Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2016

Dutch Eagle

I am definitely surprised we are willing to pay a 29-yr old forward anywhere near the E800k-900k it's going to take. But, we also have to admit the Turkish league is much, much, better than the Superleague, so regardless of the quality of his team, if he rated that highly by GOOD Turkish clubs, then he must be legit. 

I'm super pumped about the Dnipro guys. More than anything, they are coming from a winning club culture, and I hope we can rely on some of these new players to take on a leadership role on the field. 

The most important fact here is that we are not wasting valuable time and signing guys after camp opens, or in some cases, after it ends. It also means we aren't getting the leftovers of the transfer market. Michel seems to have a plan, has been decisive, and getting all our signing into camp will make a HUGE difference, I guarantee.

The Turkish league is much much better huh?

It's very interesting that they still are only 11th in the UEFA ranking while we are 14th, facing the biggest crisis Greek football ever had... I wouldn't call that in any way "much much better".

@Klaous - I'm not saying historically they have been a better league. Greek teams have more skins on the wall in Europe.

But, yeah, the crippling economy is exactly the reason they are a better league right now, especially at the top, where other than OSFP I don't think a single Greek team would crack their top 5 or 6 in terms of wage budgets. The last several years, by September, 3/5 Greek teams are already out of the competition. I think we've only had two teams get to the group stage each of the last 2 (or 3?) seasons. 

But you are probably right, I am willing to drop the second "much" in my prior statement. They're just a "much better league" right now, top to bottom. 

• Like it 2

I don't think he's allowed to own two teams in the same confederation. I remember Roman Abramovic got in trouble for owning Chelsea and owning a company that SPONSORED CSKA Moscow because it created a conflict of interest when both teams were in the Champions League (like us and Rostov)

Edit: well I'll be damned. I'm not sure how legal this is.

http://russianfootballnews.com/rostovs-dependency-on-paok-owner-savvidis-grows/

Edit2: apparently that whole "conflict of interest" rule uefa has only applies to certain scenarios [whenever the eff they want]. So ignore my ramblings, I'm going to bed.

I've only heard of this rule being brought up once, my understanding is that two teams with the same owner can't take part in the same European competition. For example, if PAOK and Rostov both qualified for Champions League with Savidis as owner then one or both of the teams wouldn't be allowed to participate.

Realistically this isn't a real issue. Savvidis is a smart business man, he should know by now to not own the team on paper, and to put two different companies as owners of the teams. That's the way Melissanidis has been in charge of AEK, even though that's a different situation and, I'll admit, is border line illegal.

• Like it 2

That article, btw, again tells us that Savvidis is one of the richest men in Russia...but we're still no closer to knowing just how rich he is. I don't know why this bothers me.

I would lean closer to the 500mm than the 2b. Russian oligarchs have historically been all too happy to vomit money at their soccer teams. Savvidis hasn't (relatively speaking - he's still spent much more than Greek owners).

@Klaous - I'm not saying historically they have been a better league. Greek teams have more skins on the wall in Europe.

But, yeah, the crippling economy is exactly the reason they are a better league right now, especially at the top, where other than OSFP I don't think a single Greek team would crack their top 5 or 6 in terms of wage budgets. The last several years, by September, 3/5 Greek teams are already out of the competition. I think we've only had two teams get to the group stage each of the last 2 (or 3?) seasons. 

But you are probably right, I am willing to drop the second "much" in my prior statemAveent. They're just a "much better league" right now, top to bottom.

Their clubs have more money, that's all. Much better league only in terms of investments.

But considering their international results they even get beaten by Belgium. C'mon, that's ridiculous. They're just wasting money like Greece did in the past.

I would lean closer to the 500mm than the 2b. Russian oligarchs have historically been all too happy to vomit money at their soccer teams. Savvidis hasn't (relatively speaking - he's still spent much more than Greek owners).

Well, let's think about it in another way. If you were a billionaire, would you seriously spend some huge amounts of cash for a GREEK club? I wouldn't for sure. Too much lamogia going on there.

And he knows that as well, no doubt. You wouldn't be a self made billionaire with Putin as a friend if you weren't a foxy little bastard who knows how to play dirty.

Orfanidis is another ACM; do we really need this many young attacking mids? We need someone experienced and creative, not yet another prospect.

Maybe we'll hire Gnjatic to be friends with Cimirot?

• Like it 1

If the media reports about Djalma are true ie. he'll be on 800K per season, then he'll be the highest paid player in the squad (now that Berbatov is gone) and as such, I'd expect him to be the best player in the team. I am happy with the transfers of the two players from Dnipro. Not so sure about this one though.

Reminds me of Chrisantaus

Say it isn't so. It's expensive signings that flop that can cause things to unravel quickly. The youtube video I saw of him missing goal after goal is not encouraging either.

• Like it 1

Hace you guys seen highlights of partixabs 19 yr old captain who is now a free agent.?

Zivkovic right wing he loos F***en amazing and transfermarket has his value at 7m euros.

Who will sign this guy?

Also todays reports talk about paok preparing for life without kace as a sale is inevetable.

Also inpaok just wrote mateaus from dnipro has agreed to terms.

Zivkovic is a great talent. Saw him playing in EL against AZ Alkmaar.

We won't sign him. He is too good for the Greek League in general and thus for PAOK also.

He was suspended by Partizan because he refused to extend his contract. He was playing there with some kind of construction that made it necessarry to sell him in order to pay x% to the organisation. Now Partizan has to pay a fine and will have zilch fee.

Just saw it too that Mateus is officially a PAOKtzis.

About the Toni Sunjic rumours... If we buy this guy we will waste antorher season being 4th!

Stuttgart had the WORST defence in their entire history with this guy! The Germans are laughing their ass off right now because we're interested in such trash and even offer 2,5 fu**ing MILLIONS for him!!! PAOK THEE - GAMIETAI H PAE! 

Edited by Klaous