Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Is Zeca really that much better than our ethnic Greek players?

I am for naturalizing foreighners only if their quality will substantially improve the team. IMO, Zeca may be good enough to crack our starting XI, but he will not take the NT to the next level.

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 1

Is Zeca really that much better than our ethnic Greek players?

I am for naturalizing foreighners only if their quality will substantially improve the team. IMO, Zeca may be good enough to crack our starting XI, but he will not take the NT to the next level.

I'd rate him level to Maniatis. (I'm a fan of Maniatis tbh)

Samaris, Tachtsidis, Maniatis are as good as him, or better at the position. Petsos will probably be as good as Tachtsidis if all goes according to plan.

Looks like anyone who was considering Giannou as an option will have to take him out of there potential XI's. No big loss IMO

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/socceroos/apostolos-giannou-signs-for-guangzhou-rf-declares-intention-to-play-for-socceroos/news-story/25de83793b88f7cbbe7e791a0665f23e

Good decision on him. Greece already has Mitroglou, Klaus, Velios. (CF's Kone, & Karelis too).

It seems his goal was to be a starter for Greece via Asteras.

For Australia IMO, pretty much a key starter and is now tailoring his career for Australia via Chinese club football.

Smart move. It's obvious his heart was with Greece because that was his first move, but he's gotta go with what's best for his career and where he can contribute the most value!

Edited by georgelaz

• 3 weeks later...

Karnezis

Holebas - Sokratis - Manolas - Torosidis

Kpaps

Tachtsidis  Samaris

Fortounis

Karelis   Mitroglou

I'd like to see this is injuries weren't an issue. Don't think we've ever seen this lineup and it seems the most obvious...?

• Like it 1

Why would you play Torosidis and Holebas on their opposite sides?

yeah I made a mistake. basically everyone should be inverted, I think.

what games did we have that exact lineup besides fortounis? fortounis a huge piece of the lineup tho at the same time, since he's the only pure CAM in it.

In going fwd incoming would be Petsos, Mantalos,Pelkas and Lazaros. Outgoings Tziolis, Taxi, Maniatis. Playing Karelis as CF or bench, and Fortounis deeper lying. Picking with these changes in mind would be the closest to our best side. 

Nasl's ceo says his comp is the equal, if not better than MLS. That would have it at Serie B, Everdivisie Chinese league standard then. IF Giorgis shows consistency again, he could play as second striker/AM role for Hellas. He does see himself as an out & out stricker anyway as he has said so years ago. Fortounis can go further back and have more room too. Fact that we cannot get

around is, we had a wealth of experience in the last world cup, which was successful.

Edited by ausgreek

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic