Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2021

Blackhawk

The last 5-6 years have seen PAOK go from 30th in Europe to 80th. 

When Savvidis came he promised us Ronaldinhio & winning the Champions League, yes we all laughed but he set the bar high..... 

The way he ran the club over the last few years has been amatauer. So many scandals, so many bad moves, coaches leaving on the eve of the season, not handling things correctly. 

Lets all agree on one thing, before PAOK no one knew Savvidis....

Agree but let's not forget that scandals have always existed at PAOK before Savvidis, so have bad moves, poor handling of football matters, revolving door of coaches etc. 

Pre Savvidis, PAOK had won 6 trophies in 86 years. Under Savvidis we have won 5 trophies in 9 years  

Pre Savvidis, PAOK was in debt. Under Savvidis we are financially sound

Let's all agree that PAOK has been better off ever since Savvidis came. 

Could things be run better? no doubt 100%. Has PAOK fallen off since becoming champions? no doubt 100% 

• Like it 2

21 minutes ago, SydneyPAOK said:

Agree but let's not forget that scandals have always existed at PAOK before Savvidis, so have bad moves, poor handling of football matters, revolving door of coaches etc. 

Pre Savvidis, PAOK had won 6 trophies in 86 years. Under Savvidis we have won 5 trophies in 9 years  

Could things be run better? no doubt 100%. Has PAOK fallen off since becoming champions? no doubt 100% 

Listen, don't come in here with your logic and reason. There's no room for that in here. If you continue with that you might be seen as antiPAOK like me.

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, PaokCT said:

I would never understand this concept. Cool so if we don’t make Europe we don’t wanna get better… wtf is that? Not saying that’s your thinking. 

Listen, I genuinely feel that if we run out the team we have right now for the duration of the league, we don’t finish higher than 4th.

We'll finish second not because we are "second best" but because the other teams in the league are so terrible.  Every other team other than Olympiacos has gone backwards or at best sideways with the exception of Aris who to their credit have become quite a competitive team in the last couple of seasons.

• Like it 1

49 minutes ago, SydneyPAOK said:

I would add pre Savvidis we promised players low wages and still didn't pay them.  With Savvidis they actually get paid.

Our biggest problem is the poor state of Greek football.  If Savvidis was at PAOK 20 years ago I'm sure he would have attracted better footballers.

Still he has made mistakes and I'm not going to bother getting into them as what's done is done.  What is sure is if for whatever reason he left the club we would regress MASSIVELY.  The simple fact is he puts more money in than the club can generate on its own.  The club is unfortunately not self sufficient and if he left our budget would be probably 1/3 of what it is today.  In layman's terms, we'd be F***ed.

• Like it 2

1 hour ago, Nea Bafra said:

Listen, don't come in here with your logic and reason. There's no room for that in here. If you continue with that you might be seen as antiPAOK like me.

Good to see you have moved on and aren't holding onto any grudges 😜

2 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Good to see you have moved on and aren't holding onto any grudges 😜

to be honest, I can't even remember which one called me anti PAOK for questioning 'some' of Garcia's decisions. I wish they'd get avatars to tell the 2 sydneysiders apart. Surely whilst experiencing their first true lockdown they have some spare time. I don't hold grudges, I just can't resist being a smart arse [it's a character flaw]

8 hours ago, PaokCT said:

Listen, I genuinely feel that if we run out the team we have right now for the duration of the league, we don’t finish higher than 4th.

Zero chance of that. You way overestimate the rest of the league.

It was me! Your anit-garcia comments were fuelled by the athenian media. Real paoktzides would never of posted the stuff you said. 

If we cop a hidding tomorrow from Rijeka all hell will break lose in Thessa..

• Haha 1

Bringing players like ninua, murg, esiti, branjovic, taylor, perriera, kagawa is a complete an utter joke. 

Now with 10 days to in yet another disaster transfer period we have the worst squad since Donis was our coach.... 

We have big problems and the fact most of you are sleeping and cannot see it, doesnt mean we will win games this year. 

Well finish 4th at this rate! 

I wasn’t a fan of Tsiggaras, at least initially and how Garcia threw him in European comp… but I really hope we don’t get rid of him, we wouldn’t have any backup CM’s. I mean we just have Esiti and he’s more of a DM. 

• Like it 1

Atromitos wants him on loan and made a request to PAOK. If we can get rid of Esiti before August 31st than Tsiggaras will probably stay. Otherwise he might be loaned. Also Tsiggaras is refusing so far to sign a contract extension. He did the same thing last season before he agreed to 1 year extension. Would be a shame if he left the team in my opinion.

17 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Levadiakos announced the signing of Georgios Vrakas. Nothing mentioned about a fee. Site of PAOK hasn't mentioned anything at all.

Its a loan move... I dont get it though, I thought PAOK B was created to stop moves like this one..

Seems we are going the loan route for these final few transfers, Akpom seems to be a lock and apparently Sidcley a left-back from Dynamo Kiev (who Lucescu's father is the coach of) is the favourtie atm to come in. We have been linked with about 3-4 different left-backs of the summer so take it with a grain of salt. 

The final piece of the puzzle looks like its going to be Aexandru Mitrita, a Romanian winger who currently plays for New York City in the MLS. Far from the sexiest names but at this point anything is better than nothing, we need to cover these holes and in time we'll get to see the quality of the players. 

We still await to see if Giovinco reemerges as a possibility for the no.10 position, or if another player surfaces as a possibility. Whatever happens, it seems it's going to be a busy few days.