Phantis Forums

Olympiacos' players in the World Cup

manos

It would be difficult to call Germany a superpower. Their defence is shambolic, without Ballack they lack creativity and without Klose they lack goals. Up until a week before the WC they were considered to be in disarray, all they've done is win three games in a weak group, dont let that mask their lack of class. Also, lets face it, Olympiakos are vastly superior to any other side in Greece, the league is in the bag already, players should be bought for the CL.

podolski, scweinsteiger, lahm, frings...lack of class?? the germans have a great squad but their main issue is cohesion which (despite the lack of competition n their group) seem t have been getting better at...their defense has been looking better but still need work..the world cup is a strange thing my friend..itlay looked booming before the start and now are looking poor...argentina looked decent before the start and now look...by the way brazil have been playing i wouldnt even call them a superpower and they are brazil..the germans have the hme advantage and you can see they got the heart to go along with it...shambles is not the word for the germans...ballack has not played a huge role may i add..he has been alright but has not lived up to expectation...podolski not able to score?? their wingers not able to provide?? you should hav another look at their squad....they are a contender..mb not the best team in the mundial, but definitly a contender

as for oly being miles beyond the greek league..you should wait before you stat saying these types of things...the league in the bag...haha...ade file, preseason HASNT even begun...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as for oly being miles beyond the greek league..you should wait before you stat saying these types of things...the league in the bag...haha...ade file, preseason HASNT even begun...

podolski, scweinsteiger, lahm, frings...lack of class??

Podolski is crap! Overrated bum! Schweinsteiger is a promising young player but nothing more, Lahm is good not class! Frings I do rate but he isnt a Makalele.

ballack has not played a huge role may i add..he has been alright but has not lived up to expectation...podolski not able to score?? their wingers not able to provide?? you should hav another look at their squad....they are a contender..mb not the best team in the mundial, but definitly a contender

Lets put it into perspective.

Game 1 (Costa Rica): One of the worst teams in the tournament, yet they still managed to get 2 agaisnt the Germans.

Game 2 (Poland): The most disappointing team, have been abysmal and Germany needed a lasp gasp winner!

Game 3 (Ecuador): They beat the Ecaudor B team. They played well but again consider the opposition.

You can only begin to judge them in the KO stages!

i agree to dissagree...podolski crap?? come on now...

i do agree about the weak group though...they had one of the easier ones but its undeniable to say the germans have heart and many skillful players...i would welcome 3/4 of their team t any team i was supporting...

wow i didnt even know he was on the field! seriously i never heard his name once (i was flipping b/w poland-crc though)

Same as me.

I flicked back at the start of the 2nd half to see that Borja was replaced. I was shocked that he was even on the field for the first half.

However Ecuador was very poor.

He'll do alright I think in his first season. He might not get used all the time anyway and might have time to adjust.

Hey by the way, does anyone know if Ecuador's Ivan "Spiderman" Kaviedes is Greek? During the last world cup I think the Greek media made mention of his Greek background. I wonder if that is still claimed or was it confirmed otherwise?

i agree to dissagree...podolski crap?? come on now...

i do agree about the weak group though...they had one of the easier ones but its undeniable to say the germans have heart and many skillful players...i would welcome 3/4 of their team t any team i was supporting...

So would I, but dont forget I made the point the Borja was useless and you tried to defend him by saying he played agaisnt world class opposition. They are not that good, he'll come across better defences in the CL! And if he isn't doing it now when will he?

wow i didnt even know he was on the field! seriously i never heard his name once (i was flipping b/w poland-crc though)

Same as me.

I flicked back at the start of the 2nd half to see that Borja was replaced. I was shocked that he was even on the field for the first half.

However Ecuador was very poor.

He'll do alright I think in his first season. He might not get used all the time anyway and might have time to adjust.

Hey by the way, does anyone know if Ecuador's Ivan "Spiderman" Kaviedes is Greek? During the last world cup I think the Greek media made mention of his Greek background. I wonder if that is still claimed or was it confirmed otherwise?

Greek??? With a name like Ivan??? Sounds Russian!

I think his father is Greek

kaviedes-bio

Toure played his best game of the tournament in a meaningless game. Where was he the previous two matches. Non-existent boys. I cannot knock him down because he is an exceptional talent that still needs some refining, but we need him to stay at the Limani (wake up kurie Kokkali) even though most think he is on the selling block. I don't think his stock rose much according to his performances in Germany and maybe, just maybe we will be able to keep Toure in Peiraia and help us in Europe. Lets see what kokkali decides now?

