Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

I think great players should come to Greece and our top clubs & soccer in general would benefit.

But, not now! This is too much $ to spend on one player in my opinion. Besides I don't think 1,2,3 superstars (doubt they'd come nowadays) would make any difference as long as:

-domestic league is crappy and lacks professionalism (refs included)

-our top teams are governed by a ..certain mentaliy and have idiots as bosses

-our top teams aren't really up to the level that can really compete with the big boys (euro play)

only when these things are fixed then the big players can make a difference and elevate our teams to be serious contenders in europe ;)

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why dont we go after Lagos???

i mean were throwing millions at saviloa whos plays in a position we r already strong in why dnt we jst give iraklis 800,000 - 1,000,000 there asking for and upgrade our ML which were weak in???

Aek seems close to signing him and Irakilis is willing to sell him coz there financially crippled...

why not?

Why dont we go after Lagos???

i mean were throwing millions at saviloa whos plays in a position we r already strong in why dnt we jst give iraklis 800,000 - 1,000,000 there asking for and upgrade our ML which were weak in???

Aek seems close to signing him and Irakilis is willing to sell him coz there financially crippled...

why not?

we have and it's said that we have offered Iraklhs more money but the player wants to go to AEK.

Here's my take, Javier Saviola came from a team who won the Uefa Cup. He want to play for a club who is a Champions League participant, not a Uefa Cup participant. He simply wants to win a bigger championship.

his team got eliminated from the biggest championship in the world. He'll have to wait another 4 yrs for that... Meanwhile we can bring in the biggest signing in Greece history... Fill Greece up with Argentinians

it looks as though arsenal are showing serious interet and saviola will most likely end up there...im not that dissapointed because i had a feeling this would happen..this is ok, anther two smart signings and our team will be looking good...picking up romeo was a good plus for our attack...now we could use anther siigning in defense

it looks as though arsenal are showing serious interet and saviola will most likely end up there...im not that dissapointed because i had a feeling this would happen..this is ok, anther two smart signings and our team will be looking good...picking up romeo was a good plus for our attack...now we could use anther siigning in defense

I dont think Arsenal will get Saviola. I live in London, a friend is an Arsenal bonds owner and season ticket holder, and Wenger is more interested in Yaya Toure than Saviola. Dont forget Arsenal have had problems in defensive midfield and central defence. Dont forget Arsenal have Henry, Reyes, Van Persie, Walcott, and Bergkamp. The chances of him signing a 6th striker are pretty remote when you consider that he's just paid

bergkamp is done and i think if reyes is sold to madrid (as they have a firm offer for him) wenger will try to bring in anther striker...these are just repots though..you may be very right..for paos sake, i hope you are

Saviola Excited By Arsenal Interest

Javier Saviola is reportedly excited by Arsene Wenger's interest in bringing him to Ashburton Grove.

The Argentine forward returns to Barcelona after spending another year on loan, and this time a very successful one at Sevilla. He has another year to run on his deal.

Both he and Barcelona seem to agree that Arsenal have come up with the most attractive offer to date.

The Catalans, who do not have a place for him in their sqaud, had been looking for buyers in Spain, as the player wanted to continue in the Primera Liga.

However, the offer from the Londoners, along with the high level of interest, seems to have convinced him to contemplate a move outside of Spain. Arsène Wenger is reportedly very keen on 'The Rabbit', as he is called, and hopes to land him at a very reasonable price given the circumstances.

However, the Argentine forward has raised his quotation through displays with Argentina in the World Cup, and Barcelona are aware that other clubs are also keen. The list includes Tottenham and Bolton, and Arsenal will have to outbid them at the very least.

Among others who have made offers through intermediaries, are Zaragoza, Lyon and Panathinaikos, although his high wage demands are proving to be a stumbling block, as during previous seasons.

Under the circumstances, Arsenal have emerged as the best bet to meet Barcelona's asking price - which will still be chump change compared to the 35 million Euros they paid River Plate to sign him - and also Saviola's wage demands and sporting ambitions.

Pao have given Saviola untill tuesday (tomorrow) to give them an answer because apprently we have another big player were aiming for ;)

bergkamp is done and i think if reyes is sold to madrid (as they have a firm offer for him) wenger will try to bring in anther striker...these are just repots though..you may be very right..for paos sake, i hope you are

Geia sou file, eise kala?

Real Madrid's newly elected president Ramon Calderon has never stated interest in Reyes, at least not officially. He has identified C.Ronaldo as the number 1 target, as well as showing interest in Robben, Fabregas, Ashley Cole and Torres. So if he does want Reyes, its way down the list. So even without Bergkamp Arsenal still have 4 forwards, and with Ashley Cole looking like he'll go to Chelsea or Real Madrid, Wenger will probably want a left back to back up Clichy. Saviola is so good anyone (with the exception of Barca it seems) would be interested in signing him but if he isnt anyones priority I dont see why PAO cant sign him. The only stumbling block is the fact that you're in the UEFA Cup, but with the siging of Romero and Saviola as a target I cant see PAO settling for that. With respect to AEK I'm sure you'll be in the CL next season and fingers crossed that sways Saviola.

more on Mendez

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/play...DEZ_Edison.html

No thanks :tdown:

too old, ecuador league, and only crap teams in Mexico,

and PAO can do much better than somebody who just got a quick 5 mins of fame....

he reeks of that s%$#! type of signing we always make every year...

also as a RM i actually prefer Bidis...he really improved last year and did lead the league in assists..

also as a RM i actually prefer Bidis...he really improved last year and did lead the league in assists..

Bravo re Drako!

Many people overlook this! You cant expect more productivity than that. If Bidi had a Brazilian name everyone would be kissing his arse. PAO certainly has to upgrade the squad but right-wing is one of the last positions looked at. Having said this, if Mendes is available for cheap, he isnt a bad player and could be a useful addition to the roster.

mendez can go both ways..ii dont know how useful he would be..we have players that can play in his psition, i feel we need to be looking for signings in defense...with romero now it seems we have more then a sufficient number of attacking players

well comeon we were dreaming a bit... if he had an Arse.nal offer its doubtful hed turn it down for PAO anyways...

but only those 2 papers claim there was no offer....Saviola turned it down that was all.

its the reality likely is that Saviola doesnt want to play in Greece and theyre making publicity s%$#! out of it- scandal.

but from sportime.gr :

O X

Archived