Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

we need to keep this core in the 11...

then find the right players and scheme to compliment them...

karnezis, toro, holebas, sokratis, manolas, fortounis, mitro, samaris...

there are 3 spots up for grabs....and a lot of thinking for Skibbe in regards to systems of play and formations...

form and attitude as well as 'fit' are the key drivers for the other 3 spots and the 7-10 bench/squad spots..

• Like it 1

Torosidis steps it up for the ethiniki. He plays 25% better.

He's still great for Roma, but they're stacked at RB. Maicon, Florenzi, Torosidis.

Still very vital to the team because he's versatile as a utlity player. Can play LB, CDM, RB, even wings

100% Bosnia is better then Greece right now and have a better chance then us to go through. Who ever disagrees must take a look at Bosnia last 10 matches and our last 10 matches and that should put this debate to rest.

If Vasilli shows to be as slow as I know he is and Greece don't succeed after the Estonia match, its time to make Sokratis captain and bring Bakakis in. Need best possible team against Herzegovina. 

Guys no one is good enough to take Toro's spot for now, he may not be at his best, but he is the best RB we have, and he is a big game player, his spot in the starting 11 is more than guaranteed.

• Like it 2

No one is good enough to replace Torosidis. My opinion is Kitsiou can replace in the long run, Mavrias needs to play regularly especially at RB to be considered as a possible replacement. Bakakis is a possible option but also needs playing time especially if he is going to be playing in Europe.

We need a player that can do the job and be better than Torosidis and at the moment no one is capable to do the job.

Charis Mavrias is young, fast and plays right midfield usually. He is ranked in the bottom 20% for defence though. I would not have him at fullback. His passing is ranked as average, so crossing back inside could well be an issue too. 

Edited by ausgreek

Have to disagree with you Tzatziki, I think we need to start looking at alternatives, he is still only 30 (bout to turn 31) but truth is he is hardly getting game time at Roma and an out of form Toro can be poor and he off the ball antics are embarrassing now days. Mavrias and Bakakis are very decent possible replacements but Bakakis does need to play more regular football

It is good to always be looking at alternatives for every position, but at the moment Toro is our best option for RB by far in my opinion. Even though he has not started in a lot of Roma games that does not disqualify him from starting for the NT. Roma has better fb's than the Greek NT, and even still the Italians rate him enough to give him CL minutes, that says something.

• Like it 1

I like our team and I think Skibbe gets the idea of what's our best line up.

After only 2 days at the NT he stated that he noticed that we have robust options at the CB position and that our weakness was the attacking mid which can be fixed with some tweaking.

If Mitroglou, Samaris, Manolas, Fortounis, Karelis played the full 90 minutes, we would very likely have swept Iceland.

They only started playing well against us when we played our B team. our A team is much better than them.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

Fortounis is our attacking midfielder. I also think Fetfatzidis should be our back up. Pelkas needs another season to improve. Ninis I don't trust anymore he i s very inconsistent. There's a player that I think is not bad and I think in a few years he will be good and that's Orfanidis from Xanthi. Mantalos is obviously better behind the striker, but is also not bad as the 8ari as he plays at AEK.

I like our team and I think Skibbe gets the idea of what's our best line up.

After only 2 days at the NT he stated that he noticed that we have robust options at the CB position and that our weakness was the attacking mid which can be fixed with some tweaking.

If Mitroglou, Samaris, Manolas, Fortounis, Karelis played the full 90 minutes, we would very likely have swept Iceland.

They only started playing well against us when we played our B team. our A team is much better than them.

I like your enthusiasm but what gives you so much confidence in Skibbe? I understand he needs to try players out but I think his choices and his system was horrible versus Iceland. I also wouldn't be so confident that we have a better team then Iceland because to be honest with you we shouldn't really be saying we are better then anyone right now.

you would think on paper we should be better then them and yes we beat them in our last qualifier, but considering they made the Euros and haven't lost to garage teams consistently like we have I wouldn't say we are better then them until we can prove we are better then mediocre teams.

• Like it 1

^ I really hope this coach works out and gets this team back to where we all believe they should be. It's frustrating because on paper we are a lot better then the majority of the teams we lost to. I hope we can figure this out soon because it's so hard not watching this team play in major tournaments.

• Like it 1

When you consider how bad we have been in the air , like letting in goals from the corner

and free kicks , could adding a little height in goal with DIMI konstantopoulos at 6.4 possibly help.

I having nothing against Karnezis,  but I think dimi is just as good.

• 4 weeks later...

my current fifa lineup

---------- Mitroglou ------ Gekas -----------

Fortounis ---------- ---------- --------- Fetfatzidis

---------  KPaps --------- Samaris ---------

Holebas -- Manolas --- Sokratis --- Torosidis

--------- --------- --- Karnezis --- --------- ---------

Bench

Tachtsidis

Kone

Lazaros

Maniatis

Klaus

Ninis

Kapino

Must  place Gianni Gianniotas at rw. He is actually the best option. Kosta Fortounis is our best player and  Must orchestrate from the am role. Why push our best player to the wing cause he does a really good job there, as he is very talented? On a side note, Fetfa not as efficient as Gianni at rw at this point.

Would of been good to see Karelis at am, as Fortounis is on holidays. Oh well, hope the young guys step up. O
Ikonomou could be one to watch as he gains experience. I'm curious on Toro's speed in these games.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic