sheeps out there supporting the geys....

P.S. And if Milan and Real was so much interested in Kyriakos why didn't they make an offer?

And by the way PAO has got a share if Rangers sell Kyriakos to someone else...

SO WAKE UP ALL OF YOU AND STOP THIS NONSENCE. Whoever comes and goes PAO has got 30 players and he has got the best Academy so you will see many Kyriakos's in the near future... All of the players you protest about when sold, came from PAOs good scouting and Academy... i.e. Basinas, Kyriakos, Karagounis, Lyberopoulos, Seitaridis, Goumas etc etc.....

great scouting my ass. we havent played decent football in 2 years with a few exceptions. the vardiogiannides could have offered a contract - he should have gotten one a long time ago, 3 years now an important player in the 11, and getting less than the s%$#! signins our managemnet dishes out 300.000 for epalle a year.

kirgiakos is way more than 2 million. name one defender of his quality with that price......especially this season he is arguably the best player, and we have a very difficult second half of a season coming up. are PAO going to spend that 2 million? what about Seitaridis 2 million??? we spent what 500.000 on transfers this season??? or are we just fine since we got Sakis Rouvas from OFI????

Lets take Kyriakos for example... We got the guy from Agios Nikolaos (I think) nobody knew him then, Vokolos got injured and the guy played his first game against ARSE-NAL in leoforos when we won 1-0!!! The I didn't hear all this bitching about management bringing a guy from Agios Nikolaos huh? ;) Who knew Kyriakos then huh?

That was Slavia Prague in a CL qualifying in the Czech Republic.

Kiriakos was fom our academy, went on loan to Agios Nicholas and was in pre-season training with OFI until Vololos broke his ankle and was told by Kolitsidakis to return to Athens because PAO was to play vs Slavia without Goumas and Vokolos! Kiriakos himself thought Kolitsidakis was joking at the time.

seems like your team started a sell out since you have more than 30 players in the squad.

also OSFP fans are happy ----- but guys remember as much as you hate him he was damn good and getting better....he was going to have a big presence in our ethniki....... u willl disagree but guys he was a great player........definitly propsect for our world cup squad. not anymore though. this was a blow to ELLAS as well.

to be honest, the only thing i really remember about him is his fight with gio. but through your posts i had the impression that he is one of the most important players for you. i was very surprised that the transfer went on so fast and that he got sold for "only" 2mio.

i disagree with the ones stating it is a bad move for him. in my oppinion he will get more money he would ever have gotten at pao and he will improve his play. i dont think he will have problems in getting a starting spot over there, since he always eat what his mummy cooked for him and he became a gero paidi. ;)

i could imagine that within the next 1.5 years he will move to a team in the premier league. but it is sure that he will get much more attention then he didi in greece.

good luck!

kirgiakos was a powerhouse - by far our top defender. if skat0zny had put him in vs AEK (when we desperately needed him up on corners and defense) we not only could have won but could have kept him- he was upset at being benched , and when youre that awesome rightly so.

it is a good move for him financially, but im sure he could have cut a deal with PAO too. I dont see how it would be possible for Rangers to bench him..

I want to clarify something I said earlier.... I don't blame Kyriakos for wanting to further his career...besides from 70,000 to 900,000 a year is a huge leap.

It would be offensive to any person to prove his value, and show great attitude on the pitch, and try hard, etc... only to see that others like Epale are getting many, many times more his pay!

Any team that discovers or advances from within a great player has to realize that this player is worth a lot more now and, thus, up his pay EVEN BEFORE HIS CONTRACT EXPIRES! (especially when there is proof that other teams are willing to pay lots of $ to get him).

Also, these are the players you keep if you want to be a powerhouse in Europe. Not everything is money, but a player can take less (not so much less like Kyriakos' 70,000!!!) if he thinks there is a good future with his team. Obviously, no one thinks that PAO can be that team. No?

i dont think so. pao is the only team that brings in young players of its own academy and is able to sell them for quite a lot of money. i dont remember any player been sold by osfp in the past, except giannakopoulos, that played some years there and moved to a team in a better league. pao sold a lot of player which were "home grown" to other teams. for me that is one part of the puzzles that make a big team. i hoped osfp would also improve its academies but i havent noticed any changes towards improvement. none of the players in the first squad right now came from our academies.

imo osfp, pao, aek and maybe two other teams in the greek league could be able to evolve into teams that are respected all over europe. but to achieve that, like i've said lots of times, a lot has to change in greece.

he went somewhere to get 900,000 euro a year... How can many of you say that this was a stupid move.... If most of you think that this is a bad move then I think you should avoid becoming businessmen.... :P

Again, not everything revolves around money (maybe for characters like you this is false), hell he could have gone and played in Qatar or Korea too.

Heres where buisness and actually having a successfull career intertwine (or should) Oh well, best of luck.

