Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Who did tziolis sell his soul to and how can I get the same deal...blood magic is the only explanation for his continued inclusion in the squads.

sometimes I feel he gets into the squad because he has 'good looking guy' points. the importance that Greek men are good looking is important for international politics. Whilst salpigids and Gekas are effective, there is a bit of shame attached to them not being as handsome. Whereas blokes like Tziolis, Samaris show the aesthetic potential of a Greek man lol

Samaris shows the aesthetics of a greek boy. That babyface and that boy-at-his-teens body shows it. He playes at one of the top 10 clubs worldwide. He can be used as a Center Back , a 6 and an 8. These are the reasons he gets picked. He is also good, might not be a "top 10 clubs" starter but he is a champions league material. Our only midfielders whose performances havent really changed from when this hell started. Tachtsidis seems nowhere. 

Our only efficient midfielders are Fortounis and Samaris right now. Anyways summing up where we have problems isthis X1

Karnezis
Torosidis-Sokratis-Manolas-Holebas

------------------???-----------------------
-------------Samaris----???-------------
--------------Fortounis--------------------
-------Mitroglou-Karelis-----------------

Would love a 3CB system but if the 3rd one isnt K. Papadopoulos :

Siovas, Vydra, Oikonomou, Tzavellas, Moras dont really cut it. They ve proven that quite a few times.
who would be the question marks in your opinion ? Kone and Tachtsidis ?

To be honest after rithinking , since we have no wingers 3CBs would be a totally legit system with Holeba and Torosidis as midfielders who can eitherp lay too denfensively or offensively based on the score and if goal/defence is needed.

- - - - - - - - - -Karnezis - - - - - - - - -

- - -Manolas-Kyriakos-Sokratis - - - -

- - - - - - - - -Tachtsidis - - - - - - - - -

Torosidis - - - - - - - - - - - - - Holebas

- - - - - -Samaris- - -Kone- - - - - - - - 

- - - - - - - - Fortounis - - - - - - - - - - 

- - - - - - - - -Mitroglou - - - - - - - - - -

This is a quite good defensive system I think.

Would Tziolis be any slower than Jedinak? Does he have that physicality that Mile has? If he has, there is not much difference... Yes Tzioli looks good for parliament, my neighbour Stelio goes abit each way and thinks that and Oresti has a good profile too.

Edited by ausgreek

Torotsidi's value is greater if he is a good reader of a game, at dm. This at least till KPaps comes back. I am pretty sure the coach doesn't know what to do with Tachtsidis. He isn't an intimidating player, he might be an am in waiting with his heavy boot. Maniati's monobrow is the only thing scary  about him and Samaris doesn't have the dominating qualities like a Pirlo type player, with some vision. Petsos is a future investment. Place Tzioli up the front for Mitro, he won't get in the way there.

I don't think Kone made the final cut???

or do you have info that suggests he asked to be excused??

the starting 11  for match 1 looks rather odd to say the least??

......................karnezis.....................

......................moras........................

..................sokratis........oikonomou...............

toro..................maniatis...............holebas

.............lazaros.....samaris.......taxi..........

..........................vellios....................................

or

..........................kapino............................

toro........moras.........sokratis........staf.........

..........................maniatis.........................

lazaros.........samaris............taxi...........holebas

..............................vellios.......................

so we are missing * (for various reasons)

K.Pap, siovas, Manolas, Fortounis, Mitro, Karelis, Kone, Fetfa, Petsos..

+ for first game....

Tziolis, Aravidis, Tzavellas, Mandalos, Bakasetas.

have I missed anyone???

I'd say 5 first 11 walk up starters...

so we are missing * (for various reasons)

K.Pap, siovas, Manolas, Fortounis, Mitro, Karelis, Kone, Fetfa, Petsos..

+ for first game....

Tziolis, Aravidis, Tzavellas, Mandalos, Bakasetas.

have I missed anyone???

I'd say 5 first 11 walk up starters...

that is a first XI that should be doing so much better. Even if it has a weakness in the attacking mid/wide positions

Lol. I have to admit that he does seem very miffed.

His questions are fair though.

Fortounis I believe asked to be excused. He's due to finalise a new and improved contract with Oly in the next few days as a number of prospective suitors are interested in his services.

Our best players didnt come because skibbe has nothing to see from them. He knows them and he will probably test our players in the last 2 friendlies with russia and someone else too if i remember correctly. However , If I were him i would have tried to bring almost all of them for the 2nd friendly , to see if the X1 i have in mind actually works with a *considered* decent opponent. Australia's usual team is a good team.  A team that qualifies for the World cups every time (thats not hard to be fiar but here comes the next part): usually manages to play ncie football , like vs spain.

wouldnt grade their first X1 anything less than bosnia. in fact their defence is beyond classes higher than the bosnian defenders. Skibbe might have wasted his prelast friendly by looking for players to fill his team.

• Like it 1

I just remembered we ll be facing holland , so we have 2 strong friendlies with teams that will Qualify for the WC (RUS and NED). wouldnt mind him testing the players there, but if we lose (because the NED team skill level is much higher than ours) it might be a mind game for the players...

OH if that team above can have the same attitude like last night and show the same heart then they can achieve a lot. Lets not forget this team can stay together for atleast 2-3 tournaments also so lets hope it falls into place for them as there is massive talent in the 11 and also on the bench

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic