• Fyssas
    • Giorkas
    • Basinas
    • Katsouranis
    • Stelios
    • Karagounis
    • Charisteas
    • Other

Now that our great capitain is calling it a career - thanks so muchfor all the sensational memories - we will be looking for a new man to wear the armband.

Make no doubt - it will be near impossible to fill the shoes of Zagorakis - who should be in the dictionary beside captain. :gr: :tup: :nw: :gr:

We tried this poll a while back - and Stelios was the overwhelming choice if I remember correctly.

My vote this time will go to Dellas, who is getting healthier and is the heart of our back line.

This is something we as outsiders cannot comment on... We dont know who is a calming influence on the team, who is respected in the dressing room, who is strong mentally, etc.

agreed - but we can tell whose presence on the field is influential

First if all I would like to thank Zagoraki for everything he has offered to the Ethniki over the years. I think we need to overhall the ethniki and get some young blood in there. Having said that, i know that the guy I'm about to pick may be a controversial pick, but it is Giourkas for me.

1. I think this season at Athletico is crucial for him, and I feel he's on his way back to the form we saw at EURO 2004.

2. He's young, and if our coach ever decides to stop carrying these non-productive old guys and goes with a younger team, we will need a young captain that will grow with the team.

3. He has significant International experience at a relatively young age, and was a critical player in EURO 2004.

we need sum1 mid 20s

i agree with seitaridis as the new captain or even kyrgiakos.

cos he can be our captain for a while

it is a tough call on who the new captain should be

stelios, karagounis, katsouranis and basinas are the obvious choices. they are all good at what they do and they have experience and the respect of their teamates.

but i think any of these guys (exception of katsouranis) only has 2 years left with the ethniki. the ethniki needs to groom a new leader.

who, i do not know. i think stoltidis would have been good if he was younger.

who is a greek hotshot that has a long future ahead of him and his teamates respect?

I belive KATSURANIS will be a good choice as it will give him the option of stepping up his game a bit!

plus he is the right age and his positioning on the field gives hime the opportunity to lift the players in saying this i dont know what his personality is like!

JUST MY OPINION

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Who voted for Nikopolidis???

Come on people...own up...who was it???

So we have comedians on this forum.....kala

I was one of it (would like to know the others... :tup: )

and there's no doubt about it, Greece is really doing well with him as the captain, for he can overlook it all and has everything else that's needed for this position also... B)

Posted Image

...so Kotapolidis...

i liked that... :LOL: really.. :LOL: :LOL:

as a matter of the fact, i think that a younger captain would suit the team better and will pave the way for more and more younger and able players to play for the Greek NT..

i go for either giourkas or katsouranis..

Archived