Phantis Forums

Transfers

m_kafes

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The budget all depends if we win the championship. With no Champions League, then the budget will be trimmed to just ensuring we get the title again. Nothing expected in europe through Uefa. Whatever Magic Malezani pulls off. That would test him. Might end up being better as we will start to play our youth players that were in our academy.

Another problem is that Panathinaikos struggles to get rid of players. Especially non-greek. We never seem to sell them and that hurts our budget. They end up leaving free, with more money being forked out (despite the fact we get them cheap as well.)

Either way going on past experience dont expect too much. At least our scouts have an eye for talent here and there. Its wether they actaully turn out well.

Sanmartean - Talent but injury prone

Gonzales- Always thought he needs a midfielder that runs allover the park for his magic to be extra special. (e.g karagounis would have been helpful ). If someone does the hunting for him and we outnumber the defence in attack 90% we would see a goal with our strikers. Basinas does this in patches- but then again he is a dm. not meant to roam too much forward.

olisadebe- Can be unpredicatable but sometimes useless.

The croats except for the keeper havent been too crash hot at all.

Morris has become the new skoupa- big things on him to continue.

Munch- there is nothing to say, just look at his passion.

GOAL News Reports today that

PAO are after an UKRANEAN INTERNATIONAL for the summer transfer window.

The paper says that PAO is close tomaking a big signing this summer. From What I gather it must be Andriy VOROBEY or Anatoliy TYMOSHYUK

I like them both. Very impressive players.

I don't know I am not sure about who it's gonna be. Neither Vorobei nor Timoschuk fit the profile of the player PAO would normally sign and we have to take into account that they are playing for SHAHTAR who are really big spenders compared to PAO. I do not see how we could Lure these players in.

Here is a name that fits the profile that GOAL published today.

Andrey RUSOL is only 22 plays at CB for DNPRO and is an INTERNATIONAL. (This player is great, 188cm, Perfect replacement for SOTOS)

:LOL: far out

damn! i was hoping it was Shevchenko!!!

u mean its NOT shevchenko! lol

anyways, RUSOL sounds good and at 22....but when PAO promises big name and ukranian in same sentence...not giood

maric is crap.... we shouldn't waste any money on him.... we have/can find better players to sit on the bench.

As for the general theory of transfers... a small team like PAO has decided that it won't spend big money to bring in big players. Other wealthier teams in europe have the luxury of CHOSING from the best and pay whatever it takes....

Smaller teams take their chances by signing lots of players, try them out. If they get lucky and the player is very good, he helps the team and then the team makes money by selling him. That's the cycle.

I also believe that's what all the greek teams think.... that they'll never be among the top tier of euro football. There are many reasons for this, some of which have to do with how the greek football operates domestically and the mentality of the ..paragontes, players, etc.

I don't know what to make of this (Maric staying)

Although the player is indifferent to me I think it's a good move.

You need players to sit at the bench without spending loads of money and Maric renewal is probably considered good value for money.

If that means that we are gonna have more money to spend in first team players i'm all for it.

Don't forget that Malezani is a clever guy. He knows that he cannot ask for super transfers, so he is probably is keeping a couple of players (like Kostandinidis and Maric) in order to be able to spend at the areas he really thinks the team needs first rate footballers.

NEWS FLASH

Livathinos will be going to Argentina right after the game with AEK. Rumor has it that this time round he will not be going just to see some games but he will have a list of targets for which he will make the first contact and inquiries.

I want Marich to stay. I don't know why everybody hates him so much. I know he is no way near a leader but he is one of the most experienced players having played for both Permiership and Laliga teams. He can play as a back half in case Basinas leavs us. By the way I wouldn't count as much on Aderson. He is about to get an other operation....

As for the Ukrenian my guess would be Rebrof.

My only hopes for something not simply good but amazing are from Argentina. I don't know if any of you watch Boca and River play but, THEY BOTH HAVE AMAZING PLAYERS AT THIS SEASON. Imagine if Livathinos brings somebody to help Gonzales out and that somebody being from his own country!!!! :nw:

I want Marich to stay. I don't know why everybody hates him so much. I know he is no way near a leader but he is one of the most experienced players having played for both Permiership and Laliga teams. He can play as a back half in case Basinas leavs us. By the way I wouldn't count as much on Aderson. He is about to get an other operation....

As for the Ukrenian my guess would be Rebrof.

My only hopes for something not simply good but amazing are from Argentina. I don't know if any of you watch Boca and River play but, THEY BOTH HAVE AMAZING PLAYERS AT THIS SEASON. Imagine if Livathinos brings somebody to help Gonzales out and that somebody being from his own country!!!! :nw:

i dont want him because he is a LIABILITY

everytime i watch him play i get extremely nervous, because he is wreckless, has awful touch, and fools around with the ball in dangerous situations!!!! so many instances we have conceded or come very close to eating a goal because of his nonsense!!

experience? who gives a damn! he still sucks! if football has proven anything you dont need big club experience to be a great player....look where papadopoulos came from....Akratitos then burnley.......to the top scorer for PAO last year.....there are plenty of great players in this league we could pay less and have them do better than Maric...

we made great steps ridding zuta and epalle from the club, but we need to finish off the deal and throw out konstantinidis and maric!!!

