Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2016

Dutch Eagle

He has not signed with PAOK yet, as far as I know. Let's hope he is a replacement for Jairo and not Mak. Apparently he wants 800K. That is double of current Mak's salary!

Are you kidding me, 800k for such a waste??? Screw that guy and give Mak a new contract for that money.

I read somewhere that he turned down Bursaspor that offered him 800K and demanded something closer to 1 mil. I doubt if he lowered his demands when he started talking to us.

We shouldn't even bother with that guy. He played for an average team in a league that isn't really doing much better than our league despite having poured so much money down the drain for wastes like this specific individual. Ridiculous move by the PAE.

So which game are we gonna play here? Should we play the "Let's see how these players work out on the pitch before we pass judgement!" or are we all ready to admit that unless there are 2 BAM signings in the works, this upcoming season is yet another battle for 2nd place, another battle for the group stages of Europa League ... and MAYBE get tot the Cup finals... all the while trying to keep the animals at bay.

I want CL and Kypello and im happy.

I want to keep building though, keep investing in youth and strucutre and off field marketing.

So far our first 3 signings are great i dont want bam signings i want 3 more like this

I agree to an extent, make a few signings that give us really quality depth but we need one to sign a play that can come up big for us when most needed.

We don't necessarily have to spend big and get a Vieirinha, Vukic was one of those guys for us.

I am definitely surprised we are willing to pay a 29-yr old forward anywhere near the E800k-900k it's going to take. But, we also have to admit the Turkish league is much, much, better than the Superleague, so regardless of the quality of his team, if he rated that highly by GOOD Turkish clubs, then he must be legit. 

I'm super pumped about the Dnipro guys. More than anything, they are coming from a winning club culture, and I hope we can rely on some of these new players to take on a leadership role on the field. 

The most important fact here is that we are not wasting valuable time and signing guys after camp opens, or in some cases, after it ends. It also means we aren't getting the leftovers of the transfer market. Michel seems to have a plan, has been decisive, and getting all our signing into camp will make a HUGE difference, I guarantee. 

• Like it 1

Would be quite a kick to see us hire an ex-ref as TD and president, and suddenly see the club actually get turned around.

Probably helps a lot that he started months ago. Makes me wonder what moves Arnesen would have made had he gotten the time.

• Like it 2

The most important this summer is to improve the squad so that we will have a core for the next two or three seasons that we can build on.

The goal for the next season should be winning the cup and finishing 2nd. After that, we can strengthen the core with a few top quality individuals and compete for the title. 

• Like it 1

The team goal should be to be competitive in all three competitions until the end and hope for the best. We probably are not ready for the title yet, but that does not mean we should not be competitive in Superleague. I don't want another season where we finish more than 10 points behind the champion. 

The two transfers so far have been solid in  my opinion. Djalma should help as well. We still need to sign 4 to 5 solid starters.

If we finish the season within ten points of the champions, we'll all be pissed that we didn't just win. That would be a great sign of the team's mental fortitude and self-belief.

Agree that expecting a title in 2016/17 is just not realistic - competing for a title is, but you can't just expect it to fall into our laps. Leicester City or no, this isn't the EPL. This team is probably 2 or 3 years away from being able to field the quality and depth at each position that OSFP has developed over the last 10 years, with huge CL revenue and impressive transfer profits. 

HOWEVER, Ivan just gave Rostov a purported $30 million player budget. Now, I didn't even realize he still kept the majority shares in that squad, but if we had that budget here, we would win win a title - with or without shitty refs. 

Edited by teke817

We are apperantly close in signing keeper Michael Agazzi from Milan.

He was on loanbasis at Middlesbrough last season but was on the bench behind Dimitris Konstantopoulos.

He will turn 32 next month.

Are we really looking for this kind of second class keeper???

• Like it 1

HOWEVER, Ivan just gave Rostov a purported $30 million player budget. Now, I didn't even realize he still kept the majority shares in that squad...

I don't think he's allowed to own two teams in the same confederation. I remember Roman Abramovic got in trouble for owning Chelsea and owning a company that SPONSORED CSKA Moscow because it created a conflict of interest when both teams were in the Champions League (like us and Rostov)

Edit: well I'll be damned. I'm not sure how legal this is.

http://russianfootballnews.com/rostovs-dependency-on-paok-owner-savvidis-grows/

Edit2: apparently that whole "conflict of interest" rule uefa has only applies to certain scenarios [whenever the eff they want]. So ignore my ramblings, I'm going to bed.

Edited by Bajewy

@bajewy yeah it's actually relatively common anymore. the guy who owns Watford (BPL) also owns Granada (La Liga) and Bologna I think ... I know he owns a Serie A squad. I thought the Premier League wanted to ban that practice in their league but it stalled for some reason ... 

@Boston - Atsu would do nothing for us ... He is basically a skinnier, softer (!), Sekou Oliseh. 

Also the more I read about Shakhov the more I think we got a steal. Seems like a Bibras Natkho type on the field ... although Bibras has a truly rare ability to see the field....

The more GK names that get bandied about, the more I think we are just looking for an experienced backup for Glykos. What's up with Siabanis? I feel like I haven't heard anything about his development in a while....