Phantis Forums

Arsenal - Panathinaikos

slick13

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAO needs to play firmly... this result is OK but a real PAO team would already have hunted such a poor Arsenal who had only one chance entire game... And I can't believe not a simple guy pointed out Konstantinou's effort before the goal... Even most of the PAO fans still do not understand how valuable he's for this club... If PAO finds it identity, than it will be an easy qualification cause Rosenborg is no match and a real PAO team will break the house down against Phillips-Sport-Verein...

PANA :nw:

If you read further up..u will notice 1 of my posts...were i talk about konstandinou... your not by urself on that one!!!

I have noticed that some of our gay-friends are already talking about a medicore Arse-nal... Yes you are right Arse-nal is KAFENEIO!!!! ANTE GEIA OMOS!!!!! :P

Anyway great match by PAO although I believe Skazni was crap throughout the game... The line up was OK (even though I thought that there is no apparent reason why Maric should play), but there are several other problems that he had throughout the match...

First of all Pap gets injured and we win a penalty... The guy doesn't even wait for the penalty to be taken and he puts in Mitu.... He could have waited 10 seconds just to see the outcome of that penalty, and put either Manolaki or Mitu... I think after Basinas missed the penalty he should have put Manoli in...

Another thing of Skazni is that PSV was winning from the 10th minute and the guy did not even lissen to the score at all!!! If he knew that PSV was winning he should have risked a bit more to get the win... Because at the end of the day, we still need to win BOTH of the remaining games. Same case as if we had lost yesturday.... The only difference is that know we can finish first if we win both games... So Skazni should have risked a bit more for the win and the 3 points. He did not have anything to loose....

Now as far as Basinas is concerned I have to say that the guy was absolutely brilliant!!! He played a lot better than all the Arse-nal midfielders and I also loved the moment when he smiled at the camera ironically... At the moment I though... Oh god he is going to kill Lehman and all the Arse-nal scum!!! I am telling you it was my favourite moment when everybody had so much pressure and he showed that he was calm and ready to murder them...... :tup: Anyway he missed the penalty, cannot blame him because even the biggest players in the world miss penalties....

Finally a BIG congrats to our best player of the game which was RENE!!!! :nw: :nw: He was magnificent and I still say the same thing... 35 year, one-leg Henriksen is 10 times better that any other defender in Greece!!!!

FORZA RENE!!! :tup: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Finally Arse-nal scum got what they deserved!!! They are a bunch of Alitakia, starting with the Aliti-asxeto Wenger (don't know if you noticed by the way he did play at all from the roght side where we had Kotsio and Konstadinidi and he always played from the other side where Kyriakos and Vyntra were dominating the game) going to Arni, Pirez and of course the biggest aliti of all Ljunberg!!! ANTE GEIA RE VROMOLAMOIA!!!!! :box:

Few points:

First thing, Basina wasn't smiling for the camera as such, he was responding to the taunts from Arsenal fans behind the goal. Footballers don't smile and show off to the camera as they are hardely aware of their positions. But it was the Arse fans behind the goal that were making hand gestures and shouting for him to miss, so he responded coolly.

Second, he tried to take the pen the way he took it for Greece against Portugal. On another day it would have been unstoppable.

Third, had he scored it, the game would most likely have still ended 1-1 because it would have changed the way the game was played and Vyntra's opportunity to shoot would never have happened.

Fourth, in Europe, Arsenal are usually not as good as they are in England because premierleague teams don't know how to defend. They were medicre against us because we made them look mediocre. We took our time, drew them in and passed it, slowed the game down to slow their fast pace they like to play with. That was good and if other prem teams do that they can get results against Arsenal but the English style of football is to open up and forget the defence. They are not clever defenders and tacticians.

Fifth, a word for our Gavroi friends, how gracious of you to come here and call Arsenal mediocre and downplay our achievement. You sound like your little shitty team would have done better last night if they played Arsenal although you have nothing in your history to prove for that :P

Enjoy your BIG BIG BIG game tonight, I will be hoping you lose :rolleyes:

Enjoy your BIG BIG BIG game tonight, I will be hoping you lose :rolleyes:

C'mon now. This comment is really sad. Everybody should support OSFP tonight because at the end of the day we are all Greeks. Also Monaco is a French team and these malakes are always against us.

F**k the french

GO OSFP

Good result shame about the penalty, why did Basinas smile like that was he laughing at something or being a cocky c***. Otherwise Angelos was your best player.

I found myself watching the game at 6:30am in Melbourne actually shouting that panathinaikos should get a penalty. I hope some of the pao idiots in here who say the same s%$#! for every single thread on every single topic find themselves doing the same when the OLYMPIAKARA play tomorrow

not going to happen. I hate your club, and dont wish it sucess in everything. This is what a RIVALRY is.

The only reason i want geys to win games is so we can meet you in the knock out phase. :box:

PAO needs to play firmly... this result is OK but a real PAO team would already have hunted such a poor Arsenal who had only one chance entire game... And I can't believe not a simple guy pointed out Konstantinou's effort before the goal... Even most of the PAO fans still do not understand how valuable he's for this club... If PAO finds it identity, than it will be an easy qualification cause Rosenborg is no match and a real PAO team will break the house down against Phillips-Sport-Verein...

PANA  :nw:

If you read further up..u will notice 1 of my posts...were i talk about konstandinou... your not by urself on that one!!!
after I posted it I read yours... sorry, mate sometimes I become a bit careless :LOL:

WELL SAID THE TURK!!!!!! That is the attitude we must have in europe.