Look Drakos we are talking about a bench player. I agree with you to get someone better. But as long as the managment does what they to all these years the least I feel is happy when someone like Maric stays. (Who wouldn't prefer to renew contracts with Karagounis, Kolka etc and not Maric, Kostadinidis etc)

I will be totaly honest about my complete view of Marich.

He came to the team as a left ex-term and ended up being helping out only as a back-half next to Basina. In the begining he was used as a left ex-term and he sucked as you say and I 100% agree with you. But when his role was changed to a back-half he proved to give a boost to Pao's center helping out Basina and Gonzales. If Pao gets someone better I want him out as well, but my hopes are not high.

And something else about Malezani's Philosophy. Everybody says he has got magic. I don't see magic, I see a Pao cut in half with no center over the game. No ball possetion. No safe defence, even with 3 central defenders. Having 3 attackers will get us nowhere. Can you imagine Pao playing with the same system in Europe. We will probabaly become the Next Osfp playing attractive soccer and conciving more goals than scoring....

Keeping Maric could mean that Basinas is going since we have TZIOLIS - ANDERSON - ANDRIC for that spot (DMC)

Regarding the Argentinean Market, I think we are getting a AML or a DL. Those guys down there really know how to cross the ball.

By the way, the decision on the appeal of SPYROPOULOS will be given in a few days. Spyropoulos was given a 2 year ban after being found with above normal levels of testosterone. He appealed and is hoping that the ban will go down to 6 months so that he can conclude the transfer to PAO.

Update on the Ukranian story that came out a couple of days ago. Aparently the player we are interested in is OLEG VIENLINSKI (Венглинский Олег to be more accurate :P ) he plays for Dnipro and is an attacker born in 1978.

I am not surprised. This is very typical of PAO.Always go for the one nobody knows about and try to convince people he is a super player.

Munch update

Tzigger had a first meeting with Munch and his manager and the two sides were not too far apart (munch is reported to ask for a protected 2 year deal for about 600000 Euro.) I think he is gonna get it and stay with us.

Regarding Munch.

I love this guy's attitude and knoledge of soccer (He is the best assist giver in the team right now) but I would let him go. The guy is very old and he gets injured all the time. I guess his role will be to come of the bench and save us with his marvelus crosses for the second half when Pao will need to desperstely score a goal.

{By the way I would also let go: Andritch, Aderson, Bikofsky, Samartean, Olisadebe, Sapanis, Roubakis, Skachel (only because of his expensive contract)}

Regarding Munch.

I love this guy's attitude and knoledge of soccer (He is the best assist giver in the team right now) but I would let him go. The guy is very old and he gets injured all the time. I guess his role will be to come of the bench and save us with his marvelus crosses for the second half when Pao will need to desperstely score a goal.

{By the way I would also let go: Andritch, Aderson, Bikofsky, Samartean, Olisadebe, Sapanis, Roubakis, Skachel (only because of his expensive contract)}

sapanis and expensive contract?

u dont no anything

What you didn't understand?

Sapanis should leave I said (I don't see the managment wanting to keep him anywasy) .

As for Schachel's and only Scachel's contract is expensive. To keep him in the team we have to give Marselle 1,5 million Euro.

Regarding Munch.

sapanis and expensive contract?

u dont no anything

i agree, u dont know anything

we just signed Roubakis :blink: why let him go?

Anderson as well???

Update on the Ukranian story that came out a couple of days ago. Aparently the player we are interested in is OLEG VIENLINSKI (Венглинский Олег to be more accurate :P ) he plays for Dnipro and is an attacker born in 1978.

I am not surprised. This is very typical of PAO.Always go for the one nobody knows about and try to convince people he is a super player.

###### Hell :angry:

Look, so far I like what I see in Melitzana. The question is whether he's got the final say as to what players PAO has. I understand that a coach cannot get any player he wants because the club is not willing to spend the money to get such player. However, a coach that is going to BUILD A TEAM FOR THE FUTURE should have the right to REJECT players, and to CLEAN the roaster.

If you can answer this question, whether Melitzana is given the authority to shape his team, then we can look at the roaster and tell whether PAO is going to be a great team or an average team--good only for the scrappy domestic league! We can also tell whether Melitzana is a great coach by the ..company he keeps!

Does anyone know if he's got such authority within the team?

I also want to point out that it's a mistake to be having talks with Munch and the others before the season is over. It's a distraction to the players and the team spirit. More specifically, Munch wants to impress with his attacking skills and is not very helpful in the back. Kotsios has been complaining that Munch isn't helping as much as he should in the back. He's right. Again, it's stupid to have negotiations or any kind of talk with players before the end of the season.

Archived