Phantis Forums

Rosenborg vs Pao

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chalkias is the reason why pao isnt on 8 points and in the thick of the action to qualify also the 2nd goal he parried it straight to the player and also its wasnt skanzis fault rosenberg were gifted 2 goals by chalkias

you wrong... dont forget what he saved with arsenal, tha eixame xasei kai sta 2 games an den ta epiane o Xalkias

From wut i am gathering here Pao played a very hard fought game and probably didn't come out with the win that warrant this game

And i see alot bitterness here from the Pao fans arguing with one another, questioning there trainer, and wanting the head of Halkias

i ain't saying its wrong but instead of u guys just questioning everything that went on here u should be siding with one another thinking about beating PSV and wutever the result is in highbury u guys will stick with your team in the end

see u guys December 4th

olympiakos11 makes good point! Lets stop this beckering man. Oi elpida telioni teleftea,,,lets just win the psv take whatever as it comes.Afterall arsenal also drew in oslo and got an undeserved penalty against us in london. I just feel it will be a damn injustice if we dont go through. Skazny has turked around our pathetic performances with shoum. Lets just hope things turn out our way next week.

When Norwegian forwards are allowed to roam about PAO's penalty area unimpeded, how is it Halkias fault? When on a set piece, Forwards go unmarked and there is no defender on the goal line, how is it Halkias' fault? When Norwegian forwards win headers and have time to recover and pounce on their own rebound - with no defender in sight - how is it Halkias' fault?

A defence consists of 5 men, not just one!

Halkias isn't a perfect keeper. He has is great moments and his awful moments. The best Greek goalkeeper right now is Fanis Katergiannakis, who is one of the best keepers in the italian league right now.

So Halkias isn't a perfect keeper :rolleyes: ...Time to bring in Galinovic who is indeed perfect !!! :LOL:

As for Katergiannakis....I cant remember any vazelo-fan to make this comments when Fanis was at Olympiako. Then he was crap. Now he is good!! Similarly Antonis. Up to last year he was the best keeper in Grece. Now he's crap... :unsure:

A FEW THINGS ON THE GAME AND HALKIAS (and MIHALAKIS a.k.a Palto)

We lost the GAME because of our defensive errors. YOu CANNOT play with 3 Central Defenders and concede 2 goals inside the Keepers Area. That alone is proof enough for me that the defence was at fault for both Goals. However, one could say that we lost that match because of our inability to score a second goal when we had the chances in the 1st half, or that the game was lost because Scasni fell asleep on the bench (my opinion is that when you go 2-1 up just 5 minutes after being equalized you bring in another defender. I am not sure he should have risked bringing in Olisadebe earlier in that shity field based on the history of his injuries. Perhaps he could have brought in Bikowski instead of Mitu or Sapanis a bit earlier on Scanchel to slow down the game)

REgarding HALKIAS I could find a few good reasons for the fumble in the Second Goal (the rain or the fact that a Header from 2 meters is as powerful as a shot)

Aside from the aforementioned defensive mess His positioning in the FIRST GOAL is INEXCUSABLE.

MIHALAKIS was great and if some blame him for not passing to Olisadebe in the last chance I have only one thing to say... A CENTER FORWARD DOES NOT PASS THE BALL WHEN HE IS HEAD TO HEAD FACING THE KEEPER NO MATTER WHO IS NEXT TO HIM UNMARKED....

The best greek goalkeeper is Sifakis, especially in that age.

I agree, i like sifakis too... also, Zafiropoulos from Apollon Kalamarias :tup: :tup:

Chalkias made a contibution to both Rosenborg goals. 1st one because he didn't spread himself but kept his arms close to his body fearing a collision. For the 2nd goal he did save it but should have palmed the ball away insted of just blocking it and giving Bragstad a 2nd chance to punish us.

It's simple and easy...... on the first goal......the Norvegian kicked it in ....from the 5 meters line...from a narrow angle....... after a cross.... (enough time to act correctly for a goalkeeper)

As a goalkeeper (I m talking now of good goalkeepers)....despite the fact if you have good defense or not.........because you have 2 hands...and you are 2 meters tall........

As I said as a goalkeeper, If you go out of your Goal.... then you must get that ball......... if you think, you can't get that ball , so you stay in your cage......

But not ...chickering around the small penalty box area........

It's only the timing that counts here...... You just go out...or fly out....with your whole body-weight.....and you box that ball away......or you fly out and you close the angle.....as the Norvegian was not in the middle but at the edge of the small penalty box line.......

I wouldn't say anything about this action....but when I saw the stupid second goal too......so I must say, he did not have his best day yesterday.....that's all.....

Dragonfly man what it with u and luck

Was it luck that Pao made it to the CL final in 1971?

Was it luck Greec won Euro 2004?

