Phantis Forums

Arsenal - Panathinaikos

slick13

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm just curious what arni and pipes are going to say about the match...

you have to get at least one victory through teh next games. most probably two to get to the next round. but if arsenal plays like that against psv it could be possible that they will get to the uefa and you will proceed.

Good result. But if only Basinas had made his penalty and/or for that BS penalty that Arsenal got.....We would've walked out of Highbury with 3 points and 2nd place in the group. PSV winning 1-0 over Rosenborg does not help us at all. PAO need to win out and get some help from PSV. PSV still has to play Arsenal and if they can trip them up in Holland, we can take 2nd place and Arsenal would retain their reputation as Europe's choke artists. But all in all, a good preformance by PAO. :gr:

Whats the story with basinas. He winks in front of the camera when lining up for the penalty and he smiles to cameras when he is about to take it.

I think his got a chip over his shoulder and I hope he learns by his cockiness that probably cost pao 3 point in highbury. He should be fined by the club.

He should be more repsonsible on the win, euro is over and there is no room for complacency by him. You do not miss penalties at this level.

The best result for us would be a win for PSV. That combined with our win at Rosenborg will guarantee us a spot in the quarters , knocking out Arsenal. It is likely that PSV will come to Athens with not their best side.

On a side note, it seems as though Dimis injury is a serious one. We are still waiting for the medical report.

Looking back its probably better that basinas didnt score coz their is no way we would of been able to hold on for that long..

Why must we play so defensive i was upset when morris came on instead of olissadebbe!!! if olissadebbe came on he could of been chasing balls down the line make nuesense of himself and you dont know what coudl have happened maybe a winner could of been scored..

But Basinas attitude definetly has come from winning the euro no greek player is ever that cocky when playign away the all s%$#! their pants coz they are all pansises they act like stars at home but when we play away we dont talk dont talk back to the referree.

But none the less its a godd result and we must now move on and beat PSV at home to coem closer to qualifyign. GO PAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

i dont think its basinas being cocky cause he did nothing but play his heart out al game long...it is unexcusable that he misses a chance lie that though...he needs to focus more...i mean, it is alot of pressure and it got to him..i dont think it was his cockyness, i think it was cause he felt alot of pressure on is shoulders which maqde him not focus on the penalty...i woud say cockyness if he played the whole game like he was king, but he worked extremely hard this game and though he missed the pk, i think he still was a great influnece on our win...

we need now to win in the very cold rosenborg! expect atleast -5 degrees

if we win this match then we will still only be sure with 3 points from the home game against psv.

anything can still happend but 3 points in norway is a must.

if we could have gotten a win in the first match against the arse then we should atleast have 6 points and a win in the last game versus psv would have been enough but as long as we have the chance am hopefull :tup:

Why must we play so defensive i was upset when morris came on instead of olissadebbe!!! if olissadebbe came on he could of been chasing balls down the line make nuesense of himself and you dont know what coudl have happened maybe a winner could of been scored..

i think what skasny did was absoltutly correct..before we scored he was ready to stick manoli in there but after we scored, holding the game and trying to get the goal like that was our best option...who would he put manoli in for?? would it be practical to sub a striker in for a midfielder or defender when we are tied 1-1 away..in england, vs arsenal??? no way...if we subbed manoli in we would have had gaps all over the midfield and/or defense and w/o a player like gonzalez feeding manoli, it would have been so difficult to score...especially with the pressure arsenal were putting after the goal...they would have pushed forward either way and with one less midfielder or defender, we would have given them space to do so, whch is exactly what arsenal thrive off of...i think skasny played it very smartly..

he should of put manoli in for maric because as good as he is technically and he only made one mistake all game when he slipped in the seconf half and an arsenal striker took the ball off hime he cant run and by the 50th minute the kid was finished as basinas had nothign left from the like 80th and on... so manoli should have came in instead of morris... but none the less they said we want a draw and got one so a great result bravo ston PAO kai yia tin ellada

Btw, some comments made by the English commentators:

"A draw at home to one of the weakest teams in the Champions' League is not acceptable!"

"Henry celebrated in this fashion because of the racist abuse he received in Athens".

Since when is taunting a Frenchman over our 1-0 Euro 2004 victory considered racist? :huh:

Archived