Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

as soon as he's called up to the NT

what i don't understand is how Otto hasn't yet selected Samaras for any games, now i know only Greek based players were selected for the friendlies (except Karagounis) but when Charisteas was his age and still playing with Aris, Otto was already selecting him :ph34r:

Man City need to up Samaras offer

Manchester City must up their bid for Georgios Samaras if they are to acquire the services of the 20-year-old Heerenveen striker.

"The amount that they offered us was between three and five million euros (

Manchester City will intensify their efforts to land Georgios Samaras from Heerenveen following the shock departure of Robbie Fowler.

The veteran striker's stunning return to Liverpool has left a gaping hole in City's striking options but also generated around

Samaras will typically be a Man. City player from tomorrow. The most expensive Greek transfer (even more than Giourkas). Best of luck in the Premiership. Hopefully Otto will call him for the Euro qualifiers!!!

"

Edited by dimitriis

Not to count my chickens.... but this is big big news -

IF he palys in England there is no doubt Otto will call him up -

having not seen him play myself I am wondering if any of you can tell me about him - strengths weaknesses that sort of thing

having not seen him play myself I am wondering if any of you can tell me about him - strengths weaknesses that sort of thing

Hi loup,

Samaras's main weapon is his pace, he is very fast! He's also full of energy so his work rate is high. Heerenveen don't really start him but he always comes on and makes a huge difference (bit like Solskjaer at Man Utd). His finishing isn't great though. He needs quite a few chances to score. Has alot to learn but has alot of potential.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Good luck to him. He will have a chance with Stuart Pearce who really wants to build a strong team with young talented players.

He faces competition but most of the players are getting old (Vassell, Andy Cole, Fowler...).

He can make it.

He is officialy the most expensive Greek player!!!

Good luck George!!!

Actually second, Seitaridis got transfered for 10 mil. Not bad though, I'm surprised Hereveen actually got Man city to fork over that much, especially over a raw unproven talent like Samaras. Fans are going to have high expectations of him, hope he can play at those expectations. Good luck Samaras.

He is officialy the most expensive Greek player!!!

Good luck George!!!

Actually second, Seitaridis got transfered for 10 mil. Not bad though, I'm surprised Hereveen actually got Man city to fork over that much, especially over a raw unproven talent like Samaras. Fans are going to have high expectations of him, hope he can play at those expectations. Good luck Samaras.
hopefully Manchester city gets there money worht with Samaras unlike Dinamo

this was posted on the Man City website:

For those not familiar with new signing Georgios Samaras, we've done the hard work for you and compiled ten facts on the Greek hitman.

Samaras becomes the first Greek player to pull on the Blue shirt.

At 6'4", Georgios brings height and presence to the City forward line.

He will wear the number 20 shirt.

Samaras was born on 21/02/85 in Heraklion, Crete.

Less famous ex-Heerenveen players include Ruud van Nistlerooy, while ex-Blue Paul Bosvelt still plays for the Dutch club.

Was on OFI Crete's books until transferred to Heerenveen in 2001.

Made his Heerenveen debut on Oct 26, 2002 in a 2-0 win over Excelsior coming on as a sub in the 76th min.

Last game was a 0-0 draw with Sparta Rotterdam on Jan 21 and in 88 games for the Dutch outfit he scored 25 goals.

Helped Heerenveen into last 32 of the UEFA Cup, scoring in the tie against Levski in December, and to sixth in the Eredivisie.

Georgios' dad, Giannis, is Heerenveen's technical director and said earlier this month when interest started: "I know that many scouts come to see the games of Heerenveen, from England, from Germany, from Italy."

At the time Arsenal had initially wanted Samaras before City's interest became apparent.

Looks like they are talking him up :tup:

Congrats!!!

Posted Image

Edited by XXX-18T

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic