Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

Stoch + Tudor = No Good.   Stoch showed us glimpses of brilliance, but also the dark side of a player with his kind of "character".  

I don't know much about Toivonen, but he seems like a quality striker that would be a welcome addition to the squad.  Klaus is great at the one-touch goal, and getting in good position for a cross, but we need a hitman that can make a couple moves with the ball.  

Mak played well today, but I hate that he always tries to get past the goalkeeper to score.  Anytime he goes head to head with a keeper who stays in net, he shoots the thing 2 miles off target.  

Edited by BostonThanatos

I don't buy the character thing. Stoch's slump seems to have been due to his falling out with Stevens (the rest of the team followed). As soon as he left, he started playing well again.

Stoch vs Mak is an interesting comparison, too - at first they seem similar. Stoch is clearly the better dribbler and (I think) the better finisher. Mak is faster and plays better in a support role. I think both would have a role in this team.

People seem pretty positive on Toivonen, hopefully this works out.

After what Mak did to Brondby, do we need Toivonen or Stoch ?  Honestly, if I had to have one of Mak or Stoch in the squad, it's Mak everytime for me.

The thing is, we already have more wingers than I have hairs on my balls. There is room for a Toivonen, not so much for a Stoch (now).

Yeah, but the "rumors" of his late nights drinking etc, were more than just rumors...and confirmed on more than a few instances.  That s%$#! doesn't fly with Mr. Tudor, and Stoch telling Stevens to "F*** off" shows he has no respect for his coach.   Either way, I'd rather see him go elsewhere.  

After what Mak did to Brondby, do we need Toivonen or Stoch ?  Honestly, if I had to have one of Mak or Stoch in the squad, it's Mak everytime for me.

I think we still need a Toivonen type, other than Klaus, we have no other experienced strikers.

If Klaus goes down, who steps in? We only really have Koulouris

No s%$#!. I'm totally there.

Koulouris desperately needs game time, and we aren't giving him it. A Necid-type loan, where he can be recalled if he doesn't get X number of games in by December, would do just fine.

Stock was too predictable,, cut in onto his right and shooting from 25 yards nearly every time he became isolated with his direct opponent. I think with Tudor, Mak can be a much more well rounded and serviceable winger/inside forward than Stoch could mainly due to mentality and work rate.

I always got the feeling Stoch felt he was bigger than the club and so far with Tudor we seem to be clicking as a team, don't want to jeopardise that with a big ego, keep bringing in hungry footballers who want to prove themselves as we have been!

Stock was too predictable,, cut in onto his right and shooting from 25 yards nearly every time he became isolated with his direct opponent. I think with Tudor, Mak can be a much more well rounded and serviceable winger/inside forward than Stoch could mainly due to mentality and work rate.

This was kind of mentioned in another thread in the past day or two, but I can't seem to find the post, so I'll piggy back off of yours - Mak seems to be pretty predictable in how he handles these one-on-one with the keeper situations too, in that he always tries to carry the ball around them. Surely at this point Tudor has noticed this? It would fall into the realm of "finishing," I suppose, which hopefully is something they're working on.

Popovic has been officially loaned to Panserraikos for one year. Reports are that his contract will also be renegotiated and extended. 

Apparently Arnesen is talking to Costa's agent in order to cut his salary, which is currently the highest on the team.

It's a very risky move trying to take his salary down. He was one of the few expensive players that wants to play for PAOK no? Why would you try to create another fight with an experienced player this short before the season starts.