Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

------------------------------Karnezis--------------------------------

------------Manolas-------Kyriakos--------Sokratis------------

Torosidis----------Maniatis----------Samaris--------Holebas

-----------Karelis---------------------------------Fortounis------

-----------------------------Mitroglou------------------------------

Have many other good young or more experienced players whom could step in & do just as good or a better job. Team formation & selection will depend on the situation & opposition.

• Like it 1

------------------------------Karnezis--------------------------------

------------Manolas-------Kyriakos--------Sokratis------------

Torosidis----------Maniatis----------Samaris--------Holebas

-----------Karelis---------------------------------Fortounis------

-----------------------------Mitroglou------------------------------

Have many other good young or more experienced players whom could step in & do just as good or a better job. Team formation & selection will depend on the situation & opposition.

yo. i'm telling you, we'd slay that lineup. we were up 2-0 with just fortounis and karelis against iceland on field they have good chemistry. Mitroglou is just pure presence up there even if he isn't doing anything people fear him so he'll always have a man on him or two to free up space. Holebas can run like he's 19 so on the wing he's nice. Torosidis can stay back or just slot in front and sokratis can patch up the space.

with that lineup I think we can beat bosnia pretty convingly at a 2-0. Samaris and Maniatis will frustrate the F*** out of pjanic.

the only teams that would be able to score with that defense would be belgium. or if the other teams score a fluke goal. there's no way we won't score with holebas, torosidis, mitroglou, karelis and fortounis which are all good offensive outlets

have we ever got to field this lineup? doesn't seem like it not even that close there's always ben 2-3 players from that lineup that didn't start at the least.

notable subs would be tachtsidis, kone, petsos

i'd also keep eye on form for fetfa, ninis, staf

Edited by georgelaz

'We' are top 15 team with that lineup, but its not played on paper or on phantis. Kyriak is injured or underdone and Skibbe won't play 3 CB's. End of movie lads.

Tell u what, pick a side that's 4 2 3 1.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

How many of our players know how to play in a 3-4-2-1? It sure didn't work for PAOK last year.

Here's a much better lineup, a 4-4-1-1. I'm impartial as far as Petsos vs another DM is concerned. Just not Tziolis. Karelis needs to play, and he needs to be up front and center.

--Karnezis--

--Torosidis--Manolas--Sokratis--Holebas--

--Petsos--Samaris--

--Mantalos--                      --Fortounis--

--Karelis--

--Mitroglou--

Make it happen, Skibbz.

• Like it 1

Just by playing regularly (even if its 30 minutes per game- even if its week in week out that he plays) he ll be playing more than other players competing for that position , if things dont change for these players in the upcomming season. Tachtsidis, Maniatis are proving signs of their career ending earlier than expected.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

How many of our players know how to play in a 3-4-2-1? It sure didn't work for PAOK last year.

Here's a much better lineup, a 4-4-1-1. I'm impartial as far as Petsos vs another DM is concerned. Just not Tziolis. Karelis needs to play, and he needs to be up front and center.

--Karnezis--

--Torosidis--Manolas--Sokratis--Holebas--

--Petsos--Samaris--

--Mantalos--                      --Fortounis--

--Karelis--

--Mitroglou--

Make it happen, Skibbz.

that one is just as good just Maniatis for Petsos. Not convinced with Petsos yet. If he has a good season with Bremen, then i'm down.

anytime kpaps is 100% we have to revert to 3 cb's though. It's too good to not capitalize on that. he's a strange case. he looks mesomorphic big boned aka not an injury prone looking dude.

Edited by georgelaz

I personaly think if Kyriakos is healthy he automatically gets in the starting 11 even if he's missed a s%$#! load of games because of injury. Even if he is a bit rusty the guy brings leadership, energy and passion in that line up and that's rare to find on this team right now. He is a must for me.

• Like it 1

With the calls for 3 CB's, if Kyriako is out through injury, who plays as the 3rd CB? Is it Tzavellas, Moras or Oikonomou? Or does the structure change to 4 at the back because of one player, Kyriako's absence?

• Like it 1

I'm not a football technition so I don't know if it's practical, but I think we should only apply 3 cb's if we got our main dudes in the mix.

not sure how easy it is too have different formations in the mix or not?

1482270_Greece.jpg

Currently hoping for this lineup in the upcoming qualifiers, with Mantalos replacing Kone if the latter keeps riding the bench in Italy. Another prospect I find very interesting for the midfield is Charisis, as well as Villafanez if he gets a Greek passport.

• Like it 1

Who's Zeca? He doesn't have a Greek passport does he? Why would you include him in any 11 right now for qualifying?

He's been working on getting his Greek passport for the past year, and according to the reports he will receive it within this fall.

No, I've never heard Skibbe comment on Zeca. But in my opinion Zeca would be vital for our national team, he is exactly what we need. He has assets no Greek player have at the moment, and he is a great character as well.

xarisi ended the season well and was probably our best player against Ajax. If he can stay fit (seems to be an issue for him) its only a matter of time before he's called up.

He is injury prone? Thats a shame in that case, he plays with a maturity seldom for Greek players at that age.

No, I've never heard Skibbe comment on Zeca. But in my opinion Zeca would be vital for our national team, he is exactly what we need. He has assets no Greek player have at the moment, and he is a great character as well.

xarisi ended the season well and was probably our best player against Ajax. If he can stay fit (seems to be an issue for him) its only a matter of time before he's called up.

He is injury prone? Thats a shame in that case, he plays with a maturity seldom for Greek players at that age.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic