Phantis Forums

Luxembourg - Greece

loup

Guys we cry for youth, we get it and now we question IF. Not all the kids wll be thrust right in right away.

Avraam,Socrates,Toro,Spyropoulos,Ninis,Tziolis,Tzorvas, even Samaras can be added...and now Pliatsikas.

Maybe if Otto can swap Tavlaridis and Christodoulopoulos, dump Patsa and Vyntra roster would we upbeat.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pliastikas was a good move imo.

We are literally wasting time on putting Angelos Basinas in there.

In AEK's game with PAO, IMO no question Pliastikas is who wed rather have out there. Hes developed more, hes gonna keep going for it, and Basinas is simple crap for us and AEK, its really time the guy steps down already.

Let's not get too excited. Knowing Otto's history, the chances of the kid actually playing are quite slim. He will ride the bench and then we'll all forget he was even called. Against a team like Lux is the time to play the young guys but then again when Otto has his old time favorites.......

Let's not get too excited. Knowing Otto's history, the chances of the kid actually playing are quite slim. He will ride the bench and then we'll all forget he was even called. Against a team like Lux is the time to play the young guys but then again when Otto has his old time favorites.......

Yes it is the right tme to put some kids in....but I am sure the EPO want Otto to bag the 6pts and get the WCQ campaign off to a good start.

Greece has struggled on the road against smaller opponents recently. I recall the loss in Albania, winning in Kazakhstan at the 93rd minute after being down 1-0 at the 75th minute, and winning in Malta on a questionable penalty. Greece had to beat Moldova at home at the 93rd minute as well.

Greece is coming off an awful Euro 2008 campaign so it would not surprise me if they do not defeat Luxembourg. Rehhagel is still putting in his favorite veteran players, many of whom are not playing well, STILL using the same defensive system and distrusts the team to play more offensive. Greece won a friendly in Slovakia recently so that alone is the only reason why I think Greece will win but I"m still pessimistic.

Maybe if Otto can swap Tavlaridis and Christodoulopoulos, dump Patsa and Vyntra roster would we upbeat.

I think Patsa should be on the team as a reserve as he is multidimensional in terms of position and skill.

He SHOULD NOT be a starter

Jack of all trades........Master of none!

I love the idea of Otto calling up these youth players but what we need to do first to make sure that we make it to the WC.

I would like to see us finish these "easy" games vs the lesser opponents and as the scoreline increases let these guys come on in and do their thing....

Qualification should be our focus not the name that's going to play...

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

I love the idea of Otto calling up these youth players but what we need to do first to make sure that we make it to the WC.

I would like to see us finish these "easy" games vs the lesser opponents and as the scoreline increases let these guys come on in and do their thing....

Qualification should be our focus not the name that's going to play...

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Agreed 100%

Give me a break; do you really think he's going to play Pliatsikas? He didn't even play Ninis in the last friendly and he's calling players who have been out of form for the longest time (Basinas). Its bulls hit. Do you guys get it yet? He doesn't believe in the team, which I find unbelievable after 2004! If we can do what we did then, we can certainly win a World Cup. Its perfectly realistic, but you have to know which players to call and which system works best. The guy was lost, LOST at the Euro this summer. And he wouldn't admit to his mistakes. Why the hell you would keep someone w/ that mentality is beyond me. It might actually be good if we lost or drew these games so people will wake up! As twisted as that may sound.

Greece has struggled on the road against smaller opponents recently. I recall the loss in Albania, winning in Kazakhstan at the 93rd minute after being down 1-0 at the 75th minute, and winning in Malta on a questionable penalty. Greece had to beat Moldova at home at the 93rd minute as well.

Greece is coming off an awful Euro 2008 campaign so it would not surprise me if they do not defeat Luxembourg. Rehhagel is still putting in his favorite veteran players, many of whom are not playing well, STILL using the same defensive system and distrusts the team to play more offensive. Greece won a friendly in Slovakia recently so that alone is the only reason why I think Greece will win but I"m still pessimistic.

Hopfully, we won't be pestimistic this time around, we want to show we are a good side and not let smaller teams push us over.

Why should Patsa be there? He hasn't done anything at all in a long time. Same with Charisteas. Both have been poor for quite some time.

Tziolis is less than 50/50. He isn't NT material. Christodoulopoulos would be better served taking his place.

Patsa is a waste...did he have potential yes ...tragic injuries that should have been the end of him.Vyntra has no reason as well.

Ahead of Charisteas I would put Basinas he is slow and 33...36 WHEN we qualify!!

I will not ? Charisteas...he put all out in Austria...is he a starter no...should be on the squad.....but Samaras should move in to the endekada.

Patsa replace with Makos

Vyntra with Tavlaridis

Basinas with Christodoulopoulos

charisteas scores goals

look at euro and euro

who else scores -- not in theory,n ot in our dreams, not against Xanthi, not against Moldova BUT against real teams in real competitions?

This is true. His stats at major tournaments means he has to be included.

I'd rather see Samaras play though.

what greek channel is this on btw? and are there any legal websites that i can purchase the game from?

IMO

Basinas should be GONE from THIS TEAM!!!!!! GONE GONE GONE !

He was CRAP vs PAO, and hes been CRAP for years now. Rehagel, dont do this mein freund....BITTE!

IF (big IF) Greece go to WC

Is their ANY circumstance Basinas should be in the 23. Honest question - hes AWFUL NOW, HOW MUCH WORSE IN 2 YRS?

Pliastikas better continue and show him up. Hes simply the better player it looks like, good luck to his season, he looks like an a*hole with the bleach hair and attitude, but PLEASE remove Basinas from the team. He was great, but hes ruining all the good memories we had of that player by continuing on in such poor form.

Rehagel kinda does destroy memories by keeping these guys around in their poor performances (as well as cost us) I remember how awful Vryzas and Nikopolidis were the last years they were playing.....They should have quit when they stopped having it!

Vyntra on the NT?

Does any body not realize the miracle this player is? I have never seen a player play so RARELY respectable games, full of errors, dodgy play, cost results, be generally a poor player - and be ADORED and 1st place by every coach that encounters him, PAO or Rehagel. HOW IS THIS GUY PLAYING for Ethniki, how is he even playing for PAO? Do coaches honestly not care when he doesnt mark, makes poor passes, cant distribute, sends dangerous balls through the central D, costs goals....???

As for match.

2-0 win minimum. Otherwise its a bad start.

Archived