Phantis Forums

Luxembourg - Greece

loup

If I had to choose between Otto and Anastasiadis at this point I would drop Otto; I mean, its gotten that bad. Ketsbaia may have potential but why would you go with someone w/ no international experience? That makes no sense. The team has already proved what it can do so you CAN find reputable coaches who would take the job. Supposedly they were indeed speaking w/ Hiddink but it fell through since lazy, overpaid Otto decided to stay.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im never going to stop supporting them...theyre stil my team.

i mean players like Biscan, Vyntra, Maric kept getting playing time with PAO, even though they were horrendous, embarsassing and I disagree totally with putitng them out there, Im not going to give up on following the team.....Thats not right.

I think it should be simple. Why the fans should have to stop supporting?

Older players like Basinas, Lyberopoulos, should just know better themsleves, that they DONT BELONG ANYMORE, and its TIME TO STEP DOWN AND LET THE YOUTH TAKE OVER.

EPO should step in and remind Otto to build a team for the future, and make more minutes for up and coming players.

Ketsbaya has intl experience btw. Hes played in numerous diff countries, coached domestically in Cyprus, but also plays intl games with Ano and had success vs bigger teams, and is heading into his first CL as a coach. The guy really made something, out of almost nothing. He has taken a team with players like Beqaj, Skopelitis, Froussos, Paulo Costa, Nikolaou into the UEFA CL. No offense to those players, but we would be laughing our asses off if you said years ago these players would take a Cypriot team into the CL Group stages(granted there was the French guy and Sosin too). Its an accomplishment.

The guy is very close with his players so it seems, a great motivator, and he seems to get the most out of his players. He is an up and coming coach, and not to mention, the guy is familiar with the Greek League, and also speaks Greek. Id definitley like to see him given a shot in the future.

You don't give up or disown a team just because you refuse to go see them play. Why perpetuate a problem by paying to see them play at a stadium? If something needs to be changed being a passive supporter won't influence a damn thing. The players "should do this" and epo "should do that" doesn't change the situation. As far as Ketsbaia goes, again, no international experience as a COACH. Playing internationally doesn't qualify you to be a coach for World Cup games. Potential for the future? Sure, why not? But not as of today. The fans around the world can start something like an online petition; the fans in Greece can hold demonstrations in front of EPO's offices and not show up for the qualifying games. Then they'll think twice.

There is no problem with playing for the win now and not giving all this playing time to all these youngsters.

Oto likes to bring the youngsters on the team for a few games before he gives them anytime. Kind of paying their dues.

Not saying I agree with it fully, but I like the fact that he tells them, "You are plying great for your club team but this is another level".

Now when the game was 3-0, why not put in a young offensive player to give him a chance. That is a bigger question.

As far as petitions and stuff, they won't do anything to fire Oto. When we won the Euro, everyone bent over backwards for him bacause they feared he would leave. Now they are scared that if they fire him they cannot hire a capable replacement.

I agree w/Drakos. The older players - if they truly want Greece to be in SA - need to gracefully step away and let the next generation get a chance. If Otto will not go for youth and keep going back to the well, then they should be honest and say "no thank you."

Archived