Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

I agree, regarding Troisi, not PAOK quality.

As to the pending Sabo arrival, I think these are exactly the type of players we should be trying to lure to Greece.

Still young, and having something to prove. I read a Slovakian article regarding the transfer, and it had a comment from Sabo, saying that opportunities to come to a team like PAOK do not come up very often. 

There are plenty of these players out there, where coming to us is still a step up.

• Like it 1

The team's been using two strikers in every game, but since Klaus is injured we've often made do with AMs and wingers in that position. This would give us two starters with Koulouris/Salpi/the wingers as backups, I would think.

Leovac will also be in Thessaloniki tomorrow for medicals and hopefully a signature. We're also apparently planning on another CB beyond Malezas, which hopefully means we'll see the end of Tzavellas.

Why not sign Rajkovic who is still a free agent?

Van Wolfswinkel is a good player for PAOK but he plays on the same position as Klaus, so whats the need ?

As far as Rajkovic goes, I would assume that if we didn't sign him it would be because a] he would be asking too much in wages or b] the guy can't get on the park regularly enough for a club to rely on him. I could handle high wages if you could rely on him to play 26-30 games per year, but he's never done it before.

We've been a rehab centre for too many players recently

• Like it 1

can you guys summarise who PAOK has signed and what positions they play?

I'm getting very confused with all these names...don't know any of them other than Malezas..

So we have Garry Rodriguez  winger? from Elche

Malezas....

and then Croat LB? SLOVAK MID?

ANY MORE?

Rodrigues seems like he might be good already, the others are definitely making an upgrade. If one of those three ends up being a good buy, I'll be satisfied (as it doesn't look like we're breaking the bank for any of them). Olsen does look shakey though.

I'm seeing the Lazaros rumors start again... I would MUCH rather have Stoch. I guess time will tell.

The only one I'm a little unsure about is Jairo,

Sabo is at a good age to further develop as a footballer. He's recently broken into the National side, is obviously very keen and eager to play in Greece coming from a league of lesser quality. ?600,000 there is a lot of upside to him.

Leovac looks solid too, at the age where most play their best football, the fee does worry me a bit, reported to cost ?1,000,000.

• Like it 1

Well, if the Stoch rumors are true, I think he'd walk right into the starting 11. But otherwise:

--Olsen--

--Vitor--Costa--Malezas--

--Kitsiou--Sabo--Pelkas--Kace--Mak--

--Mistakidis--Klaus--

I know so little about the other new players, that I can't bring myself to put them in that. Tudor thinks very highly of Charisis too (and was planning on starting him for our first game vs Lokomotiva), but he has been injured just as long as Klaus.

-edit- the team is denying the Stoch rumors - so much for that!

• Like it 1

We 100% need another experienced CB. With three being played at a time, this is going to be awful for the team once we have each of them carded every other game, about halfway through the season (or earlier, seeing as how the draw went).

I think ideally, we'll see:

Vitor Costa Malezas <-- starting

Qose Poungouras xxxxx <-- backups

Tzavellas Skondras Maduro <-- last resort

Although honestly, even one more CB would still leave us pretty thin towards the end of the season. I guess it all depends on how much time Qose and Poungouras will get (I'm sure Qose will be loaned out again as well)

Why not sign Rajkovic who is still a free agent?

Because he does not want to come to PAOK/Greece. If by August 31st he is still a free agent, he might change his mind, but by that time I think it will too late.

According to rumors, we will sign two more players, and both are apparently higher caliber players that from what we go so far. One of them is supposed to be a center back. We shall see.

I also think that few more players will be leaving the team. One of them will most likely be Maduro, and would not be surprised if the other one is Salpi.

• Like it 1

what do you guys see as PAOKs best 11?

Ha!  Let you know in a few months.  With so many new faces it's too difficult to tell.  Who could have predicted even Pelkas and Mystakidis ?  Or that Pereyra and Rats wouldn't be in the team.

Jairo and Rodrigues are an unknown quantity right now.  Sabo we know from our games just now, and I see him in the 11.  Leovac also in the 11 at LB.  Everyone else for the moment is an unknown quantity.

The back line is still suspect.  It will be interesting to see how and if it improves with Malezas.

End of the day, the team is still a work in progress and as long as they're improving I am ok with that.  So long as I don't here vlakies about winning the protathlima I'm ok with being patient with Arnesen and Tudor, and making an assessment in a few months.