Phantis Forums

Rosenborg vs Pao

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The coach thinks a draw is good as well.

NO IT IS NOT.

Especially if PSV wins or a tie game , then Arsenal has an easy home game vs. Rosenberg and goal differnce on PAO.

YOU MUST WIN COACH. I hate it when coaches play for a tie, there is always a let up somewhere. PAO has the talent to bury this team.

GO FOR IT PAO!!!

The coach thinks a draw is good as well.

NO IT IS NOT.

Especially if PSV wins or a tie game , then Arsenal has an easy home game vs. Rosenberg and goal differnce on PAO.

YOU MUST WIN COACH.  I hate it when coaches play for a tie, there is always a let up somewhere.  PAO has the talent to bury this team.

GO FOR IT PAO!!!

maybee he's just bluffing ;)

Anyway, there already is a topic about the rosenborg-pao game.

where did you hear this?????????!??!?!??!??!

if we play to tie i will kill him! there is a total of ONE option. WIN. The only way we can go through with a tie is if Rosenborg can manage to not lose to Arsenal in London!!!!!!!!! please tell me we arent about to be that stupid.

Playing for the tie would be a HUGE mistke. First, as we all know, playing for a tie usually results in a loss. Second, a tie does not REALLY help PAO that much. In case PAO does tie, though, Arsenal will have to beat PSV to give PAO any realistic chance of advancing. Then it would come down to PAO's head-to-head vs. PSV, with PSV still having a 1-0 advantage from Eindhoven. A 2-goal win at Leoforos would give PAO the prokrisi.

If I were the coach, I'd say, look, I've just started with the team, I'm building it, we're trying new stuff, euro is not a priority right now.... it's more important we play well no matter what the result! Yes, a tie is a very good result against such a very well organized team in its own home!

Com'on these statements mean nothing! Absolutely, NOTHING. It's pure strategy to throw off your opponent. I don't know if you noticed, but Scazni moved players around in the match with Kallithea, because he know Roz coaches were watching.

As for statements, remember the ridiculous one by Shoum..... oh, we'll play to win, I like offensive games, we did very well (even if we crashed and burned)....

If Scazni has the confidence of the players, he can talk to them in private and pump them up..... The press conferences are for the rest of us to waste some time talking about hot air....

I think PAO can win this game, and it must if we are to be a serious europ team. These are the games you win there. Who said from PSV that in this league it's the wins that count, not the ties....

GO PANATHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scazny never said we will go for a tie, he said the following

"Main objective is not to lose, however we will go out to win". These are his exact words. I both read this and heard him on TV.

I see a solid 0-2 win. Possibly 1-2 with a late goal for the Norwegians.

Playing for the tie would be a HUGE mistke. First, as we all know, playing for a tie usually results in a loss. Second, a tie does not REALLY help PAO that much. In case PAO does tie, though, Arsenal will have to beat PSV to give PAO any realistic chance of advancing. Then it would come down to PAO's head-to-head vs. PSV, with PSV still having a 1-0 advantage from Eindhoven. A 2-goal win at Leoforos would give PAO the prokrisi.

yes it would be a mistake

they did this in holland and lost 1-0

i dont see why when u guys tie vs any team is considered such a huge result

fine with arsenal on the road fine but at home u should have beaten them not concentrate on a tie !

going into todays game anything less then a win is not acceptable

if u keep tying u will never reach first in thr group

Gents is the game on the net, and if yes where. i seem to have trouble with 98.4.

The game is going to be very tough for PAO, because when a visiting team plays in conditions such as the ones that are facing them today, no matter how hard one tries, the cold overtakes your thought process. The ball is hard, the ground is hard, the footing is treacherous and the overall reaction to the ball is slowed.

Getting warm is the overburden thought. I hope for an early goal, because it will take the heart out of Rosenborg. :box: :box: :box:

Tough prediction..1-0 PAO

having played in conditions such as these, you don't want to fall behind, and having to attack in order to score because the ball does unimaginable things. The bounces are very different. It is easier defending because at times you only need to get a part of your body on it and not control it.

its gunna be a tough one...this is what our lineup looks like

------------halkias--------------------

---kotsios---henriksen---kyriakos----

---vyntra-----------------svouras------

-----maric-------basinas-----skacel--

----------------gonzalez--------------

----------------michali-----------------

we gotta win the midfield...bottom line..we have alot of attack on rthe bench...svouras and vyntra will have to do a good job becase rosenborg rely on their wings..if they can shut off the wongs we wil be ok..i think this lineup is good too defend rosenborg but also good to attack..skacel basina nd maric will clog the midfield aloowling gonzalez to roam and basinas to step forward alittle..michali will ned to play his heart out...we have olisadebe, sapanis,bykowski, mitu, morris and goumas n the bench...

they were thinking about postponing the game because of the terrible weather but uefa has decided to play it out...pao are not used to these conditions as rosenborg are..we needa try to fight through it and play our game

it will be a sloppy sloppy game...

Just heard on ERA Sport...

Still a possibility that the game may be postponed; the field is simply awful. If it is, the new match date will be November 30, and the game will be from the beginning, even if the game begins today and is later stopped by the referee

again, UEFA approves this bullshit to play in the winter but we cant have leoforo????????????? come on, no roof/heating??? how is that champions league standards (for a place that cold where you cant have a match in winter). They should be forced to play in more temperate places like Copenhagen or somewhere near.

I don't get it. If they postpone the match till Nov 30, won't the weather conditions be even worse? We're talking about Norway here. That's why their own championship starts so early and ends at the end of Oct/beginning of November----the winter conditions in the arctic tundra are too harsh for any outdoor sport like football.

Either way, it would be sad to see the conditions of the pitch affect the outcome of such an important match. Moreover, conditions like this only produce brutal injuries, never any super highlights.

Good luck to PAO.

Archived