Djordjevic was by far the best player for Serbia/Mavrovounio in this tournament, unfortunately he had no support from Kezman or Milosevic, two players could have made a difference but did not show up at all in Germany. Kezman needs some counselling I think. Bad attitude man. I wish I was his coach. I'd straighten his Serbian xerofefalo out!

I think his father is Greek

kaviedes-bio

manos,

thanks for the link. With my broken Spanish I got that the Kaviedes name is indeed Greek from his father's side.

Also came across some other information from a forum which claims that his Grandfather was Greek.

With that lineage, I am surprised EPO didn't pull a Croatia and claim Kaviedes for Greece.

I realise that this hasn't got much to do with Olympiakos, (aside from the fact that they were interested in Joe Simunic who is an Australia born/bred Croat) but just for some interest value, Croatia seem to poach anyone who may have Croatian heritage as their players.

6 of the starting 11 that played against Brazil were not born or raised in Croatia. They have even asked Argentina's Boca Juniors Daniel Bilos to switch allegiences to Croatia because he had a Croatian grandfather. The player was even considering it as apparently he has realised that he may never get the chance to represent Argentina.

I don't want to spark a debate, just wanted to bring up an interesting point.

:gr:

the world cup is a strange thing my friend..itlay looked booming before the start and now are looking poor...argentina looked decent before the start and now look...by the way brazil have been playing i wouldnt even call them a superpower and they are brazil..the germans have the hme advantage and you can see they got the heart to go along with it...shambles is not the word for the germans...ballack has not played a huge role may i add..he has been alright but has not lived up to expectation...podolski not able to score?? their wingers not able to provide?? you should hav another look at their squad....they are a contender..mb not the best team in the mundial, but definitly a contender.

I belive that most of the big countries played enough to get the points needed to go to the next round.In the round of 16 and after i believe we will see a lot better performances from all of them.Nobody can rule out the germans since they have home field advantage in every game(see korea 4 years ago).O ne another subject i believe that Toure is not going to another club unless somebody comes with a crazy offer.15-35.

O ne another subject i believe that Toure is not going to another club unless somebody comes with a crazy offer.15-35.

Yeah because Greek clubs have a history of keeping their best players if price is not right! We'll be lucky to get

Arsenal was giving 12 and we said no.

I find that hard to believe. (I'm not saying you're lying but the Greek papers chat alot of crap!). Just remember that he only has 2 years left on his contract, if we dont renew, by December his value will plummit. I can see him renewing can you?? I hope I'm wrong, but...

imo this whole bullshit we always read about him comes from his manager. he just wants to sell toure to a big team, so that he gets some money too. and if he sells him now at his early twenties there is the possibility of some more big transfers if he keeps improving.

since he wanted some more days off, why the fuzz about the visa? he wouldn't return at the end of june anyway. and about the money hes supposed to get for the titles, none of the other players have gotten anything yet.

to be honest i wouldn't mind seeing him go for 12-15 mio. if we keep him we will read stuff like this over and over again...

imo this whole bullshit we always read about him comes from his manager. he just wants to sell toure to a big team, so that he gets some money too. and if he sells him now at his early twenties there is the possibility of some more big transfers if he keeps improving.

since he wanted some more days off, why the fuzz about the visa? he wouldn't return at the end of june anyway. and about the money hes supposed to get for the titles, none of the other players have gotten anything yet.

to be honest i wouldn't mind seeing him go for 12-15 mio. if we keep him we will read stuff like this over and over again...

You know CH-Thrylos I think you're right. He is a wondeful talent but if he'll be a disruptive influence on the team its better to let him go so we dont end up with another Zahovic. I do disagree with you regarding the asking price however. A minumum of

Selouk is a trouble making old bag and Toure thinks he is Gods gift to this team. Both attitudes stink in my opinion so the quicker they both leave Peiraia and stop dissrupting the team, the better. I always said Toure is an exceptional talent but this time he has caused heart-ache for our beloved team, alongside his p ousti Russo manager Selouk. This I cannot except. The team comes before anybody and Toure is still immature in realizing this. Olympiakos has explained their side of the story quite clearly and I dont think that Kokkali, with his billions, is that hard up on his money to not pay his players. This is all Selouks doing and Toure if he doesnt smarten up, should leave this team immediately if he thinks this team is a "Small team in Europe". As he stated last season in an interview. We are trying to build a bigger, better Olympiakos and with Toure and Selouk trying to play games we wont get anywhere. So, Mr Kokkali time to get your moneys worth and sell Toure and at the same time tell Selouk to go to h ell. This is simple, and right now its the only alternative to stop the negativity the two have caused before the opening days of training begin.

Archived