Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2016

Dutch Eagle

I really hope PAOK can pull off the Varela signing. Read in a recent SDNA article that Steaua want 2,000,000 and PAOK are offering 1,200,000. Hopefully they agree on terms soon... Do you guys think PAOK can pull it off?

The last I had read (which was a while ago, and doubtlessly is wrong) was that we were offering 500k and they wanted 1.5mm, with us likely settling for 1mm. Is he worth more than that? I really have no idea.

Mak is most likely heading to Lazio.  Unless we get some ridiculous amounts of cash, I'd rather not sell off our best players, unless we've already signed or intend on signing someone better.  I wouldn't consider anyone we've signed thus far a replacement....neither is Matheus....33 year old striker, meh.

Yeah his highlights looked atrocious. Fortunately, the team has denied being in contact with him. I know that Iranian site says it's probably one of PAOK or Oly, but I think this guy is way below the level of either. Much more likely he'd be going to a club at Asteras/Atromitos/Giannina level.

Seems we're offering 700k for that Milan GK, while Carpi still has right of first refusal on Verdi through the 22nd. If he's any good at all, then they'll surely snap him up.

Matheus is in Thessaloniki probably going through medical tests and will likely sign tomorrow.

PAE PAOK denied that we are intersted in Taremi and Gojko. Both were also linked to Olympiakos. Lets see if they end up there.

Wednesday is when training camp opens, and we still don't have new center back(s), dekari and goaltender.

Can you elaborate on that? Do you mean in terms of...marketing? Why would an Iranian player be relevant at all for us?

Although I don't now how much money it would generate, 100 million Iranians following one of their biggest stars would generate quite an interest for the club that contracts him. Considering the Iranians only have like ten players playing outside Iran, I guess Taremi playing in PAOK would lead to a lot of interest both in Iran and in the Iranian diaspora, which is quite big.

Panionios have an Iranian Intl. striker...what marketing good has it done for them?

Probably nothing, but you can't really compare them to a Greek top side. We're going to play in either CL or EL, our fans are well known and a quick search on Youtube would probably not disappoint anyone. Just as the BPL signed asian players some years ago to grow the interest for the Asian market I think we, or any other Greek top side, would benefit market and reputation wise from signing Taremi. Just as we are following our players abroad, which we even have a section for on this forum, the Iranians are probably doing the very same thing. If we only would have had one player in a good league outside Greece, for example Manolas, wouldn't we have followed him in a different way compared to now when we have plenty of players in abroad?

Absolutely not saying the effects would be likewise with the British clubs but Taremi's salary is around 500-700k and he would probably be ready to lower his salary if that means he's going to a European club, which means he wouldn't be expensive. If he's pure shite then we shouldn't try to sign him but if he can score some 10 goals, then he's level with the almighty Klaus.

Edited by PAOKSWEDEN