Phantis Forums

Arsenal - Panathinaikos

slick13

very good game for Panathinaikos, too bad Basinas missed the penalty and Arsenal's penalty wasn't a penalty!

but anyway, great job boys! :tup:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a game, almost na pethano............ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bravo ston ######meno ispano diaititi, nice penalty......

nice game from Kotsio, Kirgiako, Henriksen, Vyntra!!!!!!!

posa penalty exoume xasei???? prepei na vroume allon na ta xtypaei..... krimas :( :( :(

the only think, why evale ton Mixalaki mesa kai oxi ton Manoli.... mporei na ekane kati parapano o Manolaras!!!!!!! ;)

I watched the game on tv, it was not "enjoyable"

There was definitely no penalty against pao, the same action but on the other side, the ref would have never granted a penalty for pao! Good dive of Viera though, well done...

Ashley Cole really tried to break Pap's leg , fortunately for him, he hasn't even received a yellow card...

Only one opportunity to score for Arsenal in 90 minutes, by Reyes... but no opportunity for pao!!! The goal 's scored by df Cygan (own goal) with a header, because Vyntra had missed the target on his shot.

PAO could have won this game, but they failed because of a lack of ambition, they're still in race for qualification but they must win twice.

what a game, almost na pethano............ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bravo ston ######meno ispano diaititi, nice penalty......

nice game from Kotsio, Kirgiako, Henriksen, Vyntra!!!!!!!

posa penalty exoume xasei???? prepei na vroume allon na ta xtypaei..... krimas :( :( :(

the only think, why evale ton Mixalaki mesa kai oxi ton Manoli.... mporei na ekane kati parapano o Manolaras!!!!!!! ;)

cmon...if you watch the plays leading to our goal...you have to notice that it was konstantinou's battling that got us possession...and time....

Kotsios...needs to play more often...him an kirgiako....are solid.

As for basinas....you cant score every penalty.....ask henry... bergkamp... baggio...or whoever.....he is our penalty taker and it should stay that way.

Damn I missed the game!! Had to stay at work :angry: My wife called me to let me know what was happening. She did mention that the game was slow in the 1st half but picked up wth action at the 2nd. I should have told her to tape it <_<

I'm so glad PAO tied it, luck or not. Yeah too bad basinas missed and beckamed it :o Wasn't at all thrilled to hear Papa got injured again but they say not serious. whew!

Will watch highlights tonight.

Later guys, gotta go, my wife cooked a steak for me for missing the game :)

Bravo Trifili !!!

PANATHINAIKOS has once again made Greeks proud abroad!

1 - 1

Very good performance with many absences.

Munch, Goumas, SanMartean, Manolis, are dearly missed...

PAO was so close to a triumph, but while luck and refereeing were against PAO in the beginning, they did smile back at the end

Even the ESPN crew admitted that the penalty given to Arse was a bit "controversial"...

Basinas misses again a penalty at Highburry, like last time (2-1), and his opportunity to make history ...

Arse-anal had ONE chance the whole game !!!

PAO has been transformed in Europe since Scums departure

Scasni believes in the players and is a better tactician. I believe we will not have to suffer through disgraceful performances like Auxaire and PSV again...

Scum had Rene Henricksen written off, and ONCE AGAIN he was SO wrong!!!

Much better set up on the field and psychology for our team

Three times, in two games vs Arse-anal, PAO has had to come back from one goal down, that in itself, is a major feat, and one that is accomplished by players that believe in themselves and their coach

Halkias was solid for a change, Vyntra and especially Kotsios, were way above expectations

Both players that made crucial errors, Bassinas and Kyrgiakos, were otherwise outstanding

Only letdown was Gonzo who was marked too close to perform.

Imagine if Konstantinidis was a better midfielder, or if Munch played instead

Great result against a super team that has NOT beaten PAO this year.

CONGRATULATIONS Panathinaike

you are Greece's pride in Europe. :gr:

Good luck to ALL our teams in the next two days :tup:

PEACE

1 thing ive noticed....cause i just watched the game again...is that we severly lack wide players...who can actually take on a player without just kicking the ball forward and hoping to pass them with pace..or muscle through....eg. kostandinidis...as soon as he has a player infront of him...he does a little bake n shake dance with his feet...stops and just gets rid of the ball or kicks it forward and never reaches it.

O MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VYNTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

the boy has changed a lot the last months!

You see what happens when Old man EverGreen tells you to be patient because he's a talented player? B)
haha...dont take all the credit for that re...ive been saying it all along too :D :D :D

i wanna go back to the posts during the olympics to recall the person i argued with when they were saying Vyntra is trash...id ust like to resurrect that post!!

We definitely should have won this game! But we got a point and the team played their asses off. Halkias was just great; starting Henriksen was absolutely right. He was excellent today and anyone who thinks he can't play anymore because of his age should wake up and smell the coffee. The Arseholes proved just how talented they are today by DIVING. Congratulations morons. We didn't play quite as well as we did in Athens but whatever. When Olisadebe comes back 100% watch out. BRAVO PANATHINAIKOS & SKASNI !!

O MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VYNTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

the boy has changed a lot the last months!

You see what happens when Old man EverGreen tells you to be patient because he's a talented player? B)
haha...dont take all the credit for that re...ive been saying it all along too :D :D :D

i wanna go back to the posts during the olympics to recall the person i argued with when they were saying Vyntra is trash...id ust like to resurrect that post!!

first- 1 own goal doesnt make him a decent player. who is rushing to conclusions re? me or you?

in the begining of the year he was pitiful. last year he was pitiful. the last month i think his performance has improved significantly but everyone has a good spell.

sorry drakos..i wasnt trying to hint at you or anything..i honestly forgot who i had the argument with...but, i am not just commenting on the goal (which isnt and shouldnt be counted as his) but with his performance ever since he got his chance..its not him being in form..its him learning and playing with all the heart and energy he has in him..he has been one of the most consitiant performers this year on that right side...last year he barely played for pao and when he was at paniliakos he did impress, but his play did seem naive...he seems to be growing as a player and is really playing very good ball....in the olymics he did play very poorly...but he also did play out of position and with other naive players as himself...he is nowhere ner the player he can be, but lowly he is getting there...i have confidence in him because he has the ability and the will to become a better player...he has improved very much..i dont think it has anything to do with form...he is simply just playing good ball and is building his confidence and his ability...

Congrats to the Irish, the game was played on inspiration,passion and heart and it got you the result against a mediocre Arsenal, the best time to hit them thus far this season and you went out there and did just that. Whats with papa? I just got hom

This keeps the hunt alive, and gives ELLADARA some VALUABLE points, as OLYMPIAKOS will whip up on the French pussys tomorrow and clean up with advancement B)

BTW where is that mental midget slick13 that wanted skazni out after the FIRST home domestic match ? As for Vyntra, listen the kid has shown he is capable if being solid and worthy of a place in Pao (if other jack knobs like eppalle,konstandinou can) so easy on the kid and give him TIME.

I felt disappointed after watching the game! :(

PAO could have won it!

Anyway, Rosenborg are out of it so concentrate on the next game in Norway. I think you have a good chance of advancing! :tup:

Good luck!

i agree here

they played a mediocre team they were givwen a free goal a missed penalty and came away wiht a 1-1 tie

a result like this is always good on english soil but the win was achivable!

PAO needs to play firmly... this result is OK but a real PAO team would already have hunted such a poor Arsenal who had only one chance entire game... And I can't believe not a simple guy pointed out Konstantinou's effort before the goal... Even most of the PAO fans still do not understand how valuable he's for this club... If PAO finds it identity, than it will be an easy qualification cause Rosenborg is no match and a real PAO team will break the house down against Phillips-Sport-Verein...

PANA :nw:

Guest Protathlitis

Good result shame about the penalty, why did Basinas smile like that was he laughing at something or being a cocky c***. Otherwise Angelos was your best player.

I found myself watching the game at 6:30am in Melbourne actually shouting that panathinaikos should get a penalty. I hope some of the pao idiots in here who say the same s%$#! for every single thread on every single topic find themselves doing the same when the OLYMPIAKARA play tomorrow

Archived