Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Loving what the coach and his staff are doing for the NT.. This is fantastic they are really doing everything they can to make this a team again.. He’s calling the team up for 10 days and in May to get together and practise which never happened under Skibbe, Raneri and so on.. he has also pushed for friendlies and now they are building practise facility.. If you want fans to take you serious then you need to show you care and get serious and these are great steps forward..

• Like it 3

9 hours ago, J1078 said:

Loving what the coach and his staff are doing for the NT.. This is fantastic they are really doing everything they can to make this a team again.. He’s calling the team up for 10 days and in May to get together and practise which never happened under Skibbe, Raneri and so on.. he has also pushed for friendlies and now they are building practise facility.. If you want fans to take you serious then you need to show you care and get serious and these are great steps forward..

I’m excited to see Greece play 5 games in a span of 4 weeks. The more the national team plays the better. I just wonder what Anastasiadis is thinking in terms of his starting 11. Vlachodimos, Sokratis, Manolas and Fortounis are definite starters. 

Siovas and Kourbelis can’t be ignored. Also what does he do with Pelkas and Mantalos? Masouras and Kolovos had good showings and deserve to play again. They are also better outwide. 

When will the likes of Galanopoulos and Chatzigiovannis be called up? Will we see Tachtsidis return? Do you start Koulouris or Mitroglou? Is Stafylidis worth calling up when Lykogiannis and Koutris are in good form? What about Fetfatzidis? 

These are all going through my head. You can only pick 23 players. Retsos and Papadopoulos won’t be called up in my opinion. 

The games are not confirmed yet.  I believe the only one that has been is the Turkey game but those are the plans.  The thought process though is necessary and we haven't had this type or preparation for qualifiers in a very long time, if ever.

13 hours ago, J1078 said:

Things are going better under coach Ange and the EPO is getting more serious about the NT. Under Skibbe we played what a total of 5 friendly matches? I remember Luxembourg his first match in charge and then in Athens vs Montenegro and Iceland.. Then before the WCUP we played Egypt and Saudis. 

On 5/9/2019 at 5:08 PM, Rockafeller Skank said:

Saddly, no matter what, the fans are not gonna take him seriously because Ma tin panagia the fact that he is so religious is cringy old fashined and hilarious.

At least all the memes with him if we qualify will be from another level.

That’s not really a great reflection of the fans IQ if that’s what they judge the guy on vs what he’s actually doing with and for the team.

5 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

That’s not really a great reflection of the fans IQ if that’s what they judge the guy on vs what he’s actually doing with and for the team.

It's not a great reflection of your our logic if you are ready to give him the label of sucessfull after 2 matches either.

I will wait and judge once we ve had at least 6 games of this qualifying round. Pjanic F***ed it up for bosnia, they won't have him for 2 matches and one with Italy. Armenia and Finland don't got what it takes, of course they have the potential to draw both us and the Bosnians, but right now things are looking good, and the fact that the camp is happening is probably gonna help the team chemistry a lot.

Also, good morning from Europe Alphonse, what time is it there. In Lithuania its 10:26 am.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Lol you serious?? I’ll judge someone on what they do and the results they get, not that their religious or not, what kind of “logic” is that and how can you even go there. 

The fact we played football in our first two games and came back from 2-0 down to nearly beat Bosnia away from home is not something to over see and instead see what Angelo believes religiously.

On top of that look at the friendly games we are looking to play before Italy. 

Perhaps you need some maturing before you wanna talk logic with me.

• Like it 1

Why is the coaches belief's even a discussion? That is ridiculous..... Just because a guy is super religious what does that have to do with his coaching ability??  All I Know is he made a mistake when he started the Bosnia game and instead of just sticking with his original plan he made great in game decisions and that alone allowed us to draw unlike Skibbe could ever do. The fact that he has pushed for a 10 day get together this month shows his commitment to make this team better. Of course we don't know what the overall outcome will be but how can anyone not like what Ang is trying to do with the NT.

• Like it 3

Still early but I do like what I see so far.  The team played well and we could have definitely won the second game.  He realized that the formation in the Bosnia game wasn't working, so he adjusted.  If he hadn't, could have easily been the same result as the first leg of the Croatia game. I also like the press conference, he exudes confidence in his team.  None of this, we have no stars. 

• Like it 1

I don't think that Turkey is a good friendly idea. Because of the history and politics etc. it's not a good reflection of where our team is at. IE the last friendly with them we were playing not too lose and just did 5 atb so they wouldn't score at all costs. I guess an exercise for our defensive muscle but no.

I think a smarter friendly would be between a very good side ie) France, Belgium, Netherlands 

or a smaller side with a more professional FA like Northern Ireland, Wales, Czech Republic

playing a rival international derby is just unnecessary stress

Northern Ireland would be good because they're a mix of english 1st and 2nd division players. Probably the best run league in the world.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

5 hours ago, georgelaz said:

I don't think that Turkey is a good friendly idea. Because of the history and politics etc. it's not a good reflection of where our team is at. IE the last friendly with them we were playing not too lose and just did 5 atb so they wouldn't score at all costs. I guess an exercise for our defensive muscle but no.

Agreed

4 hours ago, J1078 said:

Are we sure the Turkey game is confirmed? I cant find it anywhere.. What day are they suppose to play?

No friendlies have been confirmed, it was reported that Angelo wanted to play a few warm up games between the final matchday of the Super league and the game with Italy, as there is 4 weeks in between. Who knows with EPO, we might get one friendly, or 3 or none. We'll have to wait and see. 

• Like it 2

So its confirmed that the NT will meet in Holland between May 22-29 to prepare for the upcoming games. During that time they will try and play 2 friendlies before they play Turkey on May the 30th in preparation for the matches vs Italy and Armenia..

http://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo/europi/european-championship-qualification/article/454776/ollandia-telika-i-ethniki/

• Like it 2

6 hours ago, J1078 said:

So its confirmed that the NT will meet in Holland between May 22-29 to prepare for the upcoming games. During that time they will try and play 2 friendlies before they play Turkey on May the 30th in preparation for the matches vs Italy and Armenia..

http://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo/europi/european-championship-qualification/article/454776/ollandia-telika-i-ethniki/

Good that they are holding training camp for a week.. A victory vs Italy puts us on top of the group with a home match vs Armenia after tha which should be 3 points. I can't wait for June..

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic