Phantis Forums

Olympiacos' players in the World Cup

manos

I think Zewlakow was pretty average, can't see how he is better than our current options for the left back. I really hope Sollied knows what he is doing.

Toure was quite good against Argentina, especially in the second half he was the only Ivorian trying to tidy up distribution. He wasn't bad in his defensive duties as well. ITV commentators in the UK picked him as the best Ivorian in the second half. I think Ivory Coast can get to the next round- Holland and Serbia don't look very good.

Djole seemed a bit out of place, he had a couple of good moments on the left wing but didn't do much when they moved him to a central midfield position. BBC commentators were puzzled with him playing in the centre and not on the left for most of the match against Holland.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe we also have Borja for Ecuador in the World Cup as well.

Yes,Borja is in the squad from Equador but did not see any playing time in there first game.We may see him in the coming games so we can judge him before he plays for us.

I think Zewlakow was pretty average, can't see how he is better than our current options for the left back. I really hope Sollied knows what he is doing.

Toure was quite good against Argentina, especially in the second half he was the only Ivorian trying to tidy up distribution. He wasn't bad in his defensive duties as well. ITV commentators in the UK picked him as the best Ivorian in the second half. I think Ivory Coast can get to the next round- Holland and Serbia don't look very good.

Djole seemed a bit out of place, he had a couple of good moments on the left wing but didn't do much when they moved him to a central midfield position. BBC commentators were puzzled with him playing in the centre and not on the left for most of the match against Holland.

Djole and Koroman were Serbia's best players, and I disagree, I was impressed with Serbia. Dont be surprised if they qualify!

Average is a compliment, a three-legged turtle is quicker than him!!! His positioning is abysmal too and he loses the ball in dangerous positions! If he starts prepare for another raping in the CL! :tdown:

Zewlakow did a bit better yesterday, although the Germans found some space on his side after Odonkor came on. He looks like an improved version of Bulut to me.

I disagree file, I thought he was better in the first game. Everytime he was confronted with pace yesterday he was left for dead, hence the reason he got subbed! Either way he isn't good enough! He isnt better than our current options! Its an abysmal signing! And wheres Borja???? I'm swiftly losing my excitement for the new season! :( I think Domi and Oaddou will prove to be good aquisitions though, I just hope its enough. I've had enough going out in the group stages of the CL!

zewlakow is a not a great player...he has ability but not at the higesht levels and i dont think he can improve too much more..he is not quick enough to be playing on the wing..one moment he shows promise, then the next he gives the ball away or loses an easy tackle...borja is young but ecuador have a quality side..there attacking players play very well together so it comes to no surprise that he has not played..this does not mean he isnt a good player, here are just players that probably work better together..i dont think domi is a great signing either..he can help but is not the answer to the orblems.... oaddou is a quality player, definitly worthy of a spot on the squad..

Djole looked awfull as al his squad

I have sen the match agaibnst Argentina and wondered why is Djole good in Oly and so bad in his squad

My conclusion was that even without Rivaldo Oly looks mutch bette than this Serbiamn squad

Yaya Toure was good but unfoprtunately they lost and will not go throught, they just had the bad luck to be in a very difficult group

I am not sure we can keep yaya to the next year

Felix did not play yet but Ecuador is going up so we will maby see him later

Do you have any good links to the games

I use sopcast but sometime it is down

Toure was very unlucky in both games... He put in a great performance but the lack of finishing from Cote d'Ivoire forwards made it off!! Their defensive midfield duo is very good (Zokora and Toure)... ;)

Djole was hopeless as the whole Serb team and played almost in all positions in the midfield... :LOL:

Zewlakow can also cover the central position. Sollied might have brought him as a D C or even as a DM C. I agree he is too turtle for a full back. Bulut is better than him. ;)

I have sen the match agaibnst Argentina and wondered why is Djole good in Oly and so bad in his squad

My conclusion was that even without Rivaldo Oly looks mutch bette than this Serbiamn squad

Yaya Toure was good but unfoprtunately they lost and will not go throught, they just had the bad luck to be in a very difficult group

I am not sure we can keep yaya to the next year

Felix did not play yet but Ecuador is going up so we will maby see him later

Are you being serious?? Djole has had a fantastic tournament!!!!!!!!!!! He's a constant threat and doesnt lose the ball, the others around him have been useless though!

I have sen the match agaibnst Argentina and wondered why is Djole good in Oly and so bad in his  squad

My conclusion was that even without Rivaldo  Oly looks mutch bette than this Serbiamn squad

I am not sure we can keep yaya  to the next year

Felix did not play yet but Ecuador is going up  so we will  maby see him later

Are you being serious?? Djole has had a fantastic tournament!!!!!!!!!!! He's a constant threat and doesnt lose the ball, the others around him have been useless though!
i agree... Djole is having a good tournament considering the trouble serbia are in :nono:

End of the 1st half, Germany 2 - 0 Ecaudor.

Borja has been terrible! His movement is poor, he's been lazy and everytime he's had the ball he's lost it. The only contribution he's made is a dummy (he let the ball run through his legs to find Kaveidas). If this is anything to go by he'll spend the season on the bench before leaving Greece. Just not good enough. Borja, Zewlakow, Butina... what is Sollied doing??? :(

hard to judge borja as he didn t do anything. its that technically he isn t that great and he doesn t seem fast. lets not judge by one game but today he was garbage...but so was the whole team of ecuador.

olympiakos transfers seem decent but nothing special. had pao gotten these players every olympiakos fan would have laughed...

End of the 1st half, Germany 2 - 0 Ecaudor.

Borja has been terrible! His movement is poor, he's been lazy and everytime he's had the ball he's lost it. The only contribution he's made is a dummy (he let the ball run through his legs to find Kaveidas). If this is anything to go by he'll spend the season on the bench before leaving Greece. Just not good enough. Borja, Zewlakow, Butina... what is Sollied doing??? :(

i think it is more louvaris(brilliant scouting) and kokkalis in the end who brought theese new player and they also sacked mavrogenidis-venetidis

wow i didnt even know he was on the field! seriously i never heard his name once (i was flipping b/w poland-crc though)

but yeah its sounds like hes a decent latinamerican who got a ton of hype from the greek press for being a star in the ecuadorian league ( i think it was only one good season he had ) its kind of odd i expected thrinos to go for better players because they are supposed to be the "big spending team" according to there fans :whistle:

id much rather have papadopoulos :gr:

wow i didnt even know he was on the field! seriously i never heard his name once (i was flipping b/w poland-crc though)

File you wouldnt have heard his name anyway!

but yeah its sounds like hes a decent latinamerican who got a ton of hype from the greek press for being a star in the ecuadorian league ( i think it was only one good season he had )

Min asholise me ton Ellinko tupo. m*****es! 20 something goals in 70 something games in the Ecuadorian league is hardly impressive!

id much rather have papadopoulos :gr:

So would I!

he was garbage yes..but its only one game and he has not played one minute up until this start..he is still very young i believe so we will see..judging from yesterday he is trash but we will see in the futuure what is to happen

he was garbage yes..but its only one game and he has not played one minute up until this start..he is still very young i believe so we will see..judging from yesterday he is trash but we will see in the futuure what is to happen

I can understand being young & inexperienced and the occassion gets to you so you dont perform, i.e. your touch is poor, you lack composure in front of goal, etc. But he was lazy, no movement, no fight! Theres no excuse for that!

maybe he looks horrible playing vs super powers like Germany... But that may be good enough for a sub par league like Greece

It would be difficult to call Germany a superpower. Their defence is shambolic, without Ballack they lack creativity and without Klose they lack goals. Up until a week before the WC they were considered to be in disarray, all they've done is win three games in a weak group, dont let that mask their lack of class. Also, lets face it, Olympiakos are vastly superior to any other side in Greece, the league is in the bag already, players should be bought for the CL.

Archived