This is not the attitude to have in Europe... If one wants success, he must demand resistance to be thereabouts... Without ambition, being a living wreck is the easiest thing in the world! That was the summary of last year, nicht war? I think this is Scasni's year and it's a sort of rebuilding... not of the squad but of the minds of all PAO players, fans, staff...etc

I'm afraid Shum -in just a year- transformed the heroicly-ambitious PAO squad of last 8-9 years to a multitude of ambition-lacking and useless-looking players... One can not explain the difference better that came along with Scasni...

This is a good year for PAO... In Katigoria, things may not go well and a top two finish will be OK... but if the team can go to the knock out stages, it will be a huge boost to the entire club...

Good days in Europe are coming closer for Panathiniakos... I can see it!!! :tup:

Good result... could have been alot better...but lets not forget not a whole lot of us thought we could achieve this before the game was played.

I had an exam today, and the game finished something like 10 minutes before my exam started, and it was my hardest exam this semester, and everyone was outside studying before the exam and Im the only one listeninig to it on the radio and jumping up and down and screaming when we scored and everyones looking at me.

LOL. All my mates were laugghing

Anywaz

a few positives to take from the game have already been mentioned. Vyntras performance, konstantinou is valuable to the team, ive been saying this for ages.

To keep Arsenal to one chance for 90 minutes in Highbury, Premier League or Europe, is absolutely awesome. Shows how far tactics and organisation can take you, and if you add Henriksen to your defence.

Dont blame Basinas - remember Baggio WC94?

Skansy wasnt too bad - I for one would have made the Morris sub as well if i was in that position, but Maric starting - didnt he miss a chance to take the lead after 1-1? Greek commentators on radio arent that great! lol they are entertaining though.

Anyways, 2 wins and its done. What makes me happier is its not PSV that we could knock out, its Arsenal!

lol

and pappou and Panos13:

FORZA MONACO!!!!!!!!!!!

and if the real arsenal team had shown up the last 2 games.... u guys would have lost at least 1 but as usual u faced a mediocre team and tied them 2 games and will brag for years to come !

but just remnember we beat an english club this year u guys tied !

and of course u will reply with well we beat them 3 years ago etc etc well that means nothing right now!

and if the real arsenal team had shown up the last 2 games.... u guys would have lost at least 1 but as usual u faced a mediocre team and tied them 2 games and will brag for years to come !

and of course u will reply with well we beat them 3 years ago etc etc well that means nothing right now!

At least the players speak to each other (La corunia), been together for many years (Monaco), and actually know how to pass the ball and miss chances (Liverpool).... :P :P :P

Vre ti kafeneio einai ayth h Arse-nal SCUM!!!! :P

You compare Liverpool to Arsenal who is 1st to Liverpool who is 6th? The Champions of England to the nobodies of England? Arse's squad of player to those of Liverpool?

Ofcourse, Arsenal didn't show up against us, they couldn't we didn't allow them. If that's the case why'd the f...where you celebrating during the summer when neither Fance, Czech's and Portugal didn't show up?

Thrylos MTL, I had a lot of respect for your comments in the past until I read this one. You dissapoint me man since no matter our rivalry and you wanting us to lose which i accept, I fail to accept non recognition of a truly grat result with our backs to the wall having lost Goumas, Munch before the game, Papadopoulos during the game and with Olisadebe, Morris, Kirgiakos unfit, Kotsios making his debut and Gonzalez have a really off -day. This result showed big brave balls and you just can't recognise that because you read too much protathliti.

and of course u will reply with well we beat them 3 years ago  etc etc well that means nothing right now!

You compare Liverpool to Arsenal who is 1st to Liverpool who is 6th? The Champions of England to the nobodies of England? Arse's squad of player to those of Liverpool?

Ofcourse, Arsenal didn't show up against us, they couldn't we didn't allow them. If that's the case why'd the f...where you celebrating during the summer when neither Fance, Czech's and Portugal didn't show up?

Thrylos MTL, I had a lot of respect for your comments in the past until I read this one. You dissapoint me man since no matter our rivalry and you wanting us to lose which i accept, I fail to accept non recognition of a truly grat result with our backs to the wall having lost Goumas, Munch before the game, Papadopoulos during the game and with Olisadebe, Morris, Kirgiakos unfit, Kotsios making his debut and Gonzalez have a really off -day. This result showed big brave balls and you just can't recognise that because you read too much protathliti.

yeah...that was a pretty damn good post...

Thrylos MTL, I had a lot of respect for your comments in the past until I read this one.

Yeah, pretty good post apart from this line :P

Which of his comments has ever deserved respect? You give our friend thrillosmtl too much undeserved credit Evergreen :D

ok first off all whether u respect me or not I could care less

and yes u did play a mediocre arsenal teamthat is currently on a slump in europe and england

and some of their players missing so this guys is missing that guy is missing ... that plays no role if both teams are missing players !

arsenal are in a slump and u guys could have won this game !!

same thing went with liverpool with us

We bea them we controlled the game and won

but on the other hand u guys say we got lucky and Liverpool idnt play good etc etc

gerard was missing etc etc .... please spare us !

so if I do the same... please dont complain !

i now arsenal is better then liverpool but all in all and a lot of people c agree that u guys never give credit to OSFP when we win . u always find an exuse why the other teams lost

so forgive me for doing the same on your team!

as much as I want PAO to go far also for the sake of greek football we can be recognized... the attitudes and opinions I read from people in here makes me hate your team even more!

Archived