If it is luck then are u saying that the top 2 best achievements for Greece in the International Football arena, where was OSFP?

huh, badluck huh, its funny how our Ethniki is made up of mostly Pao (or ex) players ;)

Guys i dont think we should panic if we can draw with Arsenal twice and Rosenberg can draw with us i have feeling Rosenberg will draw with Arsenal ;)

Its just up to us to beat PSV and learn from our mistakes against Rosenberg

BTW DRAGONFLY U PROLLY GOT THIS PICTURE UP IN UR ROOM SINCE UR INTO THE 80'S STUFF ENJOY :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Posted Image

Michael Knight... :) he was one of my heroes indeed!

Greece was lucky in a way in Euro2004. All the big guns of Europe, it was obvious that they were tired after their long and heavy seasons...

Pana's participation in 1971's final ....I dont even know why you mention it... Everyone knows how you got there, and what was Mr Papadopoulos and Aslanidis part in it... :(

Now do you also have a picture of KITT ? It'd be appreciated... B)

Michael Knight... :) he was one of my heroes indeed!

Greece was lucky in a way in Euro2004. All the big guns of Europe, it was obvious that they were tired after their long and heavy seasons...

Pana's participation in 1971's final ....I dont even know why you mention it... Everyone knows how you got there, and what was Mr Papadopoulos and Aslanidis part in it... :(

Now do you also have a picture of KITT ? It'd be appreciated... B)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

By 'everone' he means the red side of Greece lol

It's their jealousy.

Until they actually bring one document to show us evidence for this claim we shall just let them burn inside with envy :P

back to the game now

u guys should have won this game

the heather played a role but when you are winning the game and have the lead,, u need to win and not tie

now: osfp has 4 chances to advacne

-win

-tie

-lose 1-0

-mon tie

mon lose

u guys a win by arsenal and whetever u do will not count

An unfortunate result for PAO but they have to look forward now to the next match against PSV.

Blaming individual players after the fact isn't necessarily going to change the situation. That's for the PAO board to decide with the upcoming transfer season.

It's been a tough group. Most teams would have choked against PAO's opposition. PAO haven't and in fact, have proven themselves to be a worthy club. At least they have bitched and complained their way through this like Arse-nal have.

I'm surprised everybody thinks Halkias was at fault..

As for the first goal, its a defenders responsibility to stop the player from connecting. It was a very strong cross at the first post and Halkias could not have left his goal and gone out to stop it. Only Toxouroglou tries that stuff.

As for the second he made a very good save. Its asking too much to expect him to clear the ball to safe position too.

Anyway compared to Antonis on Tuesday he did fine

ALL three goals the "Roses" scored on PAO since the first game, were horrific keeper errors.

Add to that the Nikopolidis screw up at Ukrane with the NT, and we have nervous times for our teams....

Their first goal was depressing, Halkias did not go to the ball with conviction, like he was afraid, he was walking not running, inexcusable

The second one was bad too, the header was not powerful at all, and he certainly had the choice of at least punching it away from the box, instead of passing it to the Roses, he should have been credited with an assist on that one.

Again it goes back to that ignorant Scum for losing at Eindhoven.

Unlike last year when we played ONE sole good game and made it to the UEFA, this year PAO has made us proud

We were in a very tight group, we managed two ties against arguably the cream of European football,... the Arses.

We were robbed in London, twice, once by luck and once by the ref.

Our results so far are good, and above expectations.

The reason why PAO is in this predicament is none other than the very valuable and surprising 0-1 win at Trondheim by PSV.

Sometimes it is not enough to get good results, you need help from the other teams

Roses have a chance to make it up to us by drawing at Highburry, unlikely but NOT impossible.

PAO is going to play the BEST team of this group at home, and unless we lose we have nothing to be sad about.

The UEFA cup is a prestigious European competition, and one that gives us BETTER chances of advancing, since we will be drawn with the THIRD teams from the UEFA groups.

The sad part is NOT, going to the UEFA, but rather missing a great chance for Greece to have two teams in the next CL stages, I hope gauros makes it.

If AEK plays some football... they might continue to the next round and at least we could have two teams there.

What upset me was the way we tied our last two games away.

BOTH of these games should have been wins, instead they were gifts that we gave the opposing teams

The ONLY time we were, kind of, routing for the Arses, they screwed us up again

The positive side is, Konstantinou scoring nice goals, and the team scoring 2 goals in three CL games!

If we go out, it will be with pride and honour, and believe me the Arses will remember PAO ...

Most importantly, Scum is gone, and our European record is much improved from last year

Never do I want to witness another disgrace like the Auxaire games

I like the UEFA, if PAO continues to improve and with our injured back, who knows...

I prefer advancing farther in the Uefa that just making it to the next CL round.

The opportunity to have two Greek teams in the CL was enticing

PANATHA I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!

PEACE

Archived