The problem with the management for me is NOT that they are willing to sell anyone. The problem is they are willing to sell to ANYONE at ANYTIME.

If they kept Seitaridis a month longer they would have sold him to Real Madrid for double the money if not even more.

If they Kept Kyrgiakos until the summer they would have sold him to Italy (where he wanted to go) for much much more.

When you are supposed to be a team with European AMBITION you simply DO NOT sell your best players to teams Like Porto or Rangers if you have the AMBITION to become the next PORTO of European Football you hang on to your players a bit longer (oh s%$#! that means giving them money)

PORTO

Sell FERREIRA 20 million Buy GIOURKAS 3 million = 17 Million PROFIT

RANGERS

Sell BOUMSONG 13 million Buy ALANI 2.2 million = 10.8 Million PROFIT

THAT IS HOW TEAMS WHO ARE NOT AFRAID TO SPEND MONEY MAKE GOOD BUSINESS

Eventhough I believe we have many good players in that position, we will never have a player with such BIG BALLS like ALANI has.

Goodbye ALANI you will be missed...

5 to 1 thrashing vs Ofi No basinas No gonzalez, No Goumas Who cares Wooter and Bides in the starting 11.. papadopoulos has found form in 4 months.. This Skazny is a genious.. kyriakos sold big deal he is better off why wouldnt he want to play in Europe some where he was making peanuts at the greens.. We have other replacements... When did the greens win a 5 to 1 game... I cant even remember...You guys bitch and complain we are in first place remember!!!! Who was Kyriagkos last year a Nobody he made something out of himself good for him get over it!!!!!!111

5 to 1 thrashing vs Ofi No basinas No gonzalez, No Goumas Who cares Wooter and Bides in the starting 11.. papadopoulos has found form in 4 months.. This Skazny is a genious.. kyriakos sold big deal he is better off why wouldnt he want to play in Europe some where he was making peanuts at the greens.. We have other replacements... When did the greens win a 5 to 1 game... I cant even remember...You guys bitch and complain we are in first place remember!!!! Who was Kyriagkos last year a Nobody he made something out of himself good for him get over it!!!!!!111

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You were being sarcastic werent you??

You know what. Ive said this at least 100 times here but we (including myself) all PAO fans that is are the most fickle fans ever. Along with Liverpool fans who still cant get over the disaster that Houllier caused them.

Yes Sotiris did go for 2 million to Rangers. Thats fact and its done. Lets move on. We are now a team that must move on without Sotiris. And we do have depth. Rene or Morris (ok hes not ideal but he is 23 or 22 younger than Sotiris and can develop) Goumas. Kotsios I do not know alot about so I wont comment on him.

But bc we sold Sotiris does not makes us a small inambitious club. Did you expect him to stay forever with us, at 70000 Euro, that means players like the LAMOIO and KOURADA were earning more than him. I mean if your selling your best players that does not make you a small club. Look at Utd - they sold Becks. Ajax continiously produces some of the bext talent in Europe and sells.

Lets get real - the kid has a future ahead of him whether its at Rangers which is a tones throw away from EPL or somewhere else after Rangers he is destined for a bright future if he performs well and keeps a level head.

Good luck Sotiri - I for one wish he could of stayed but such is the nature of the European Transfer Market. In todays day and age giving your word and signing contracts means nothing.

i didn't want Kyrigakos to go i hated that guy with the passion

but he will always be remember by thrylos with Antzas being on top of him when Olympiakos thrashed pao 3-0 lol

the rangers aren't a bigger club than the top 2 Greek teams

but the fact is they get way more exposure than our league does

i mean if u go to any english media outlet that covers P.L

they also cover the scottish league

i mean the guys gets a huge pay raise

and better yet for his career he is on the doorsteps to the P.R.

but since he is a Greek don't expect anything will good will happen if gets that far since he will probably only warming the bench lol

Most people in here apart from Evergreen don't have a clue about what they are talking about.... ;)

Also for those who haven't got a clue about what they talk about....

This is another indication where if a PAO player is good, and honest with the team he gets treated as a king...

You guys must wake up and I refer especially TO THE ACCIDENTALLY PAO FANS

SO WAKE UP ALL OF YOU AND STOP THIS NONSENCE.

:blink: :ph34r:

:LOL:

PEACE

Your really given me this shits with ur post man!! :angry:

u tell everyone to get over Kirgiakos deal, How about u get over bidis and wooter and love for cyps!!! this topic has nothing to do with them yet u manage to bring them in!!

Get a life, we know there good but not everything is about them!!

The Herald has an interesting interview with Dellas discussing Kyrgiakos' move to Rangers. It also mentions that Rangers watched Dellas earlier this month. What are the chances of a Greek central defence partnership at Ibrox?

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/31767.html

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/sport/6016208.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/4184951.stm

Archived