Phantis Forums

NT Friendly Games

Blackhawk

Skibbe should have banged the table, thats true. But EPO could have known Ethniki needs some friendlies. Surely they know a national team used to play friendly games to infuse younger players and try new tactics. I would say both of them are responsible.

I wanted to add that imagine what Otto or Santos would have done if EPO wouldnt have organized a single friendly match in a year. Clearly they would have shouted the heads of EPO officials off.

Edited by La Mendel
a thought that came later
  • Like it 1

The reason is that now we have people at EPO that care about the national team and Greek football in general. The previous leadership was there to just make money for themselves and to serve their master.

• Like it 2

• 1 month later...

True, but we shouldn't be comparing ourselves to the necessarily since we're never in the same qualifying groups as them. Still it's nice to see the Ethniki playing against some different countries that they would otherwise not be playing.

There were reports of the Americans putting on a friendly tournament for the best countries that didn't make the world cup, but I guess that fell through?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2018 at 3:36 PM, Molon Lave said:

Oh my! Greece will get to face two Arabic nations. Haha! 

predominately muslim. iran is not arab. they're persians and they speak farsi which is closer to Greek than Arabic linguistically as it's an Indo-European language. c'mon now lol.

Egyptians aren't arabs either they're Egyptian and had their own language but were conquered by Arabs and took on the language. Before they used Coptic predominately. (Still used in the North where a lot are orthodox Christian)

Edited by georgelaz

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

Egypt are part of the African continent. They speak Arabic. I don't know about Iran. I thought they were an Arab speaking country. 

laz is right, iran is persia and egypt had their own identity before being conquered by arabs as happened with most north african nations.

On 3/27/2018 at 4:55 PM, Soprano76 said:

True, but we shouldn't be comparing ourselves to the necessarily since we're never in the same qualifying groups as them. Still it's nice to see the Ethniki playing against some different countries that they would otherwise not be playing.

There were reports of the Americans putting on a friendly tournament for the best countries that didn't make the world cup, but I guess that fell through?

As much as it would be nice seeing the ethniki, it`s a weird concept altogether and I we`re better off waiting a couple more months and kick off the Nations League in September. 

• Like it 1

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, Dean97 said:

I know Iran are Persians. It's says that Farsi and Arabic are two different languages. I always thought Persians spoke Arabic. But they don't.

Hala yulla bulla ulla dulla- it all sounds the same re maik!

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...

As usual, but no surprise to me, we will go into the League of Nations as clueless as we finished the WCQ’s. 

Warning you guys now, be prepared for some abominable results & performances as Tziolis & Tachtsidis lead the midfield with Bakasetas on one wing & Mantalos on the other (both central players)

We completely wasted our friendlies something only Skibbe is capable of.. He has no clue what he's going to do and he's going to keep making decisions on the fly.. Tziolis, Taxi, and company will be ready to go and play some big minutes for us... Instead of using this opportunity just to tinker with a few posisitons the idiot coach had a complete overhaul in our last game but yet somehow didn't find the need to change Tziolis... This coach is clueless and I'm not seeing anything good coming out of the nations league.. He now has no choice but to play the same line ups as he did last World Cup campaign because he hasn't made any changes...

• Like it 2