Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

2 minutes ago, druid said:

ee87ff89d0a541c4843c92a21bb1dcfd.jpg

Sadly, Rizzoli was busy today so he couldn't shift the match in greek favor. Not that it would matter, looking how bad these 11 are.

Sokratis is better than any CB you ever produced.

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, Argy said:

Look, loser, we won the group in 2010 over you. You finished 2nd to Iceland and you got lucky today with corrupt Fifa and injuries and shamefully lucky goals. 

Bosnia are sh it, lots of trophies over there a re vlaka!

• Like it 1

@Argy I believe the guy's Bosnian, and the group you won over Croatia was for EURO 2012, not WC 2010 ;)

Anyhow, I'm very disappointed with the Greek team. When Sokratis scored, I was sure it will get quite tight and I was really scared it might easily turn into a drama, 2:2 or something, but most of your players under-performed. On the other hand, most of our players did quite a good job. I believe now you can see the work of the new coach and the way he refreshed the whole atmosphere around the team. It's always "Never say never" in football, but I think this one is 99% over. I can only see this result being compromised by an early Greek goal in Athens. If not...

Terrible game; even setting aside some shockingly bad schoolboy errors, that was atrocious play. Midfield was overrun, touches were awful, and most players only started to fight after the game was already over (save for Zeca and the CBs who busted their @ss from start to finish). The sad thing is if we had maintained any sort of possession/pressure in the opposing 1/3rd we could have punished them; Croatian defense is soft. 

Oh well, start building toward 2020 I guess. 

• Like it 1

4 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

We lost so many fifty fifty balls and were dispossed so easily.

Tzavellas had one of the worst games ever as did Fortounis. Karnezis looked so uncomfortable.

only guys who played were Sokratis and Zeca.

Assist to FIFA for banning Manolas.

KPap was good too I think and Mitrgolou tried to create by himself with nothing to work with, so credit to him. 

1 minute ago, Kroates said:

@Argy I believe the guy's Bosnian, and the group you won over Croatia was for EURO 2012, not WC 2010 ;)

Anyhow, I'm very disappointed with the Greek team. When Sokratis scored, I was sure it will get quite tight and I was really scared it might easily turn into a drama, 2:2 or something, but most of your players under-performed. On the other hand, most of our players did quite a good job. I believe now you can see the work of the new coach and the way he refreshed the whole atmosphere around the team. It's always "Never say never" in football, but I think this one is 99% over. I can only see this result being compromised by an early Greek goal in Athens. If not...

Ah yes you are right Euro 2012. 

IMO, Sokratis, Zeka, Mitroglou and to a lesser degree Fortounis were the only ones that pay OK. The rest play horrible (except Tsiolis that was the usually average)

11 minutes ago, Boxou said:

hey muslim, once you win the euros make a call to us. or when you win a game there. or score a goal. or basically when you'll qualify for the first time

They are a shi t show just like the Albanians and the Turkeys

• Like it 1

1 minute ago, PaoOle said:

IMO, Sokratis, Zeka, Mitroglou and to a lesser degree Fortounis were the only ones that pay OK. The rest play horrible (except Tsiolis that was the usually average)

Listen, I don't think it can even be argued how atrocious Fortounis was. So weak and impotent. 

Credit to Skibbe for starting defensive players all the way up the pitch to right wing. Poor baby Skibbe was afraid. 

3 minutes ago, druid said:

P A R K T H E B U S :shout:

Go fook yourself, Come back when you actually have some silver wear, which will be never.

Lets take a look at Croatias trophy cabinet! 

Display_cabinets.jpg&hash=032acc84114fa1

• Haha 4

We shut the Croats out in 2 games then we give away to stupid goals like a BOSNIA would concede. But we are Greece not failures like the Bosnians so it’s unacceptable.

• Like it 1

6 minutes ago, druid said:

ban the slav who's grandparent were sucking ottoman's dicks.

• Haha 1

Also, KPaps did Not play well imo; He has lost speed; seems heavy and not in control. Manolas is much better.

Just now, Chris Tsamados said:

Go fook yourself, Come back when you actually have some silver wear, which will be never.

Lets take a look at Croatias trophy cabinet! 

Display_cabinets.jpg&hash=032acc84114fa1

he's bosnian. or if you want, turkish

7 minutes ago, druid said:

bosnia euros PARTICIPATIONS = ZERO

Greece Euros' WINS = ONE

• Like it 2

11 minutes ago, druid said:

ee87ff89d0a541c4843c92a21bb1dcfd.jpg

Sadly, Rizzoli was busy today so he couldn't shift the match in greek favor. Not that it would matter, looking how bad these 11 are.

are you in pain that mighty dzeko couldn't score against a team who to faroes?

• Like it 2

manolas, toro, mantalos, donis  ----alll sorely mised....

different game if they were there...

sadly, we came out flat, conceding possession, etc.etc. we let croation dictate the pace of the game and impose their stamp on how things were gonna be.....

u CANT sit back ---- other teams MUST respect and have SOME fear that they will be scored on....croats had NO fear and their mids went deep into our zone without hesitation....

thats what happens when tactically u decide to park the bus and absorb pressure early. 

and THEN, the moron Skibbe makes stupid changes and subs.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u have three offensive minded guys , u can move pap up if u want, .......especially after 4-1 what's to lose?  i dont get it. 

we looked lost, unsure, with no "plan" whatsoever........very surprising ------ very unprepared.....

18 minutes ago, druid said:

Shut the F*** up you weasel. 

• Like it 1

We needed a flawless performances today and too many things went wrong.

1. Torosidis out (Having to play Maniatis)

2. Manolas out

3. Donis out

4. Zeca defanged with a yellow

5. Zeca with a clean tackle that could've led to a breakaway called foul.

6. Not starting Laz

7. Starting Tziolis.

Should've been Laz on the wing, Zeca in Tziolis's place who was invisible.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

A disaster, we have gone downhill since the first Belgium game. There the NT was in control until the red card. Then at home Skibbe tried with an extra-defensive tactics, and now even with five (or six? or were Maniatis and Stafylidis wingers?) backs. We should have played like against Belgium away, with counterattacks, not the park-the-bus nonsense. Boxou was right before the game: if one sits only back there defensive live will be broken. And now there was almost no line.

I am sad for I was for overall defensive tactics but it was overdone now and this backfired. Karnezis gave away a stupid penalty, after that he was OK, had three or four fine saves. Maniatis was horrible, Retsos should have been RB and Maniatis DM (alongside Zeca), Papadopoulos and Papastathopoulos were not that bad, the latter was arguably our best player. Tzavellas was slightly better than Maniatis or Stafylidis but had a very average game. Stafylidis made a laughable fault. Samaris was crap, one of his worst performances. Zeca put up a decent fight, played with heart & passion, he was one of our better outfield players. Tziolis was the usual grey and mediocre defensive midfielder. Fortounis was not that bad, gave an assist, and delivered another great corner at the end. Mitroglou at least tried, he was far from his top form. Retsos had an acceptable second half performance, Tachtsidis could not be worse than Samaris, Bakasetas was sometimes painful to watch.

Why didn't pelkas play? Is he not in form? I mean no creativity in mid gives you no creativity...

Edited by jason

RS - right on...KPAP is out of position veyr very often

It should have been like this: Karnezis - Retsos, K. Papadopoulos, Papastathopoulos, Tzavellas - Tachtsidis/Maniatis/Tziolis, Fortounis, Zeca - Christodoulopoulos/Bakasetas/Pelkas, Mitroglou, Stafylidis. Our trusted 4-3-3 would have worked, even if Lazaros/Bakasetas/Pelkas would have been almost certainly invisible. We should have been more offensive, and Samaris shouldnt have been there at all. Even Kourbelis would have been better.